NBA 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good deal. MCW really sucks he just shoots a ton and makes it look like he's better than he is.

Pretty shocked at the Bucks giving away Knight though. He's having one hell of a year. Maybe they thought they would have troubles signing him or something.
I figured we'd be letting him go at some point. Hopefully we land Mudai and lakers fall 6th with pick and we get lucky and land Johnson.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Hell of a job by the Heat in getting Dragic, imo (though I haven't yet seen what they gave up). I imagine they'll have a decent chance of resigning him.

I don't understand giving up Knight, though. Maybe Kidd wanted to be reminded of himself by getting a poor shooting point guard.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Hell of a job by the Heat in getting Dragic, imo (though I haven't yet seen what they gave up). I imagine they'll have a decent chance of resigning him.

I don't understand giving up Knight, though. Maybe Kidd wanted to be reminded of himself by getting a poor shooting point guard.
Shawne Williams, Norris Cole, Justin Hamilton, Danny Granger, and 2 First round picks is what I saw, but can't confirm.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm

Knight is a FA after this season and probably looking to get paid, MCW is only in the 2nd year of his 4 year rookie deal at ~3mil/year. MCW fits the Bucks height/length mold too.

DickTrickle

Shawne Williams, Norris Cole, Justin Hamilton, Danny Granger, and 2 First round picks is what I saw, but can't confirm.
Two is a bit much. All those guys and a first round would have been great. Riley must think the current nucleus can seriously compete.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
He's having a career year. Granted, I haven't seen many Suns games this year, but I remember when he backed up Nash and I thought he was impressive even then.

Still seems like a lot to give up. Is he playing more #2 this year?

DickTrickle

Dragic had his career last year (All NBA 3rd team) but he was getting squeezed out by Bledsoe and Thomas even though it seems like Dragic was the best of the three. Was just an odd situation.

He has been playing more off the ball but that's not his strength. I think Thomas was a good financial deal but didn't make sense within the context of the team at the time, imo.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
The Thomas signing was bewildering at the time even. He's like a poor man's Allen Iverson...he can be fun to watch, but not on a team with two other point guards.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Dragic will be great in Miami. Gives them a chance to make a run with Wade and Bosh for the next three years, and Riley won't be around for those two first rounders anyway so what does he care?

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Rondo looks like trash. I can't decide which I want to happen more - he walks and they just threw away assets. Or they overpay him and he is there long term on a terrible contract.

Just as long as he doesn't turn it around and sign for cheap.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Knight is a FA after this season and probably looking to get paid, MCW is only in the 2nd year of his 4 year rookie deal at ~3mil/year. MCW fits the Bucks height/length mold too.
Yeah the contract has to be the biggest reason for the deal. MCW just isn't very good. I don't care how long he is.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah the contract has to be the biggest reason for the deal. MCW just isn't very good. I don't care how long he is.
He's not as bad as you're makikng him out to be. Had he not been hurt in the offseason and been able to work on his shot,I'm not so sure he would be traded today.

From a sixers standpoint he's a 24 year old PG that is still a work in progress. They appear to rather roll the dice in draft.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
If he learns to shoot he can be an OK player but right now he's a guy that chucks up 15 shots a game and shoots 40%. He reminds me of Livingston except he came into the league at 23 instead of 18 and doesn't have the same playmaking ability. Livingston has never been a plus offensive player, but he learned to contribute by playing defense and not taking shots (since he couldn't make them).

Right now, MCW is a player shouldn't even be on the court (if you're trying to win). So yes, he is awful. And no, I'm not exaggerating. The only above average skill he has right now is rebounding.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
He's the classic example of someone who is a playmaker but not a floor general. You take the good with the bad with him.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Chris Bosh could miss the rest of the season due to blood clots found in his lungs.

Could not have happened to a nicer guy. I hope he gets healthy and comes back strong next year.
frown.png

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Isn't MCW is pretty good distributor?
Games where he is amazing. Let's rememeber the team we have in philly lol. He's a young player that has been improving. I think he has a high ceiling with the right coaching. Kidd is a good person for him to be around.