MTG thread

Vinen

God is dead
Part of the Theors EV being shit is the collector boosters are well. They have 3 "showcase" or whatever you want to call it cards per pack, and only mythics exist with those special extended art or alternate frames, so every path is 3 mythics. The prices on stuff like alternate art gods or planeswalkers is in the absolute shitter because of that and you can buy special versions of them for the same or less as the normal prints.

Its a very accurate Theory. I cracked a box and got 11 Mythics.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Part of the Theors EV being shit is the collector boosters are well. They have 3 "showcase" or whatever you want to call it cards per pack, and only mythics exist with those special extended art or alternate frames, so every path is 3 mythics. The prices on stuff like alternate art gods or planeswalkers is in the absolute shitter because of that and you can buy special versions of them for the same or less as the normal prints.

Been watching collector box openings, and the amount of mythics being pulled is stupid. Even seen a few packs opened with 3 in them. 3! But, nice for collectors like me, with WOTC trying to make all their cards worthless.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Part of the Theors EV being shit is the collector boosters are well. They have 3 "showcase" or whatever you want to call it cards per pack, and only mythics exist with those special extended art or alternate frames, so every path is 3 mythics.
That's an exaggeration, since there are rares and uncommon with those alternate frames (or rares with extended art).

But overall, you still get close to 1 mythic per pack, which is absolutely insane rates.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>

Almost, the demigods are uncommon so yeah last 2 slots are either an uncommon or a mythic

Sterling

El Presidente
The new limited format is so close to being awesome. The one actual problem is the density of almost unbeatable rares/mythics is extremely high. I mean I get that it's "fair" if every deck has 1 or 2 of those cards, but it makes for some really shitty individual games.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vinen

God is dead
Guess I'm not the only one watching Rudy? haha

You've probably watched more than 2 or 3 of my box openings.

Ice Age, Planar Chaos, (1st) Throne of Eldraine Collectors are all mine. :)
I have Throne of Eldraine Normal and Theros Collectors queued up.

Figuring out some other box opening. Any suggestions? Was thinking full Mirrodin Block if he can do it.

• 1Like

OneofOne

Openings don't particularly interest me, I just like hearing his perspective on things. I have certainly learned a bit, and not just about Magic. How does that work anyway - with the openings? He offers patrons a % off to open their box on camera?

Vinen

God is dead
Openings don't particularly interest me, I just like hearing his perspective on things. I have certainly learned a bit, and not just about Magic. How does that work anyway - with the openings? He offers patrons a % off to open their box on camera?

Same price. For standard he just ships rares and foils. Collectors and older boxes he ships all card.

OneofOne

Huh interesting. I guess I don't understand why you guys do it then. Not a knock /shrug

Anyone have a super awesome secret source of getting old Fat Pack player guides? Ebay and the big sites - if they even have them - have very high prices on older shit. $50 for a player guide? Must be some hardcore collectors out there.

OneofOne

Also, TBD Collectors Boxes going for $200, +free shipping on Ebay, so call it $220 with tax. Know a place to get 'em for $210 out the door. The whole idea of collecters boosters seems wrong to me, yet tempting...

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Theros collector packs/boxes are toxic waste, stay far far away.

• 1Like

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
It's pretty great for picking up cheap singles. I've been snagging 4 regular prints of things for competitive decks and 1 extended art / fancy shit for EDH, and everything is dirt cheap right now.