NBA 2015-2016 Season thread

joz123

Potato del Grande
I don't think they know what offense or rebound means. Hopefully they tank to the bottom this year instead of winning a few games.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Zach Lavine at PG should never happen but they keep trying to do it despite it being a catastrophe. There is zero ball movement out there when he is at PG.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Mudiay and Okafor look amazing, even if Mudiay turned it over approximately 17 times. Porzingis wasn't bad either. This rookie class might be really, really good.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Zach Lavine at PG should never happen but they keep trying to do it despite it being a catastrophe. There is zero ball movement out there when he is at PG.
It is very bad it has always been really bad. With his poor judgement and atrocious defense we're essentially conceding the game when he plays PG.

But Towns looks like a baller as expected.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Fuck Deandre Jordan fan club president is here!

When did Rubio decide to play like Tony Parker, Jesus. Also Wiggins, get fucking aggressive, you have so much talent!

Zzen

Potato del Grande
I thought the Lakers being terrible would be more enjoyable. I kind of just want Kobe to go away at this point.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Haha I was listening the pregame and they talked about how Kobe indicated that his plans are to play measured minutes and take fewer shots. More jump shooting (yay chuck up 19 footers). Goes 8 for 24 and takes about half a dozen shots in the first 6 minutes. 3 for 13 from three. All in 29 minutes. Loooooong season Laker fans.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I thought the Lakers being terrible would be more enjoyable. I kind of just want Kobe to go away at this point.
I find the lakers comically bad to watch, though I happen to secretly be a timberwolves fan. Grew up watching my twolves suck. I went to probably 100 of their games when I lived in minnesota.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Al Horford, long range gunner, is now apparently a thing.

Porzingis looks like a newborn colt.

Sasha Vujevic is playing meaningful minutes for an NBA team in 2015.

Melo: still dogshit.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Knicks and Lakers are the same team. Both trying to build around a washed up all-star and doing horribly because of it.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Knicks and Lakers are the same team. Both trying to build around a washed up all-star and doing horribly because of it.
Just to be clear, this isn't really true at all. The Lakers are rebuilding. Kobe being there doesn't impact that whatsoever. He's on the last year of an extension he signed two years ago. Two years ago the Lakers had just traded for Nash and Dwight and had championship aspirations. Today it doesn't matter that they're paying Kobe 30 million or that they signed Hibbert to a one year 15 mil deal. They have one key piece in Russell and a big question mark in Randle and an ok roleplayer in Clarkson, but otherwise that roster is absolute dog shit. They're letting Kobe play out his contract but I can promise you no one in that front office thinks this team is actually going anywhere this year.

Now the Knicks? I don't know. Maybe. Porzi wasn't the draft pick from a team looking to win right now. My guess is Phil's eyes are looking past Melo as well.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I'd definitely put Clarkson above "ok" roleplayer
In what context? That he might one day get to that? Ok, maybe, but let's not go overboard here. Guy was a 2nd round pick and played on an awful team. He's a matador on defense and on the other side of the ball he doesn't do anything but score (he is ok at this). What am I missing?

Either way, this isn't the type of guy a rebuilding team cares about. Your winning core isn't going to be Russell, Randle and Clarkson. I could see the Lakers overpaying him though.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
As a starter Clarkson was averaging 15 points, 4.7 assists, and 4.2 rebounds. Made the all-rookie team as the 46th pick despite not playing much until later in the year. I'd say that's more than role player status. He outplayed Wiggins if you ask me and would have won rookie of the year had he played the entire year.

He's certainly better than Russell at this point. Randle is going to be a beast, I'm not worried about him at all.

I'm more worried about Russell being a bust at this point but he's 19 and is going to need some time to grow.

Kobe had little to do with that opening night loss. Yeah, he wasn't good in the 2nd half, but the Lakers had a 16 point lead until Byron Scott decided to run Brandon Bass at center in the middle of the 3rd quarter. Then after watching the lead dwindle because we sent Kevin Martin to the line 500 times on touch fouls, instead of doing anything about it during the one timeout he called, he fucking put that exact same lineup back out there and let them start the 4th as well.

He ran that same lineup all preseason and it never worked. It worked in the first half because Lou and Nick hit some ridiculous 3 point shots. Zero defense small ball lineup with a 16 point lead, just genius level shit.

Scott is the worst coach in the NBA and it's not really close. How he managed to get another job after his Cavs stint I'll never know.