MTG thread

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bouncing off Drtyrms idea: Cards and Sundries Emporium. CASE.com!

Fake edit: case.com is, not surprisingly, taken, Hobbycase.com isn't though! So now it's Hobby cards and sundries emporium.

Real edit: I really just want emporiums and sundries to make a comeback in our lexicon

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Cut Above Gaming.
Never Bored, Games.
Every Day I'm Shufflin Cards and Games.
Chase Game Co.
Front Line Gaming
Spearhead Gaming
Precedence
Newfangled Games and Things
Once Upon A Time and Place for Games

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
That's weird, Cutting Edge Games was going to be MY storefront.
Yeah Gamer's Edge was one near me as well. Although my favorite store that I used to spend all weekend at (I genuinely slept at the card shop when I was 12 years old) was called The Jester's Court.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I liked it, but it didn't originally have a good domain available. However, I just figured out one that might work, so it's been added to the shortlist of possibilities.

Gamer's Edge (Gamersedgegames.com and gameredgegames.com available)
Player Edge games (playeredgegames.com and playersedgegames.com available)
Cut Above gaming (cutabovegaming.com available)
The Front Line (thefrontlinegames.com available)
Precedence Games (precedencegames and precedencegaming.com available)
Pinnacle Games (pinnaclegamestore.com)

Basically, I've had to add games, game, or gamestore to find any half decent domains available. We don't want hyphens in our name, because one of our friends involved has done marketing research with online domains and convinced my partner it's the worst thing a website can EVAR DO! :-/ I agree it's not great, but think that sometimes a smaller domain with a hyphen is easier/cleaner then a long one without it.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Won our small FNM with UW Control. The deck is surprisingly resilient to Thoughtseize. I had 4x Banishing Light for all the Whips so my Abzan matches were not that hard really.

Ratina

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Taking this list to a Legacy 1k tomorrow, i think its my list for GPNJ next week.

Doom Scraps

4 Chalice of the Void
4 Trinisphere
4 Metalworker
4 Grim Monolith
3 Lotus Petal
4 Serum Powder
1 Scarecrone
4 Daretti, Scrap Savant
3 Goblin Weilder
2 Trading Post
4 Scuttleing Doom Engine
2 Spine of Ish Sah
1 Sundering Titan

4 Cavern of Souls
4 Ancient Tomb
4 City of Trators
4 Great Furnace
2 Wasteland
2 Buried Ruin

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Basically, I've had to add games, game, or gamestore to find any half decent domains available. We don't want hyphens in our name, because one of our friends involved has done marketing research with online domains and convinced my partner it's the worst thing a website can EVAR DO! :-/ I agree it's not great, but think that sometimes a smaller domain with a hyphen is easier/cleaner then a long one without it.
The hyphen thing is definitely true, ESPECIALLY if it's a site people won't visit multiple times per week. You would need to have both the version with the hyphen and without for it to not be an issue really, and in that case why bother with the hyphen anyway?

Ratina

I rate that deck as 4.5/5 table flips. Good luck.
Thanks man. but it ended up being a 4.5 suck fest. 1-4-1 and my win was cause the guy didn't show. I value hands with early locks but I don't always pick the right one for the deck i'm against. I need to get more aggressive with mulligans I think.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Time to jam more games. I imagine a Serum Powder deck relies on really knowing your matchups to take advantage.

Ratina

Time to jam more games. I imagine a Serum Powder deck relies on really knowing your matchups to take advantage.
Serum Powder was there to be a crutch, i figured extra chances to get an early lock hand. Actually never used it in the 1k.

Today's weekly event's list is closer to what I won the GPT with, but with a splash of red

4 Chalice of the Void
4 Trinisphere
4 Metalworker
4 Grim Monolith
4 Lotus Petal
3 Kuldotha Forgemaster
2 Lightning Greaves
2 Goblin Welder
2 Corcive Portal
2 Daretti, Scrap Savant
2 Spine of Ish Sah
2 Sundering Titan
1 Staff of Domination
1 Crucible of Worlds
1 Blightsteel Colossus

4 Cloudpost
4 Glimmerpost
4 Great Furnace
3 Wasteland
3 Cavern of Souls
2 Thespian's Stage
2 Vesuva

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
How much does it cost(time and money) to get back into MTG? I remember MTGO being a huge cash sink back when I played a lot, even though I was very highly rated in limited at the time. I assume now it would be even worse?

Taloo_sl

shitlord
Depends entirely on your goal. Can be competitive in standard for $200 or so. Modern no clue but think sub $500. Beyond that I've never cared. If you just want to play some limited and ease your way back in while accruing cards then $15 a week ftw. Unless assholes don't show up for fucking drafts like I'm currently dealing with.

Time is up to you. About four hours to draft on average. FNM can be 3-6 hours depending on turnout. Big tourneys are an all day affair. Theory crafting new and shitty decks can be a full time job if that's your thing.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Depends entirely on your goal. Can be competitive in standard for $200 or so. Modern no clue but think sub $500. Beyond that I've never cared. If you just want to play some limited and ease your way back in while accruing cards then $15 a week ftw. Unless assholes don't show up for fucking drafts like I'm currently dealing with.

Time is up to you. About four hours to draft on average. FNM can be 3-6 hours depending on turnout. Big tourneys are an all day affair. Theory crafting new and shitty decks can be a full time job if that's your thing.
Man I feel bad when I hear people's LGS still charge $15 for draft. Haven't seen that price for it in a while now. (See $10-$12 here locally.)

But I recommend draft overall helps you get cards, give you new card knowledge and build on your skill level.