NBA 2012-13 Season Thread - Crown The Heat!

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
If this rumored Asik for Ryan Anderson swap happens AND Dwight is healthy next year (thats a big if) I'd put them in the top tier in the west right there with OKC and LAC. Lin, Harden, Parsons, Anderson, D12. I have a hard time thinking of a better team built around Dwight than that.

Edit: I agree with a lot of what you're saying ham but you're leaving out the Clippers. Redick and Dudley is going to end up being a sneaky great offseason for them. Those are two excellent players to put next to CP3.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I also think we're crowning the Thunder as a 2 seed a little early and can the Spurs really do it EVERY year? The Thunder showed they have absolutely no answer for any sort of inside presence, so if Smith does come over and pair up with D12, I don't see a reason why they're a shoe in to be the better team. The Thunder also lost Kevin Martin in Free Agency and last I checked Scott Brooks still likes playing Perkins. Throwing Smith and Parsons at Durant is a hell of a way to tire him out. When teams made the Thunder rely on Ibaka for any sort of offense he showed over and over again he wasn't ready for that.

And Drakurii, the 3rd best team in the West is the 4th best team in the league, at least until Rose proves he's back, so take your racist ass elsewhere.
Rockets still have Beverley so they still have a shot.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
OKC still has the two best players in the matchup and Houston has nobody to guard either. Houston has a better supporting cast at the moment.

This is the first offseason where I am very frustrated with OKC management. They better find some quality role players because their 3rd best scoring threat just left with no replacement in sight unless Lamb or PJ3 makes the jump this season.

Beef

Silver Knight of the Realm
Ujiri leaving might be the worst thing to happen to the Nuggets ever. I haz a sad

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Guys, guys, season saved.

The Los Angeles Lakers have agreed to terms with free agent center Chris Kaman on a one-year deal, according to sources with knowledge of the deal.

Dwight who? lol.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Good luck with big Kaman - I hardly remember him last season in Dallas, haha. He's a fucking weirdo too.

Looks like Mavs are moving for Bynum... when I said 2 years ago that I thought Bynum was the best all-around big man in the NBA - I never thought 2 years later Dallas would be competing with Cleveland for his fucking cut-rate signature. What an awful 2 years for the Mavericks, both in free-agency and on the court. Good news though, Devin Harris is coming back!!11!!!11

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
He supposedly signed for the mini MLE which at like 2.5 mil isn't really bad. Kaman isn't very good but that certainly isn't a bad price.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
He's good enough to make sure the LAL hang onto that 32-35 win season and ruin their chances at a nicep ick

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Wolves about to bring back Corey Brewer at 5 mil a year. Kill me.

I can't believe Flip is letting AK walk. God damnit I hate everyone.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It is 6 million guaranteed total, for the whole contract. And the second year is a team option.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Not an abysmal contract, and it should help them make the playoffs.
He had one slightly above average season in Denver and 4 of utter shit in Minnesota. Dude is not a good player. The other Brewer, Ronnie, is still out there for probably a fifth of this price and heactuallyplays defense.

And it's not just Brewer. I get the signing. Theoretically he balances our roster in the direction it needed. But I watched the dude for 4 years here in MN. He's a chucker that bricks most of his shots and while he's high energy nothing about his stats ever backed up that he was any sort of defensive presence. Now the defense thing changed in Denver, but who knows. Maybe that's scheme maybe he finally figured it out. I'd bet on the former though.

The real issue here is paying Brewer 3/15 rather than AK 3/21. I don't think anyone could honestly look at those two guys contribution to the floor and say that Brewer is even on the same level. They needed a defensive wing and they had a really good one ready to resign. Instead they went out and got a player who has a track record of being shitty.

Flip has had a pretty fucking atrocious first month as our GM. I am not very excited about our future even though I do agree that adding K Mart to this team gives us an outside shot at the playoffs assuming the team stays healthy.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
ronney brewer is awful, broken arm fucked up his stroke. yeah he plays some defense but dude can't even be counted on to make a free throw.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
ronney brewer is awful, broken arm fucked up his stroke. yeah he plays some defense but dude can't even be counted on to make a free throw.
He is one of the best wing defenders in the league. He is definitely not an asset on offense but he isverygood defensively. There is more to winning basketball games than just scoring. And with Love/Pek/Martin and Barea/Buddinger/Shved/Williams I really don't think scoring is where we're going to have problems.

Also, everything you just stated applies just as much to Corey.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
This has been an awfully depressing summer for the Mavericks. Was looking at potential lineup for next season...... hasn't been this bad in well over a decade. At this point I wish we could trade Dirk for one season - tank, and try our hand at the Wiggins lottery next summer. Of course we'll end up 9th/10th in West, limping along and fuck around in free agency again next summer. The fall from grace in Dallas has been cruel & swift.