MTG thread

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Yeah that's what gets me about it, there are fair ways to play with Leyline of Abundance that don't involve Nykthos, but taking away Leyline from Nykthos only chips at it's strength a little bit. Green devotion is still going to be OP.

True, but they are also doing weekly bannings for Pioneer. So if its still to "OP", than it will get hit again on Monday.

Last edited:

Sterling

El Presidente
It's not OP though, it's just a good deck at this point. The crazy explosive draws are much less of a thing now.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Yeah the leyline ban was just enough to keep the deck in check and oath of Nissa was going to get banned eventually when someone makes "5 color every 3cmc walker" .dec

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Oath is a bunch of letting games play out the same over and over again. One mana, no risk, replaces itself, moves around some materials, meh. Nothing wrong with ejecting zero and one mana cards that do that kind of thing and it was in a bunch of decks already.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Should start finding out what these "mystery" packs are tomorrow at the GP. I'm assuming it's a chaos draft of Pioneer-legal sets.

Vinen

God is dead
My case of M19 and Rivals just showed up. More sealed product to hold for years... game room on 3rd floor almost done and stuff will be stored there.

My goal is to hold onto a case of everything legal in Pioneer.

Last edited:

Sterling

El Presidente
69 percent of decks at this weekends MC are running Oko. Wonder if that was predictable? Nice format.

Sterling

El Presidente
It's the most skewed any PT/MC format ever I'm pretty sure. More than Jace, BBE Jund, Affinity, pretty sure even Rebel Block constructed was this bad lol. So dumb.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The next ban update is the 18th of November and everyone knows this is a lame duck format. If some folks put together sweet anti-Oko technology that'll be fun to watch but I expect players just practiced what has already been proven to be good and are looking forward past the ban(s).

Sterling

El Presidente
It's just way too much smoothing for standard combined with the London mulligan.

It feels like a modern horizon card.
Oh for sure, having one in your opening hand gives lets you keep so many hands you might have to mulligan if it was a land or creature because it can be either. 69 percent Oko decks, and probably like 80-85 percent green decks in general since you'll have adventure decks of both flavors and Jund sacrifice and R/G aggro too.

Edit: Forgot there's also the RUG Reclamation decks too.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
No talk about the tranny land controversy?

terf.jpg

The putrid bile and venemous hatred that has flowed towards Terese Nielsen for her crime of liking tweets from the likes of Tucker Carlson, Trump Jr. and InfoWars and for the temerity to vote for a Republican are so out of line with who I am and what I believe that I likely could never return to Magic the Gathering. The community has gone feral. Gerry Thompson bought some Force of Wills (Terese having done art for one of the versions) and uploaded a video of himself defacing the art with a permanent marker.

I share nothing with that mindset, both what would drive someone to deface the cards and what drives someone to upload a video of themselves doing it for goodboy points.

A player ate a major infraction for saying "I can't read karate" when asking for the Oracle text for a card in Japanese."

“A player takes action towards one or more individuals that could reasonably be expected to create a feeling of being harassed, threatened, bullied, or stalked. This may include insults based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, or sexual orientation. Threats of physical violence should be treated as Unsporting Conduct – Aggressive Behavior.
It is possible for an offender to commit this infraction without intending malice or harm to the subject of the harassment.”

What Autumn did fits that description 100%. Terf is a gendered slur and it was used in an attempt to harass, threaten and bully women. "No Blacks on Gruul turf" or "No Gays on Gruul turn" would be an automatic get the fuck out of here the door's right there do you need us to call an uber for you lifetime ban but if you want to attack people for the crime of you hitting the cotton ceiling you get taken off to the side and told to knock it off.

Fuck everything.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oko is getting banned. There is no doubt that Oko is getting banned from Standard. Not since Jace has there been such a meta defining Planeswalker. It was bound to happen. There really is only so many cards that can be created and so the occasional broke one gets released. I just wonder if they also ban him in other formats.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user