NBA 2013?14 Season

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I just...don't see Camelo ever winning a championship unless he changes his game. As cool as it sounds to add a big name...how does he fit there? He would need to significantly improve on the defensive end to fit into their scheme and learn how to play off the ball and become a jump-shooter because he would only hurt them trying to play his Iso game. Other, less expensive players would fit in much easier.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The nice thing about Melo, at least offensively, is that he is really good in the post when he wants to be. That's something they don't really have outside of Lebron.

But yeah, being a defensive stalwart? Seems like a stretch. Overall, one would think better fits could be found.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Also, it kills me how so many fans will complain about their superstars not being willing to take less money to bring in better players, but as soon as some team does that, then they derogatorily call it buying a championship.

Sports fandom is on par with politics.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I can't see Melo taking less to be 3rd fiddle on the Heat. He'll never be their #1 and has to wait for Wade to retire before he'd even be #2. Even if he won a couple titles there, his endorsements would be significantly less than if he was the alpha in NY or LA. He'd also be building more of a legacy for Lebron than himself.

I just don't see why Melo would even consider it.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
This Spurs team is ridiculous. I love watching this team play. It's the most entertaining basketball I can remember.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
No surprise Dallas was by far San Antonio's toughest out this year. 2015 NBA champs sucka's!!!!

Seriously though - this is fucking sad.

sticktastic_sl

shitlord
I can't see Melo taking less to be 3rd fiddle on the Heat. He'll never be their #1 and has to wait for Wade to retire before he'd even be #2. Even if he won a couple titles there, his endorsements would be significantly less than if he was the alpha in NY or LA. He'd also be building more of a legacy for Lebron than himself.

I just don't see why Melo would even consider it.
Because he is the loser of draft class 2003. He probably wants to change that.