NBA 2012-13 Season Thread - Crown The Heat!

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Does anyone really want this guy? This is dumb. Can't wait to watch him brick free throws and laugh it off wherever he ends up. I was hoping for a trade to GS.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Lol how unlikable will he be if he goes to LA now. The fans will forever hate on him, moreso now, because of this move and not being a 'true' laker and then he'll add all of Texas to the list. This dude...

I hope Al Jefferson hasn't signed that contract yet

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--ro...000229089.html
How long is it going to take him to get from TX to PA

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
It's back on!

The following statement has been issued by Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak.

"We have been informed of Dwight's decision to not return to the Lakers."

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Houston wouldn't trade lin, they have a huge chinese market from yao and now lin.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
BREAKING NEWS: Dwight Howard now deciding between Rockets, Lakers, New England Patriots, Food Network, Olive Garden and the Chicago Blackhawks

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
I like the Lakers getting nothing for Dwight as much as I like the Rockets getting him

How does Chris Broussard have a job? The whole last second waffle seems completely made up now

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Yeah grats on that 4 seed. How long until McHale is fired and Dwight's bitching about Harden shooting too much?

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
do you know how good a 4 seed feels after being .500 for a decade

enjoy the lottery btw

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
do you know how good a 4 seed feels after being .500 for a decade

enjoy the lottery btw
I fear somehow Kobe wills them into the playoffs so we miss out on the Wiggins lottery :/

One can always hope!!! Enjoy your free throw watching contests. Between Harden and Dwight you'll probably need to set aside 4 hours to watch the games.

Jovec

?
enjoy the lottery btw
As a Laker fan I'd welcome the lottery. Lakers haven't had a high draft slot since 1979.

Howard can be a force if he shuts the fuck up and plays his role, both of which he will never do. He's simply not a number 1 option/star, but if he plays defense, rebounds, and is happy with whatever he manages to get on offense he's worth it. I just can't see it happening.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm not talking top 5 lottery here, you weirdos. I'm talking Houston Rockets level of NBA lottery, pick 12-14 is all yours

Jovec, history is against what you just said. As a "star" he took a team to the finals and had the Magic as one of the best teams in the East for a run. As a second option, he was terrible.

I'm not saying he's an alpha dog, kobe type of player to build around, but if he's your best player, you can probably win a championship, and if he's your second best player on some nights, you definitely can

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I fear somehow Kobe wills them into the playoffs so we miss out on the Wiggins lottery :/

One can always hope!!! Enjoy your free throw watching contests. Between Harden and Dwight you'll probably need to set aside 4 hours to watch the games.
Dude, chill out.

Jovec

?
Jovec, history is against what you just said. As a "star" he took a team to the finals and had the Magic as one of the best teams in the East for a run. As a second option, he was terrible.
This upcoming season will mark that finals trip 5 years in the past. Outside of the Celtics and Cavs it was still largely the Leastern conference in 2009, and Bynum outplayed him in 4 of the 5 finals games.

I just watched him all year. I know he was hurting, but he FT% is a killer and close-game liability (49% last two years), lack of a low post game (easily 4 or 5 centers have a better low post game than him), and he gets stripped in the post 2-4 times a game (averaged 3.0 TOs per game as a non-ball handler/playmaker). In none of these areas has he shown signs of improving.

I agree that you could win a championship with Howard as your second best player, but he has to accept the role of being the second best player and I don't think he can. What does he expect to happen in Houston, with Harden being the focal point of the offense instead of Kobe? Harden may defer (the limelight) to Howard off the court, but he can't do that on the court and Howard has to accept that. Harden and Howard can win, Harden, Howard, and Howard's fragile ego can't.

I'm not knocking Howard's decision. I think it's a better situation for him in Houston.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Howard leaves L.A. to join 3rd place in the west which means 6th or 7th in the league. American Inventor logic it escapes my white mind.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
A healthy Howard is the best center in the league and it isn't even close. Yeah he doesn't have a back down game nor can he shoot FTs but he's better defensively than anyone else in the discussion. Dude is a baby and I don't like him and if I was a Lakers fan I would be bitter as shit, but you roll the dice and do what you can to get a talent of his level. His back is the only real concern I'd have.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
I would've laughed at Howard if he chose anything but LAL or Houston. The dude isn't leaving 30m on the table though, the 5th year is invalid because it' something that can come later, and the tax difference is almost 2m a year per state, so I read the difference is really closer to 9m. I would've hated hard if waffled and went back to LAL but not if he just went back outright, because of the money and the cap space opening up next year. With Bynum being an injury prone and equally unstable mental dude as Howard, it's not even close who the best center in the league is and the Lakers had the 2nd best, and then the best players of that position in the league two years in a row and now have absolutely nothing to show for it but a hopeful free agency run at LBJ in '14. Not to rub salt in the wound or anything, but stubborn GMs refuse to read the writing on the wall sometimes.

Still though, 9m is a lot of money to leave behind because you want to win (or just leave LA). LAL was uncompromising with Mike D'Antoni and Howard was as well

I also think we're crowning the Thunder as a 2 seed a little early and can the Spurs really do it EVERY year? The Thunder showed they have absolutely no answer for any sort of inside presence, so if Smith does come over and pair up with D12, I don't see a reason why they're a shoe in to be the better team. The Thunder also lost Kevin Martin in Free Agency and last I checked Scott Brooks still likes playing Perkins. Throwing Smith and Parsons at Durant is a hell of a way to tire him out. When teams made the Thunder rely on Ibaka for any sort of offense he showed over and over again he wasn't ready for that.

And Drakurii, the 3rd best team in the West is the 4th best team in the league, at least until Rose proves he's back, so take your racist ass elsewhere.