NBA 2014 Off-Season Thread

Hershey_sl

shitlord
If the heat replace Chalmers with Stephenson, they will be top notch.

Stephenson will lose them ~6-8 games, cause he thinks he's better than he is. But fuck, do they need somebody to blow in someones ear. They all sissies.

Or since Rondo is becoming a free agent next year, unless he does something with Boston this year, the heat move Lebron in a worst case scenario and keep all their insanely good spot up shooters with Rondo. Wade, with his knees, can't handle the dribbling into the lane all game. But IIRC his shooting % was near the top for the whole league. Imagine, the best passer in the game setting Wade up. Not even mentioning Ray Allen (again), Bosh, Cole etc etc. But this can't happen cus am Boston fan and if Rondo played for the heat would throw up every where.

Hershey_sl

shitlord
O and does Celtics drafting Smart mean Rondo is gone to anyone.

IMO means Celtics replacing Smart with Pressey and Bradley if Bradley wants more than he's worth, still. If not would sub in for Rondo when he needs 2, but mostly for Bradley at the 2. He sucks at shooting, but shooting is one of the easier things to improve.

But if Boston can trade Pierce, Rondo is literally nothing to them. Probably why they're one of the top franchises, cause they make the right moves, instead of giving Pierce a 48.5 mil contract over 2 years. (Lakers.)

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Celtics will keep Rondo and start him until he proves he's healthy and can perform. As soon as he puts a string of good games together, they'll try to trade him while his value is high. Or at the deadline if nothing materializes before then.

Wade has a high 2pt FG%, but they're not jumpers and rarely come off of assists. He pretty much always creates his own shot to score (if you also consider the refs bailing you out by sending you to the free-throw line as creating your own shot). I'm not saying a Rondo/Wade combination couldn't work, but it wouldn't be a drive, dish, and pop type of scenario.

I'd look for Rondo to end up in Houston or L.A. most likely, but not until December or January.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Thunder pulling out all the stops to pick up Pau

If we can get him and Mike Miller

rrr_img_70543.jpg

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Then you'll have two more people that Westbrook isn't passing the ball to enough?

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Edit: Totally read your post wrong.

Really wish the Thunder would bring in a coach with a stronger hand to control Westbrook.

HeyForn_sl

shitlord
Miller would be nice for OKC since they lost Thabo today. On the fence about Gasol in OKC, is he starting over Perkins? Is he coming off the bench for Serge? It's definitely a good problem to have I suppose.

On a Dallas note, Dirk continues to cement his legacy as one of the best teammates and loyal players to ever play in the NBA. Need to have Melo make up his mind so we can chase Deng or Parsons and hopefully get a better PG.

Szlia

My man Thabo is going to the Atlanta Hawks? They went 7 games against the Pacers so they must do some things right...

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Miller would be nice for OKC since they lost Thabo today. On the fence about Gasol in OKC, is he starting over Perkins? Is he coming off the bench for Serge? It's definitely a good problem to have I suppose.
Thabo played like dogshit most of last season and was benched in the playoffs. I wanted Mike Miller last year, but Presti passed and we had to watch throw down daggers on us when we played Memphis in the playoffs. If the Thunder picked up Pau then he would share the court with Ibaka for more offense in the starting lineup and would be spelled by heavy doses of Adams off the bench for defensive stands. I, for one, would love to see that.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Thabo played like dogshit most of last season and was benched in the playoffs. I wanted Mike Miller last year, but Presti passed and we had to watch throw down daggers on us when we played Memphis in the playoffs. If the Thunder picked up Pau then he would share the court with Ibaka for more offense in the starting lineup and would be spelled by heavy doses of Adams off the bench for defensive stands. I, for one, would love to see that.
Pau is declining but he's still a decent two way player and definitely improves the Thunder in the short term. He's also better down on the block and while having pretty decent range, always played best in LA when Bynum would go down with injury.

The problem with me is how smart Presti has been with pretty much 100% of his acquisitions (except Perkins, although Green sucks too so kind of a wash) and how dumb this contract might look in three years. I really have no clue what type of contract Pau is looking for, and it's not going to be anywhere close to the max he can be paid, but at 33 and with two championships already, he has to be looking at one last big pay day and do the Thunder really need 12 mil in cap sitting with a 36 year old Pau down the line?

I'm not sure I buy this being very likely. In all honesty, all the Thunder have to do right now is just wait out the Spurs and they'll get their championships.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Pau is declining but he's still a decent two way player and definitely improves the Thunder in the short term. He's also better down on the block and while having pretty decent range, always played best in LA when Bynum would go down with injury.

The problem with me is how smart Presti has been with pretty much 100% of his acquisitions (except Perkins, although Green sucks too so kind of a wash) and how dumb this contract might look in three years. I really have no clue what type of contract Pau is looking for, and it's not going to be anywhere close to the max he can be paid, but at 33 and with two championships already, he has to be looking at one last big pay day and do the Thunder really need 12 mil in cap sitting with a 36 year old Pau down the line?

I'm not sure I buy this being very likely. In all honesty, all the Thunder have to do right now is just wait out the Spurs and they'll get their championships.
The problem with waiting out SA (and Heat imo) is making sure KD sticks around for the next contract. And possibly Westbrook's now gimp knee eroding his career faster than expected.

I don't think Pau would be willing to play in OKC, even if they managed to get an agreement with LA to do a sign and trade with Perk and stuff for a ~10 mil a year contract.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Mavs re-sign Devin Harris for 3 years-9 million, great deal when you look at what guys like Shaun Livingston got.