NBA 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Curry broke his own made-3s-in-a-season record last night to go with a 45 point, 10 assist night. 74% shooting. Ridiculous!

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
So a question to you dudes in the Curry/Harden debate. I don't really have an answer to it but...

In the context of Harden making his team better, would you agree that Curry takes a good team and made them elite? While Harden took what would probably be a pretty mediocre to bad team and made them good? Isn't that a similar jump between the two of them considering just how difficult it is to make that bridge from good to elite?

We obviously have to see how the Warriors do in the playoffs, but it's safe to call them contenders. I also think it's very safe to say they wouldn't be at that spot without Steph. The Rockets are a good team but I don't really think they have legit title considerations unless Dwight would go on the type of defensive tear I don't think he's capable of anymore.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
It's funny how many people still aren't picking the Spurs to win the title. If you've watched them at all the last three weeks I don't see how you could think they are losing four out of seven games to anyone. Fucking basketball terminators sent from the future.

Brow vs Steph is going to be so much fun. So ready for the playoffs.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
It's funny how many people still aren't picking the Spurs to win the title. If you've watched them at all the last three weeks I don't see how you could think they are losing four out of seven games to anyone. Fucking basketball terminators sent from the future.
They've lost like...four of their last 25. I hate them so much.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>

Brow vs Steph is going to be so much fun. So ready for the playoffs.
Yeah I gotcha for sure. I just wouldn't call them heavy favorites. This isn't a year like LeBron in Miami or Shaq and Kobe or the big 3 in Boston. I'm more excited for these playoffs than I think I have ever been. Every series looks like it's going to be fun.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
MCW potty smacked my sixers last night. He's improved his game. I guess playing for Kidd doesn't hurt. Bucks fans still hating on him??

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Yeah...really, the only team that would surprise me coming out of the West is the Pelicans/Thunder. Any of the other 7 teams would be a convincing Finals team. There are only 3-4 possible teams that could come out of the East to be sacrifices to the basketball gods in the Finals.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
MCW potty smacked my sixers last night. He's improved his game. I guess playing for Kidd doesn't hurt. Bucks fans still hating on him??
He's been on a tear the past 7 games or so, but that's really too small of a sample to say he's turned things around and the only real difference in those games compared to anything from his past is he's shooting the lights out. MCW will always be a stat stuffer and a good defensive player, but I have a hard time thinking a guy thats shot sub 40% through 170 games is suddenly going to jump near 50% for the rest of his career.

That's always going to be the one knock on him. If he would stop taking bad shots he could be a very solid contributor probably off the bench. If he could learn to take good shots, he could be a plus starter in the league, but at almost 24 he doesn't really have a whole ton of growth left in him.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He's been on a tear the past 7 games or so, but that's really too small of a sample to say he's turned things around and the only real difference in those games compared to anything from his past is he's shooting the lights out. MCW will always be a stat stuffer and a good defensive player, but I have a hard time thinking a guy thats shot sub 40% through 170 games is suddenly going to jump near 50% for the rest of his career.

That's always going to be the one knock on him. If he would stop taking bad shots he could be a very solid contributor probably off the bench. If he could learn to take good shots, he could be a plus starter in the league, but at almost 24 he doesn't really have a whole ton of growth left in him.
He has developed a low post shot. He killed us with it last night. That's a matchup nightmare considering his size and the typical size of someone defending him. He's a legit starter and I can already see how much he has improved in just a short amount of time under Kidd.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
He has developed a low post shot. He killed us with it last night. That's a matchup nightmare considering his size and the typical size of someone defending him. He's a legit starter and I can already see how much he has improved in just a short amount of time under Kidd.
Well you're eyes are completely lying to you. In 24 games under Kidd he's shooting 43%. Again, it's been 7 games against Boston, both New York teams, your 6ers and Orlando (and then Cleveland and Chi). He's not a "legit starter". He pretty actively helps his teams lose whenever he plays.

Meaningless games against lottery teams at the end of the season.

But you're right I'm probably incorrect here. Can't wait to see his late season heroics translate to all of next year.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ugh. He's improving...so yes...Let's wait and see how he is this time next year. Better yet, how he performs in the playoffs.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Btw.. Where should he be in your opinion on shooting %? 50% is a pretty high number.. I don't feel like looking it up but i doubt there are many, if any PGs that avg 50%. My guess is 43% isn't that far off from the majority of the PGs in the league.

Edit...Heh. Knight was 43% before he was traded. That was his best. He was 35% after trade.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Ranked amongst pgs, Knight is 17th in TS%. MCW is 67th. (.543 and .462) MCW really needs to learn to shoot from 3 this off season.