NBA 2012-13 Season Thread - Crown The Heat!

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I understood giving up Rondo to tank for Wiggins...but why would you want Dirk in return then? Unless they already have a 3rd team willing to give them some #1s for him. Anyway, Cuban isn't trading Dirk, so I'm guessing that's some sort of red herring.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Dirk comes off the books next summer, so maybe they just want the 20 mil expiring contract.

Dirk has no trade clause and Cuban isn't going to trade him no matter what anyways.

Pharazon

Silver Knight of the Realm
There's no way they want Dirk now. Whoever wrote that article is making shit up. Celtics have passed the point of no return, they need to lose to next season.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
The Rockets entered their dinner with Howard with the ability to offer him a four-year, $88 million contract after agreeing in principle to trade forward Thomas Robinson to Portland for two future second-round picks and the rights to two European players, a source confirmed to ESPN. Houston also waived veterans Aaron Brooks and Carlos Delfino earlier on Sunday to clear more salary cap space.

so much for that Robinson trade and feeling hopeful about finding someone to play the 4 long term for this team. I can't wait to see our future second rounders in action after Howard goes back to LAL

Hippos

you did get papanikolaou, who is basically a taller, younger carlos delfino. i imagine he only comes over this season if dwight doesn't sign in houston though.

can't really say portland won that deal because assuming aldridge stays in portland, robinson isn't going to get a whole lot of minutes there either. dude's career was torpedo'd the moment sacramento drafted him.

on another note, "sources" are definitely making this free agency period appear to be the most active in quite some time. hopefully donnie nelson can take his dick out of the dog and actually make some good decisions in dallas this offseason, but i'm not holding my breath.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
They did just get a verbal confirm on that Israeli PG whose the talk of the NBA, 3 years for the league minimum and it won't affect cap for Dwight.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Meh, can't even compare the pitches. They hardly made an effort with Deron because they didn't really want him, a PG isn't going to negate Dirk's weaknesses at this point of his career but Dwight can. So they'll pull out all the stops for him.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
The Rockets entered their dinner with Howard with the ability to offer him a four-year, $88 million contract after agreeing in principle to trade forward Thomas Robinson to Portland for two future second-round picks and the rights to two European players, a source confirmed to ESPN. Houston also waived veterans Aaron Brooks and Carlos Delfino earlier on Sunday to clear more salary cap space.

so much for that Robinson trade and feeling hopeful about finding someone to play the 4 long term for this team. I can't wait to see our future second rounders in action after Howard goes back to LAL
I like the Rockets chances in signing Howard.

http://www.thedreamshake.com/2013/6/...ning-coach-joe

taebin

Same trailer, different park
They hardly made an effort with Deron because they didn't really want him
Haha, bullshit. That's sour grapes. Everyone associated the Mavs really wanted him. It has worked out well for them in hindsight, but don't pretend that just because he opted to stay in NJ we didn't want him anyways.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Haha, bullshit. That's sour grapes. Everyone associated the Mavs really wanted him. It has worked out well for them in hindsight, but don't pretend that just because he opted to stay in NJ we didn't want him anyways.
Dude, Cuban and Dirk didn't even show up. Sure Deron would of been nice for post-Dirk, but Cuban cares more about giving Dirk the best chance to win another ring. They made an effort because they had to but they didn't go 100% in on it.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Is it crazy that I'd rather pay Bynum 10m a year than Dwight 18+?

Dwight has a bad back, and unskilled big men who rely on athleticism do not age well. At least with Bynum there's a chance he turns into himself, and you aren't paying him max money.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Is it crazy that I'd rather pay Bynum 10m a year than Dwight 18+?

Dwight has a bad back, and unskilled big men who rely on athleticism do not age well. At least with Bynum there's a chance he turns into himself, and you aren't paying him max money.
Yes, very crazy. Bynum's far more immature, more injury prone, and has less potential than Dwight. There's also going to be a team out there that will offer him a max contract, so I can't see him signing for $10mil a year

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bynum definitely getting more than 10m.

The dude is also a big ass guy who has constant knee problems, you may as well lock up Greg Oden to a 7 year deal it seems

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would definitely take Bynum for 10 over D12 for max. If I was a team without strong leadership and/or coaching, I wouldn't touch either though.

Pharazon

Warriors in the mix for Dwight, I likey. Bogut + either Klay or Barnes in a S&T would be the deal to Lakers. I'd much prefer to give up Klay if it comes down to that. If Bogut's foot wasn't giving him an air of Yao Ming, I'd be fine running with him and the squad we basically had this past season. But since his foot seems to be much more of an issue than Howard's back, I'd swap him and Thompson for Dwight.

If it doesn't work out... and it probably won't... oh well. I can keep praying Bogut's foot stays in one piece. for next year's playoffs at least.