My son's friend hit's his mother...Mother kicks son out. Now friend over my house.

iannis

Musty Nester
That is a tough spot. The best thing that could happen is that they boy apologizes to his mother and she takes him back into the house. Poor or not, young or not, he fucked up real good. The mother might let him rot.

Failing that, you can't keep a 2nd son. If the boy is smart you might be able to explain some simple facts of life to him. He's got 3-4 more years before he can getlegalwork. He probably doesn't understand that or know what it means. It might have to be explained to him that he can not take care of himself yet, he still has to rely on her. That means her rules and he doesn't try to punch her when he gets pissed. You could threaten the mother with social services, because gavin is right -- she can't refuse to take him back. But that's an absolute last resort. Because that's going to be a fucking mess no matter what and she'll probably call your "bluff". You can also, as a less-than-last resort threaten the BOY with child services.

Hopefully one of the two of them are clever enough that all it takes is talking.

If he knows enough to "Hello Mr. Brama, Sir" you then as a friend for your son he might not be the worst. You probably don't need to pull the plug on him just yet. That kid is gonna be wild and do some dumb shit, but if your kid is smart enough to not be in the car with him when he does, it'll probably be ok.

That's a tough spot.

iannis

Musty Nester
Oh, it's a white boy?

Yeah. The mother will let him rot. White people be all crazy.

It doesn't mean you can't threaten her with child services... it's just that it's not gonna be effective in getting her to back down.

Maybe she takes the weekend for a little break. If the boy can be made to apologize abjectly, that'll do more good.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
What about your son? You would think he would know the difference between right and wrong if he is climbing through a window to someone else's house. If anything will help, a good influence that are close friends of this kid would help. Have a talk with your son and teach him not to enable his friend to do dumb thug shit.
The boy climbed thru the window of his own house. Not my son or his friend. My mistake if that wasn't clear. I'd put a foot up my sons ass far enough he'd be choking on my corns if he pulled some shit like that.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
The mother may not be able to afford it, and if he's a white male he may not qualify for tuition help, but I would suggest military school. The kid needs structure in his life.

Column_sl

shitlord
He hit his mom? Fuck that kid, there is some lines you just don't cross.

And he did it in front of his friends which is even more fucked.

Im glad you at least put some fear into him, but that kids needs more then one person to shape up his life at this point.
I would just put him in the fucking military, and let them wup his ass.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
He is white.
White people are psychos.

Talk to your son about what happened to try and guide him the direction of no longer spending time with the kid Tough if the kid is really smart and has a fucked up life at 13. Maybe offer him that he can reach out to you if he needs an ear or some sort of male opinion/guidance if it wouldn't burden you too much.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Christ man you have no faith. Are you serious? You don't believe a kid that has issues at age 13 can be turned around with the right influence? Boys father left mother with 4 sons. Mother looks like she is struggling. Clearly no help what so ever even from a system that is made for a family like this. Fucks sake even the cops fucked up IMO.

The boy is book smart so my son says. To hear him speak he is not a dummy. Very well spoken. I believe my son.

Christ you are one jaded son of a bitch. Go hug a hobo or some shit.
Are you willing to spend the next 5 years being this kid's father figure? Are you going to leave the other 3 kids to just rot, or are you gonna be a father figure to the whole family? I mean he attempted to go at his mother with a baseball bat, in front of his friends, and when he was prevented from doing that he still struck her with his fist. The kid needs therapy that he's not going to stick to, probably medication that he won't consistently take, and constant guidance that you don't have the time to provide.

My cynicism is matched only by your naivete, because you take your idealism way too far.

*edit*

I mean which do you think is more likely, his mother is a cold, heartless bitch who gives no fucks about turning her 13 year old son out on the streets, or that this isn't the first time he's been violent with her and she's not going to tolerate it anymore?

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Kid stays in that situation, not much hope for him. That makes me sad.Fucking lack of rules about who can procreate.
No. Just good at fucking.
M1AT4Vj.gif

You suck at contraception and thus overpopulate the planet. The horror, the horror.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Are you willing to spend the next 5 years being this kid's father figure? Are you going to leave the other 3 kids to just rot, or are you gonna be a father figure to the whole family? I mean he attempted to go at his mother with a baseball bat, in front of his friends, and when he was prevented from doing that he still struck her with his fist. The kid needs therapy that he's not going to stick to, probably medication that he won't consistently take, and constant guidance that you don't have the time to provide.

My cynicism is matched only by your naivete, because you take your idealism way too far.

*edit*

I mean which do you think is more likely, his mother is a cold, heartless bitch who gives no fucks about turning her 13 year old son out on the streets, or that this isn't the first time he's been violent with her and she's not going to tolerate it anymore?
You'd be amazed on how far just having a man telling a boy "man to man" what he is doing wrong goes. Nope...not going to have the kid live with me. BUT I can and probably will check him time to time. That doesn't hurt.

You absolutely can't save em all. But when drops into your lap, at least try?

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Christ man you have no faith. Are you serious? You don't believe a kid that has issues at age 13 can be turned around with the right influence? Boys father left mother with 4 sons. Mother looks like she is struggling. Clearly no help what so ever even from a system that is made for a family like this. Fucks sake even the cops fucked up IMO.

The boy is book smart so my son says. To hear him speak he is not a dummy. Very well spoken. I believe my son.

Christ you are one jaded son of a bitch. Go hug a hobo or some shit.
As others have said your only real option is to get CPS involved if the kid and his mom can't work that out. As it is he committed assault. The only reason he didn't spend the night in jail was that he is a minor. The cops did fuck up, but only in not letting him cool it off in jail or whatever juvie version is. You can't be his dad, and his mom is obviously doing a shitty job of parenting. If his real dad has no part in the family, the only option left is the state. That will impact all 4 kids there, and may end up with all 4 in foster care or state facilities. The plus side, they won't have to worry about shelter and food until they hit 18. The bad side, state care is abysmal.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You'd be amazed on how far just having a man telling a boy "man to man" what he is doing wrong goes. Nope...not going to have the kid live with me. BUT I can and probably will check him time to time. That doesn't hurt.

You absolutely can't save em all. But when drops into your lap, at least try?
Hey man, do what feels right to you. I just sometimes get the impression you have a little angel whispering in both ears and you need a devil to shout very loudly to get a word in edgewise.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Hey man, do what feels right to you. I just sometimes get the impression you have a little angel whispering in both ears and you need a devil to shout very loudly to get a word in edgewise.
And you have two devils! My god man, do you see ANY good in people?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I can tell you this. He grabbed a bat. My son stepped in and snatched him up, and takes the bat. Boy reaches around my son and punches mother. There were no bruises on the mother that I can see. The boy is like 160 5'8"? Mother is like 5'5" 120?
Not to play devil's advocate or anything, but what are the odds his mom is the type of person who said some really fucked up shit to him, and no one (of the 3 boys) wants to call her out on it to authority figures? That doesn't justify getting a bat or hitting her, but there are certainly no shortages of women who run their mouths at males to egg them on.

Like I said, it doesn't excuse hitting your own mother, but she sounds like a piece of shit.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Hard to suggest you keep a kid in your son's life if he hit his mom over dumb stuff. Im not a child psychologist but i have to believe that is a strong sign of sociopathy and dysfunction.