MTG thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Boundary pushing is fine but we don't need the explore the design space of things we already know are a bad idea like zero mana spells. How many times are they going to keep touching that stove?

They didn't learn either. The only reasons Fires is gone is because it invalidated their new companion rules. They're still allowing broken ass Teferi, Reclamation and all the easy ramp. We're back to that other fun as hell Bant/Simic/Sultai Nissa ramp environment! Yay!!!

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Start of previews delayed until tomorrow due to George Floyd

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Start of previews delayed until tomorrow due to George Floyd

After watching Mad Men I was amazed at how persuasive and subtle companies could be with advertising. This was the 60s and they were already targeting customer bases with images, sounds, and even words. It made me think just how sophisticated things were in the early 2000's and slightly horrified for how good they would get as my children grew up.

......and now we are more than a decade later and the PR/marketing arms of all these giant corporations skip all of that to jump on the latest social trend and end up looking like fucking retards. I cannot believe that there was any amount of testing or market sampling before these media giants and Fortune 50 companies tell us they 'believe all women,' that 'black lives matter,' or that their core demographic needs to 'unlearn toxic masculinity' all in the attempt to sell more product.

I guess the fucking rubes that blindly follow hashtags without looking at the substance of an argument are the same ones that will buy a few extra boxes of MtG because lolPolitics.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
lol so I see they aren't toning down power level of cards

ridiculous base set with a few cards showing that totally reshape meta's

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
I have sold 17 of my pokemon cards online and have made $700+, I am so disappointeed in my self three years ago, if I still had my first edition Blastoise damn,, I sold for $100 , dude didn't hesitate and that was 3-4 years ago.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm

Spoilers are officially starting for M21 today. The Ren and Stimpy card legit has me cracking up, plus I'm curious how far they are pushing this tribal. The new land (only seen a single island so far) looks pretty awesome, even if blue is the color I play least. Speaking of, spoilers of Teferi were surprisingly accurate, unfortunately.

• 1Like

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
There will be 18 (yes, 18) versions of Teferi in this set.

"For Teferi, Master of Time, there are four regular-frame versions, four showcase versions, and a borderless version along with each in foil."

There's only 4 different art treatments BUT... they are 97% the same. Seriously. These are 4 "unique" cards:

teferi.PNG

• 1Worf

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Cards a complete trap. People are wanking themselves pretty hard over how it's gonna finally answer Teferi and are gonna be so fucking disappointed.

Additional cost to cast is such an unbelievable burden in the 2020 version of magic that it makes the card basically unplayable. Counters/removal all are just free 2 for 1s, and basically every planeswalker that sees play generates value coming down so at worst is trading even with this even if it gets to attack/ping them off.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
No noise about Sparkhunter Masticore ?

sparkhuntermasticore.jpg

Dope finisher for a ridiculously annoyingly slow counter-control control deck to the Teferi tribal control coming hahaha that's great

Haven't read any of the commentary out there about it aside from reading this thread (not playing much lately) but with Dimir strong right now it just feels like it's gonna happen.