Murders and Shootings

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Quick lets just shit out whatever pseudo-facts we can, who cares if they're accurate we gotta scoop the other network!
Law enforcement officials originally released the name to the press so... blame them. It's the police who are recanting.

I do agree with your sarcasm though.

Numbers_sl

shitlord
Merkinz4Brazil, I don't have the answers for the so-called glorification of these events, but from what I saw, the guy who asked the little boy a couple of brief questions didn't hurt the child.

Merkinz4Brazil, I don't have the answers for the so-called glorification of these events, but from what I saw, the guy who asked the little boy a couple of brief questions didn't hurt the child.
Don't mind me I am blind raging atm. Days like today I hate the Media. Next I'll blame Lucas for the Anakin vs. the Younglings scene in his POS movie.

Diamyr_sl

shitlord
Law enforcement officials originally released the name to the press so... blame them. It's the police who are recanting.

I do agree with your sarcasm though.
They can't recant something they never officially said. When an anonymous person says something off the record and the media runs with it, that's not the same thing as a department stance. The official word still is and has been "shooter unidentified" even though within minutes of finding him they thought he was Ryan Lanza and then someone blabbed that 'unofficially'.

Izuldan_sl

shitlord
Quick lets just shit out whatever pseudo-facts we can, who cares if they're accurate we gotta scoop the other network!
Don't blame just the media, it's human nature. It's no different than people on this very thread posting information as soon as they get it without any verification. Some people just like to share information like a stream of consciousness the moment it occurs to them, others will be more reserved and check and recheck their facts before sharing. The media is just an extension of that. The media is dumb because guess what? So is the majority of humanity, I'm sorry to say, including and especially the ones controlling the media.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
This is not even comprehensible. Just babies, and he went after the youngest specifically.

I don't really want to weigh in on the politics. Mass shootings in France, Germany, Norway...It just happens. No one can see the demons someone is carrying around in their head. The only comment I would make though, is that people have been killing people, and commuting suicide in schools for a long time. Except in most of the decades before the late 80's, the gunmen usually just shot one person, then killed himself. In fact, the incident rate of suicide/murder hasn't really gone up, as far as a cursory glance at the list of school shootings can tell me--what's changed is the amount of people who die before the psycho kills himself.

I know it's not scientific, but I really think that lends itself to what the forensic psychologist was saying about how the Mass Media essentially idolizes these guys 24/7. Maybe that, combined with lower access to health care, or a poorer outlook on life in general (Bad economy, Less parent time at home due to longer hours, lower quality of life/education--tons of things have changed) has created a kind of pressure cooker around people , that before the last few decades, would have just blown their own heads off and been done with it.

But who knows? Like I said...these were just babies. It's just so disgusting to think about that even the normal rational debate that comes from these things is difficult.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Absolutely sickening. Dying at the scene is way too good for this piece of shit, they need to bring him back to life and send him on a rape tour of America's prisons.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Those half million Americans in your example make a conscience choice when deciding to eat. The 27 dead in today's tragic event did not choose today as their judgement day. This is a terrible example. Comparing hamburgers to bullets is worse than apples to oranges.
I really honestly doubt there is conscious rational decision making going on when you order from Mcdonalds, if there was a truly informed and educated populace the place wouldn't sell 1 meal. Don't underestimate the power of public relations (propaganda).

bleedat

Molten Core Raider
So sad. I can't even imagine the pain these families are going through. Prayers for all of them
frown.png

frown.png

frown.png

November

Lord Nagafen Raider
As a father of two very young children, this event just completely broke my heart.

I keep thinking these kids were happy that it was one week before Christmas. They were happy it was Friday and the weekend was here. They were just happy being kids.

Personally, I'm a fan of executing his parents for this.
There is a neighbor kid (21?) who is a raging alcoholic friendless fuck who has made threats to elderly people on our block. Cops have been sent to that house regularly for years. I told his dad a few months back "first time your kid hurts someone, I am gonna beat your ass for letting this fly in your house", the kid claims he is in AA now.