NBA 2014 Off-Season Thread

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Considering this last finals was basically Lebron + 11 other guys vs Spurs, it's not really a surprise. Wade's knees are a huge problem going forward, that shit just doesn't magically go away and I have to imagine the last four years of doing regular season PLUS all four possible playoff series has taken its toll. Don't know what happened to Bosh. Rest of the team doesn't really inspire confidence that they can keep going at a high level. Riley is going to have to make a hell of a pitch to keep Lebron around but I don't see where he could possibly go.
I'm not saying this is the reality of the situation, but LeBron could be 100% committed to returning to Miami next year an he still would have exercised the early termination.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
No way I'd re-sign with Miami unless Wade takes a significant paycut so they can bring in some real talent. Lebron makes any team (especially in the Eastern Conference) an automatic title contender, but this team has reached its ceiling if they keep Wade. Bosh was getting almost no touches in the Finals, but he's still necessary to make their team work the way it does. I don't see Wade taking less money or Riley cutting the cord, so Lebronshouldleave.

Specifically, he should take his talents to T-dot.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
No way I'd re-sign with Miami unless Wade takes a significant paycut so they can bring in some real talent. Lebron makes any team (especially in the Eastern Conference) an automatic title contender, but this team has reached its ceiling if they keep Wade. Bosh was getting almost no touches in the Finals, but he's still necessary to make their team work the way it does. I don't see Wade taking less money or Riley cutting the cord, so Lebronshouldleave.

Specifically, he should take his talents to T-dot.
I think the far more likely scenario here is Lowry heading to Miami.

Pharazon

Silver Knight of the Realm
There were some reports already last week that Wade is willing to renegotiate at a discount. Haven't heard much on it since though.

Szlia

Realistically, where would James go if not in Miami? What team would both boost his chances to win and be able to pay him max?

Djay

Trakanon Raider
There was an article I read on it earlier. Basically, Houston could after trading away Lin/Asik. Lakers if they trade away Nash (and bring in Carmello/another top player in this case). Clippers, but they'd have to part with Jordan and a few other key people. So, Howard/Harden, Kobe/Carmello, or Paul/Griffin. Atlanta could sign both him and Carmello, as well as a few other teams that aren't worth mentioning because you mentioned boosting his chances to win.

Lebron is really close with Chris Paul...and just from a role standpoint, that would be the best fit of the three. Cavs would be a good spot, actually, and it helps repair his image...not sure who they'd have to give up to pay him the max, though.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Getting to the finals out of the East isn't impressive. Not suggesting LeBron isn't amazing and the best player alive, but that should matter when we end up ranking him among the best ever.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Getting to the finals out of the East isn't impressive. Not suggesting LeBron isn't amazing and the best player alive, but that should matter when we end up ranking him among the best ever.
Not impressive is definitely the term I would use as well.

In 2012 the Heat were 25 and 5 against the western conference in the regular season. That's a higher winning percentage than they were against the west.

Now, that doesn't really matter and I certainly won't argue that the playoff path in the east hasn't been easier than the west, but at the same time don't pretend like those two championship teams didn't steamroll their opposition regardless of who it was.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Well... the NBA made more that just suggest that this season considering Durant is the MVP.
If you want to make the argument that Durant was better this season that is certainly a valid argument, but LeBron has played at that level for 7 seasons, and absolutely elite for the three prior to that. It isn't really a fair comparison.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The Heat vs the West in 2012 isn't really the issue. It's the rest of the East being terrible.

Last year the Heat had a 20-10 record against the West, the best in the Eastern conference. 9 teams in the West had the same or better against the East.