Must Have Software

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

ooo6

Trakanon Raider
For text editing i highly recommend

Total Commander or UltraEdit. Cant live without either of those.

Desidero

N00b
I'm super nerdy and use vim for text editing.

All the cool kids these days seem to useSublime Textthough.
I really like Sublime Text and would definitely recommend it over NP++ (my old favorite). Every once in a while I still use Eclipse, but Sublime Text is better/faster most of the time.

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
Maybe it's the wrong thread for this, if so, I am sorry...

But please do recomend me a software or mozilla/chrome plugin for my following need...
I do like to browse Deviant Art site a lot, and I want to save hundreds or even thousands of pictures from that site, but I use the trackpad from my laptop, so right-click - save image as - save - is a hell lot of work. I do need a a software or mozilla/chrome plugin that would allow me to save a image with a single button press or mouse click, just one. Is there such a thing ? I dont need a automatic bulk image download, just a simple thing that would save me thousands of unnecesary clicks. Thank you.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
For Firefox you can try Quick Drag and set it up so when you drag / click an image it will save it.

mysterion_sl

shitlord
i really got to likeClementine- couldnt be happier. tried a few other audioplayers over the years, but this is the one i like most.
also wanted to second notepad++ for all your editing needs (at least on a windows platform)
and i noticed there is no mention of truecrypt? any reason why?

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
Before I resort to openVPN, does anyone know of a 2 factor authentication system for remote OSX access that doesn't make my eyes bleed when I read the install guide?

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
Openvpn works great, though all the walkthroughs leave out important details, you shouldn't mess with it unless you have a decent network and troubleshooting background. Cheap 2 factor authentication though, I was going to have my client cough up a grand for commercial software.

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
I'm trying to kick my Firefox habit with Chrome - any must have extensions, beyond AdBlock Plus, Ghostery, and DoNotTrack?

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Chrome to Phone(if you have an Android phone). Instantly shoots any webpage or link to your phone. Awesome if you're looking up an address in your browser, or a phone number or something, can just shoot it straight to your navigation or calling on your phone without looking it up again.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone here try out Apple's new iCloud? It blows Google docs out of the water imo. You do need to have an account on a mac(doesn't need to be yours) and have an iWork/mail/calendar app installed to on that computer to link to your iCloud acccount (even torrented apps will work). Once you do though you can log in via a browser on any OS and use the iWork apps in browser. The UI is slick and looks like an actual program ui and not just plain html.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Any simple .avi.img/.iso to DVD burning software recommendations? Not to make data discs, but DVD videos, for normal bluray/dvd playing.

Nero for XP is what I used to use and it worked great. You just drag an .avi file, click burn, and it converts it to a dvd you can watch in any player. The new version for windows 7 is a giant piece of shit with and you have to go through all kinds of hoops every time you want to burn to get it to work the way the old version was defaulted to. I don't want animated buttons, I don't want it to stop after every track is played, etc. I just want it to work.