NBA 2012-13 Season Thread - Crown The Heat!

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
If Rondo is out, I don't see how Ainge doesn't trade off KG and Pierce before the deadline to contenders.

This was supposed to be their last hoorah and if Rondo is out they have no chance, time to start rebuilding.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Good win, not sure how Kobe can keep this up, it's gotta be exhausting doing everything. MWP would have been ejected if he pulled Durant down by his neck. NBA officiating still pure fucking garbage.

Durant 10-26, wonder if anyone will bitch about that. lol

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why is it that a shitty irrelevant team gets spammed about more in this thread than any other?

Worse than Cowboys in the NFL thread.

Titan_sl

shitlord
You guys clearly missed the important part of Rondo tearing his ACL.

Bill Simmons next QQ mailbag about Bernard Pollard, Celtics sucking, and spending all night with Trade machine just to end up with KG, Pierce, and Broken Rondo no matter what!

Edit: Btw, i love Grantland, and Simmons is a pretty funny writer, not knocking him!

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Toronto might win more games this year with that trade, but this reeks of Colangelo trying to save his job. Love this trade for Memphis (and I hate Memphis.)

Detroit? Good luck.

Spoony_sl

shitlord
As a Pistons fan, I have always liked Tayshaun Prince but I am glad to see him get traded to Memphis. We should have let him walk when he was a free agent 2 years ago, he just didnt have a place on this team anymore. Detroit should be 20 mil under the cap next year if we don't resign Calderon, so hopefully Joe D can work some magic.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Ok, just went and looked at the trade and here's my 2-minute reaction as a Raptors fan.

Meh.
I'm ok with losing Calderon because he's getting old. A starting lineup of Lowry, DeRozan, Gay, Bargnani, and Valanciunas actually looks pretty good on paper, as Gay is a big upgrade over Fields, but I don't think we can keep that together until Val gets enough experience to turn into the Top 5 Center he should become. I wish we could have kept Davis and got rid of DeRozan (since DeRozan makes horrible decisions and Davis was starting to perform well finally), but I guess they're ok with Val/Barg/Johnson as bigs?

Djay

Trakanon Raider
And then they get screwed at the end of their game tonight against the Hawks. :p Oh well, actually hoping they finish just out of the playoffs so they don't have that Lottery-guaranteed traded draft pick hanging over their heads next time they have a bad season.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Killer deal for Memphis. How much is left on the Prince contract? Can't be too long.

The fact that there are still GMs out there that would ship someone like Ed Davis for Rudy Gay just shows how ass backwards scouting departments can still be in the NBA. I get that Gaylookslike he should be an all star and that his PPG total looks impressive (until you realize he takes almost as may shots as he scores points), but Davis with more minutes is a low usage double/double guyright now! and is only 23! on a rookie contract! He's about as valuable as a player can be.

I agree that DeRozan is the guy they should have looked to trade, but after that contract extension that made no sense I'm not sure how much trade value he really has. I love the potential Terrence Ross has though and thought a Lowry/Ross/Davis/Jonas V core was pretty killer personally. Right now that team just has all its money tied up with Gay, DeRozan and Bargs. Makes little sense.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was sorta with you until you thought a Lowry/Ross/Davis/JonasV core was pretty killer

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Well not anytime soon obviously. Can you name a team with 4 young players with more potential than that group? Lowry is 26 and a top 10 (i'd say top 5 but you guys would take offense) PG already. Like I said above, give Davis 36 minutes and he's already a double/double guy at 23. Ross should turn into a two way player that at the very least is a deep threat and Jonas V has as much two way potential as any young big man that I can think of. I don't really see anything wrong with projecting all 4 of those guys to be good players considering two of them already are and the other two are top 10 picks both under the age of 22.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I honestly haven't watched as much Raptors basketball this year as I have in the past, but I've been very unimpressed with Ross. I watched them live in San Antonio and he made 2-3 REALLY boneheaded plays in that game. Last night, he couldn't seem to defend anyone on the Hawks.

I like him as a deep threat, but he seems a complete liability everywhere else right now. Obviously he's a rookie and he could improve his defense/learn from the boneheaded mistakes, but I'm not sold yet. I still want to see Bargnani after a full season at the 4, which is where he should have been his entire career. He's only played more than 66 games 3 times in his career (and not since 09/10), so the injury thing is a concern, but if he's the 3rd option now? His efficiency should go up.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I mean at this point Ross is all upside. His production as a rookie has been pretty awful, but its slowly improving. His first 20 or so games were just atrocious. I think you'll be hard pressed to find a rookie wing that entered the league and was a defensive presence from day one (MKG possibly being the only exception to this I can think of). It's just a different animal in the NBA. He was a good enough defender at Washington that I just think he figures it out.

I'm a big fan of his so I might be biased. My favorite players are always those ultra roleplayer 2/3s. Defender/outside shooters with smarts (latter part still up in the air on Terrence) so like what Ross projects to be, Courtney Lee and Eddie Jones back in the day (my favorite player ever). I know calling Fast Eddie a roleplayer is a bit of a stretch but still in that mold.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
The Thunder. Man that was hard.
Ibaka, Westbrook, Durant...and??? Thabeet?

Slightly different situation since those three players are all realized potential and two of them are in their prime. They have young players. And yes they will be good for a very long time. But Westbrook and Durant are probably about as good as they're going to get right now. Or at the very least there won't be massive improvement beyond their already elite play.