My Spider Bro

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Not so easy if you use the bag! If you suck in a lot of bugs and you're worried about em getting out, put a piece of duct tape on the intake hole and they aren't going anywhere.

If you don't use a bag, yeah, good luck.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
I guess you don't have the poisonous kind out there like there is here?
That's a giant North American Millipede. Then can secrete Hydrocyanic acid if they feel threatened, which can irritate or burn exposed skin. But short of mashing one up and rubbing it on your skin they generally aren't too much of a threat. Just don't get any gunk in your eyes, that would suck. I wouldn't let any kids handle them though.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Best spider headline ever, huehuehue

Spiders 'bleeding out of walls' force family from Missouri home

WELDON SPRING, Mo. (AP) ? A family was driven from their suburban St. Louis home by thousands of venomous spiders that fell from the ceiling and oozed from the walls.

Brian and Susan Trost bought the $450,000 home overlooking two golf holes at Whitmoor Country Club in Weldon Spring in October 2007 and soon afterward started seeing brown recluse spiders everywhere, The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported. Once when showering, Susan Trost dodged a spider as it fell from the ceiling and washed down the drain.

She told St. Louis television station KMOV-TV in 2012 the spiders "started bleeding out of the walls," and at least two pest control companies were unable to eradicate the infestation.

The couple filed a claim in 2008 with their insurance company, State Farm, and a lawsuit against the home's previous owners for not disclosing the brown recluse problem.

At a civil trial in St. Charles County in October 2011, University of Kansas biology professor Jamel Sandidge ? considered one of the nation's leading brown recluse researchers ? estimated there were between 4,500 and 6,000 spiders in the home. Making matters worse, he said, those calculations were made in the winter when the spiders are least active.

The jury awarded the couple slightly more than $472,000, but the former owners declared bankruptcy, the insurance company still didn't pay anything and the couple moved out two years ago.

The home, now owned by the Federal National Mortgage Association, was covered with nine tarps this week and workers filled it with a gas that permeated the walls to kill the spiders and their eggs.

"There'll be nothing alive in there after this," said Tim McCarthy, president of the company hired to fix the problem once and for all.
In before oblig Arachnaphobia pics

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Quick, minimum distance from that house in which you would not immediately burn your house down.

My vote is 1 mile

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What the hell were they feeding on to keep them alive for so long and to get so many? Each other?

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
That's what I'm wondering about. Massive termite population? You don't have 5k spiders with no food source.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Have you all come up with inventive ways to murder fruit flies? In college i would put a food scrap in the oven with the door open then slam it shut and roast them

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Have you all come up with inventive ways to murder fruit flies? In college i would put a food scrap in the oven with the door open then slam it shut and roast them
Small sauce dish, fill it with Apple Cider Vinegar, cover it with Plastic Wrap, and poke like 4-6 holes in it with a tooth pick. Put like 3-4 of them around where the fruit flies are and they'll be gone in like a week.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Small sauce dish, fill it with Apple Cider Vinegar, cover it with Plastic Wrap, and poke like 4-6 holes in it with a tooth pick. Put like 3-4 of them around where the fruit flies are and they'll be gone in like a week.
Sounds similar to how we used to do it. Take an empty, like Aquafina water bottle. Pour a small amount of beer in the bottom. Drop a bite sized piece of bread in there. Put the cap back on. And then poke about 3 or 4 holes near the top with a prn or a screwdriver. They fly in to get to the beer and can't figure out how to fly out. I massacred fruit flies back in the day like this. I remember the bottom of the bottle being filled with so many flies, all you could see was thousands of shiny red dead eyeballs.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sounds similar to how we used to do it. Take an empty, like Aquafina water bottle. Pour a small amount of beer in the bottom. Drop a bite sized piece of bread in there. Put the cap back on. And then poke about 3 or 4 holes near the top with a prn or a screwdriver. They fly in to get to the beer and can't figure out how to fly out. I massacred fruit flies back in the day like this. I remember the bottom of the bottle being filled with so many flies, all you could see was thousands of shiny red dead eyeballs.
Yeah pretty much the same concept.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That sounds like the final season of Breaking Bad. I bet they were cooking Meth in that tarped house, not killing spiders.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
At work I have my desk next to a floor to ceiling window. I have a spider bro who made a nest next to the window and the balcony. He is pretty cool. He likes to jump out and eat other bugs and overall entertain me. I think he's eating another spider or something in the provided pic.

rrr_img_78682.jpg

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
Z4reLDfh.jpg

Used to be my spider bro, it'd setup in the bushes outside of my window the light from my room would attract bugs and it'd sit outside and make a web, get its fill and then tear down the web in the morning. Stuck around for a season but then disappeared. Farewell spiderbro
frown.png

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
My spiderbros are letting me down - as fall is coming we removed the mosquito net over the kid's bed, only to have her stung up like 10 times within two days.

Spiderbros taking a vacation it seems.