My son's friend hit's his mother...Mother kicks son out. Now friend over my house.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Getting angry and reflexively hitting someone I could "kind" of understand. Going for a bat, getting restrained, then still going through and hitting the mother? No fucking way.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
And you have two devils! My god man, do you see ANY good in people?
No, I really don't. I've always been bitter and cynical even as a very young child, but one day I read Shake Hands with the Devil, and the piece of my soul that allowed me to see good in people just sort of died, and nothing in my life since has ever brought it back. That Nietzsche quote really was dead on for me.

I will say it's pretty damn funny to see people like Elurin and Moonarchia falling all over themselves to vilify the poor single working mother of four sons. She must be such a shitty parent!

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I'd say having that kind of influence around your son is bad news.

If he has no place to go then social services is his only option. Taking him in is asking for problems and not just the obvious ones like him corrupting your kid. All it takes is one comment from him or his mother that you hit him, kidnapped him or whatever and your fucking life becomes a whole lot more complicated.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well first realize this kid has a absolutely horrible mother. He comes home from school and has to crawl through a window to enter his house. Think of what that is doing to this kids head. It's telling him that while he lives there he is not actually wanted there by his own mother.

His action while unacceptable must be put into the context the abusive environment he has been living in.

This kids mother in unfit to raise him as clearly demonstrated by the whole crawling through a window every day and by basically abandoning him to your care without any attempt to make arrangements for family member to take custody of the child.

This kid needs to ether be handed over to family members or foster care returning him to his mother will likely end in tragedy.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Who the fuck said anything about the whole family crawling through a window every day? You're jumping to conclusions from information that wasn't given. The information given is that he broke into the house today and brought guests inside without permission,then tried to attack his mother with a baseball bat.

Maybe he has a habit of wrecking the house or going through her room when she's not home. I mean it's weird that a thirteen year old doesn't have a key to his own house, but given that hetried to attack her with a baseball batwith witnesses, I'm going to give his mother the benefit of the doubt, not the 13 year old psycho. Maybe he doesn't have a key because he was supposed to be somewhere else after school until she got home.

You might want to read what Brahma actually posted instead of just making up your own wild fantasy story.

p.s.HE TRIED TO ATTACK HER WITH A BASEBALL BAT

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Congrats on your new son!

If they kid has any sort of history, come Monday I would call the mom and see what's what. If she refuses then call the cops, the kid is a minor and has to take him in. If not then let them handle it and worry about it.

If the kid has no history of anything like this, maybe keep him on for a few extra days to see if things change, if not, go with option A.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Who the fuck said anything about the whole family crawling through a window every day? You're jumping to conclusions from information that wasn't given. The information given is that he broke into the house today and brought guests inside without permission,then tried to attack his mother with a baseball bat.

Maybe he has a habit of wrecking the house or going through her room when she's not home. I mean it's weird that a thirteen year old doesn't have a key to his own house, but given that hetried to attack her with a baseball batwith witnesses, I'm going to give his mother the benefit of the doubt, not the 13 year old psycho. Maybe he doesn't have a key because he was supposed to be somewhere else after school until she got home.

You might want to read what Brahma actually posted instead of just making up your own wild fantasy story.

I said she made him not the family crawl through a window every day. The information was in fact given if you didn't bother to read it then go back to start and read it again. Maybe she just locks him out of house all day but way i read it is she just won't let him have a key to the house making him enter through a window after school. Ether option is abusive and you're the one making up completely speculative excuses for her behavior.

If she is a fit mother then why has she taken no action in regards to custody of her son. Why did she let police dump a 13 year old out of his house instead of demanding that the uncontrolled monster you speculate he is be taken in protective custody?

Harsh truth is there are far more mothers out there that deserve a baseball bat to the head by there children then there are thirteen year olds willing to do it by a huge margin.

Nester

Vyemm Raider

To be fair, no one said the word "attack" but you.

He grabbed a bat
Not to mention the fact that he was not even there as a witness himself.

If the "attack" was viscous do you think the police would just ask him to leave and not cart him away in cuffs?

My point is that i dont think this siutation warrants size 7 font.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I say have him post in this thread and we can raise him village style with the collective male influences of gav and papa tuco

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If Brahma comes in and says the kid crawls in through a window every day, I'll admit I was wrong, otherwise you guys are all retarded. Also Nester, nice selective quote. Try quoting the whole relevant section.

He grabbed a bat. My son stepped in and snatched him up, and takes the bat. Boy reaches around my son and punches mother.
The implication is crystal clear that the kid was planning to hit his mother with that baseball bat.

You guys can't make judgements either way as to the mom and sons relationship. Maybe he's a little degenerate hooligan who pushed his mom to far this time. Or maybe she's is an abusive drunk who gets her kicks beating his ass bloody a couple times a week and he finally snapped.

Regardless, it isn't really your problem Brahma. Kudos for giving him a place to stay over the weekend though.

Sterling

El Presidente
You guys can't make judgements either way as to the mom and sons relationship. Maybe he's a little degenerate hooligan who pushed his mom to far this time. Or maybe she's is an abusive drunk who gets her kicks beating his ass bloody a couple times a week and he finally snapped.

Regardless, it isn't really your problem Brahma. Kudos for giving him a place to stay over the weekend though.
Pretty much my thoughts on this as well.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
The cynical realist in me suggests that you distance yourself from this kid and ask your son to do the same. Your son climbing through some one's window can be interpreted as a class A felony burglary if a DA feels like it, so understanding the risk you are putting your son in might be a wake up call for you.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
I grew up poor and with no male figures (dad been in prison since i was 4) so I feel comfortable saying that his background in no way excuses that kind of behavior.

The fact he is violent and doesn't understand/care how his actions have consequences means you should get him the fuck away from your good functional kid before he gets caught up in this other kid's poor decision making.

The violence and douchiness can be a chicken and egg thing, did it come from his environment? Is he a douche just because he was born that way? Who knows

This isn't you or your son's problem and as the parent you should be wise enough to not make it so. Life provides you with enough unavoidable problems as is.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I wouldn't touch that shit with a 10 foot pole, not my kid - not my problem. Let CPS sort it out.

Him hanging around your kid is bad enough.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Send this kid to rough up your daughter's bullies with his baseball bat. Bullies will get fucked up and this kid will be in juvie and out of your hair. Win-win.

iannis

Musty Nester
He is only 13 guys. You don't need to write him off entirely SO early. It's no excuse. He fucked up bad. He needs to understand that and correct it. He won't understand it OR correct it if he's left entirely to himself.

That doesn't mean that you legally adopt him.

I had po'buckin friends when I was young. True, they grew up to be meth heads. Also true: I stopped hanging out with them when they started to get TOO violent. Going down to the storm sewers or an empty field and tossing around home made explosives is pretty good fun. I recommend it. Chucking rocks off of overpasses much less so.

If nothing else, exposing your son to this while he's still in your care and still trusts you is a not-horrible life experience for him. As long as he doesn't get pulled over and they find shit in the car. Cause obviously they'll blame the black guy. But he is just 13. The potential for actualcriminalmischief is limited. Admittedly more than 0, but limited.