MTG thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I don't collect, but I want these so bad.

party-hard-shred-harder-secret-lair-all-cards.jpg

• 4Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 4 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I feel a strong combination of loving and loathing this.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
I quit Arena early this year when WOTC went super woke with banning old cards. I hate the idea of WOTC selling singles. But hot damn im buying these and framing them.

• 1Like

Vinen

God is dead
I quit Arena early this year when WOTC went super woke with banning old cards. I hate the idea of WOTC selling singles. But hot damn im buying these and framing them

I am buying 5 sets. 1 for framing 4 for playset. These are the most amazing MTG cards I've seen in years. This is what Secret Lair should be. Not collabs with shitty shows.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I quit Arena early this year when WOTC went super woke with banning old cards. I hate the idea of WOTC selling singles. But hot damn im buying these and framing them.
This is what MTG is now.

Go on the subreddit and it's close to 100% posts about card alters.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
It's fucking criminal that the Bob Ross lands aren't full art. What the fuck? I guess at least they give you two this time vs. the one for the winter wonderland. I love the art on those, too, but the fuck am I going to do with a single land?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vinen

God is dead
This set is going to be bought up so fast that you will be lucky not to buy it off Ebay. I quit the card version of Magic 10 years ago and I want a set of this to frame and put up on the wall. It just looks wonderful.

It's Secret Lair. These sets are Print to Demand. Some of us just won't get our copies for months.

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I don't see how people get hyped for this shit.

Its either going to get 1-upped, or printed to absolutely zero value.

Good for WoTC I guess.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
What if I told you, its not always about card value? Novelty and fun still has a place in this game.

As much as WOTC seems trying to kill that, sometimes.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
It's fucking criminal that the Bob Ross lands aren't full art. What the fuck? I guess at least they give you two this time vs. the one for the winter wonderland. I love the art on those, too, but the fuck am I going to do with a single land?

they finally come up with a great idea and manage to fuck it up

ho hum

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Is there a good place to sell my cards online that isn't ebay? I went through some old stuff and found a few I think are worth a few bucks. Generally I would just take them down to Frank 7 Sons but it's a drive and also I hear it's been a bit of a madhouse.

• 1Pathetic

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If the phyrexians invading kaldheim is real and the whole "THIS SET IS FUCKING METAL" thing isn't just a lame marketing gimmick, but a lame dad joke about phyrexians, Imma have a sensible chuckle.

• 1Weird Boner

Chris

Potato del Grande
If the phyrexians invading kaldheim is real and the whole "THIS SET IS FUCKING METAL" thing isn't just a lame marketing gimmick, but a lame dad joke about phyrexians, Imma have a sensible chuckle.
People have wanted a Norse set ever since Kaldheim was teased, Phyrexians returning and to see Snow lands and tribal.

Why not ram it all into one set?

• 1Weird Boner

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Sure as fuck has tribal going on. And I love it. What I do not love is the amount of cards only found in their BS theme packs, and Set boosters.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It'll be interesting to see how the interlocking race/class tribal color pairs is responded to by players this time. They had it for Lorwyn/Shadowmoor and folks hated it/were confused by it.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Exile just becoming another graveyard and hand slowly but surely.

1609571185810.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users