NBA 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ranked amongst pgs, Knight is 17th in TS%. MCW is 67th. (.543 and .462) MCW really needs to learn to shoot from 3 this off season.
He definitely has work to do. I'm not denying that. He lost last offseason which set him back with his shot. I just don't see him as a mere bench player. I think he can be a quality PG in the NBA and he's on a good team to become that with the right coach. Like we said earlier, wait and see.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Lasch kind of points this out but efficiency comes in a few different ways but the most efficient scorers make 3s at a decent percentage (above 30%) and get to the free throw line. So a real high volume scorer like Kobe can shoot 45% from the field but because he's also shooting 10 free throws ends up relatively efficient in comparison to a lot of players in the league that are not doing one of those two things.

Here's guards that play > 30 MPG sorted by TS%.

Player Season Finder | Basketball-Reference.com

And you can see just how low on the list MCW is.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Hah, they just asked Lebron who his MVP would be and he said Kevin Love with a shit eating grin(after Love had said Westbrook a couple of weeks ago). I wonder if there's real animosity there or not.

Pharazon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Hah, they just asked Lebron who his MVP would be and he said Kevin Love with a shit eating grin(after Love had said Westbrook a couple of weeks ago). I wonder if there's real animosity there or not.
Lol @ trading Wiggins for Love and Love leaving the next year. It's a done deal imo.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
In a nutshell.

CkhbX4K.jpg

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Lol @ trading Wiggins for Love and Love leaving the next year. It's a done deal imo.
It's better than that. Top pick 3 of 4 years and they basically got an undersized shooting guard (Kyrie) and Lebron post age 30 with tons of mileage to show for it. Fuck Cleveland. God truly hates that city

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
It's better than that. Top pick 3 of 4 years and they basically got an undersized shooting guard (Kyrie) and Lebron post age 30 with tons of mileage to show for it. Fuck Cleveland. God truly hates that city
Yes, but they're gonna make the finals and either play a GSW team that hasn't ever won shit or a Spurs team that has gone through a war. One injury and the might get a title. That's worth anything for Cleveland. If Kawhi gets hurt Lebron can maybe beat a tired Spurs team by himself.

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
Having watched a good amount of Cavs games this season I really think there is. You can really see it in their body language. I honestly don't think their relationship is so bad where Love will want to leave though. I hope so at least.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is it fair to assume Westbrook will not be MVP by virtue of his team not making it to the playoffs?
Even if they had made the 8th seed he wouldn't of won. They didnt win enough down the stretch. Kinda glad they are out, lottery and no pointless miles on Westbrook.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How can any basketball fan think anyone other than Curry gets it? This whole back and forth has confused me..He's such an obvious choice

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
How can any basketball fan think anyone other than Curry gets it? This whole back and forth has confused me..He's such an obvious choice
I think Curry should win, but I wouldn't say it's obvious nor imply those who think Harden could win are ignorant or something. That's just not classy in what I believe was a close race. Now, Westbrook on the other hand.... if you think Westbrook should win MVP please only watch soccer from now on.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Honestly, it became less and less obvious over the last couple months of the season when Harden really turned it on. I posted this same thing a few days ago, but there are 6 guys that put up legitimate MVP quality seasons this year. In any other year, without so much competition for the award, any one of them would be deserving.

I think Curry is the guy, but there are legit arguments for Harden. If you read that Zach Lowe article a few posts up it gives some really interesting points. A big one is that Curry just didn't have to play any crunch time minutes this year. The Warriors were blowing out teams all year long. There were far less minutes of Curry having to put the team on his back, which Harden had to do night in and night out. Statistically they both put up fantastic seasons. Harden took what would have been a pretty mediocre team and made them good. Curry took a good team and with the help of Kerr made them great. That isn't easy.

My vote is still for Curry for consistency but it'll go to one of these two guys and it won't be any giant controversy if Harden wins it.