MTG thread

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
International Women's Day Secret Lair is being sold today.

OMG GET IT OMG OMG OMG OMG I Gotta catch one! OMG OMG OMG!

(seriously, IWD? /gag)

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Honestly this is the right way to do a promo. If you care about the cause, buy it. If not, don't.

Still waiting on my constellation gods...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OneofOne

They will continue Secret Lairs until the sales dry up and the bitching gets too loud. Then like every other time they've overdone something, they'll move on to the next scam er highly priced product.

And again, I say this as someone who, if they make an Elves Secret Lair, I'll be at the head of the line =/

• 1Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I'm kinda surprised that breach was hit, just because its legacy and its only been legal a month. That and Dig not getting tagged, but saw that as a possible choice.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Legacy was actually fucked with Breach around, it had to go. I know not a ton of people still play it so it may not be immediately obvious, but that deck was complete bananas.

Imagine playing against ANT only it doesn't have to run a pile of shitty rituals and lotus petals and shit and instead gets to run a bunch of interaction like forces/plows/teferis but can still just combo you on turn 1 anyway.

No changes in Pioneer is probably a good thing. That format needs time to grow organically instead of playing ban wack-a-mole with whatever is best in the current month. Inverter isn't even like oppressively good. It's strong, but most of the hate it gets is from bads just hating combo in a weird abstract sense because it's not "fair".

Sterling

El Presidente
Legacy was actually fucked with Breach around, it had to go. I know not a ton of people still play it so it may not be immediately obvious, but that deck was complete bananas.

Imagine playing against ANT only it doesn't have to run a pile of shitty rituals and lotus petals and shit and instead gets to run a bunch of interaction like forces/plows/teferis but can still just combo you on turn 1 anyway.

No changes in Pioneer is probably a good thing. That format needs time to grow organically instead of playing ban wack-a-mole with whatever is best in the current month. Inverter isn't even like oppressively good. It's strong, but most of the hate it gets is from bads just hating combo in a weird abstract sense because it's not "fair".
I don't really have a problem with there not being any changes to Pioneer, but Dig and Cruise 100 percent will be banned at some point probably not too far into the future.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
IMG_20200308_214722.jpg

decided to quit buying boosters last year when I sold my collection, but I wanted to experience at least one Collector's Booster in my lifetime.... Got this badboy yesterday

Looking to use it to trade into the basics for a Dimir colored Pioneer deck. Not super concerned about being on meta.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Per the professors video, fetch lair will probably go for $165+. Apparently they will also be available in another product this year (probably not with the special art). Hinted that it will be one of the commander products.

• 1WTF

OneofOne

So 2 days ago you could pick up Mystery Booster Boxes for $100 out the door. Today prices are going stupid. Watched damn near in real time as many of the bigger sites have been climbing to $150.

Coronachan? New product with limited quantity? Rudy disciples going crazy and hoarding?

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Thankfully these are for LGS and not direct only. That direct only shit is retarded as fuck.

Yea with limited quantity <10. People are gonna lose their fucking minds when these are magically 300$

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
So 2 days ago you could pick up Mystery Booster Boxes for $100 out the door. Today prices are going stupid. Watched damn near in real time as many of the bigger sites have been climbing to $150.

Coronachan? New product with limited quantity? Rudy disciples going crazy and hoarding?

New product that's at least fun, came at a non-retarded price and has some pretty good value in it (at least for now). Lots of prices about to tank I'd imagine, though.

Shit was flying off the shelves at our LGS, though. They still had them for $99.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
New product that's at least fun, came at a non-retarded price and has some pretty good value in it (at least for now). Lots of prices about to tank I'd imagine, though.

Shit was flying off the shelves at our LGS, though. They still had them for $99.
The Mana crypt is already tanking, I was seeing it going $50

OneofOne

Looking at some smaller sites. In the last hour, one site has sold out, another has jumped $25, and TCG is now $163 item+tax at the cheapest. My go-to site that restocked at +$30 earlier today, is now sold out again.

I'm suuuuuper curious what the print run on this is going to be. Some people saying this is it, others saying there will be a small 2nd round, and other saying it's print to demand. So... that's quite a spread.

Shit's just really interesting to me. Human nature and all that. That and I'm hoping to pick up some cheap OG Rhys the Redeemed.