NBA 2015 Playoffs Thread

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Russell is an awesome get. I'm not sure he's absolutely a PG next level but someone that you definitely want to have the ball a lot, so it makes a ton of sense to have sold high on MCW since he only really has an impact offensively with the ball in his hands.Sometimesguards don't translate quite like we think they will, but this guy has a chance to be really good. It also gives you a lot of flex for the type of guy you put next to him. Something like Beverley in Houston. 3 and D guard essentially.

Ford likes to call the Wolves the best young core in the NBA and while Ilikeour core (especially with Towns), I'd take your Sixers, Jazz, Magic and Bucks as teams with better "young cores" than we have. All of those teams are run by smarter front offices too.

You're in a good spot though. Russell/Saric/Noel/Embiid plus the draft picks still to come is a hell of a young group to build around. The only issue you'll run into is what happens when Noel never develops a jumper. Can he and Embiid coexist? If his foot isn't a constant issue, I think Embiid is going to be really good. Worst case you have a blue chip trade asset in Noel under that scenario. Ideally Noel learns a 16 footer and three years from now you have the most imposing frontcourt in the league.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm talking about keeping 3 and trying to obtain another pick between 4-8 Incase I wasn't clear. Definitely want one of those PGs at 3. Leaning toward Russell after reading up and just thinking about what fits us best. I just think it's worth consideration to try and grab another player this year to fill out our starting 5. I think super Mario might be a really good choice and someone we could possibly grab if he falls a bit.

I love the sixers and what they are doing. I always tell people here they are slowly becoming the Phillies right before they got good and won the WS. Now is the time to get on board.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Who are you packaging with a pick from next year to move into 4-8 this year? This is widely considered one of the deepest drafts we've had in a long time. I'm not saying it isn't possible, just wondering how it happens because it's not like a team is going to flip that Lakers pick for the 7th pick this year when players like Winslow/Johnson/Oubre/Turner will be there at that spot.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's what I'm curious about. We have 4 potential 1st rounders next year and a lot of 2s. It would take some work for sure. I don't even know what the cost for that kind of move would be.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I don't follow college and high school, so I can't comment on the strengths of drafts, but like I said before...you don't want to give up 2-3 of those picks to try to get a 4-8 and then have one of those picks end up being #1 next year. I don't know which team 4-8 would be willing to forgo a pick this year anyway. That would destroy the fanbase of whichever team did that, especially if what you're saying about the strength of this draft is true.

skrala

Silver Knight of the Realm
I don't think any of them besides the Sixers own pick could be a #1 though, if I remember correctly. Lakers pick is top 3 protected, Miami is top 10, and I'm reasonably sure the Thunder pick is also protected.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Correct.

I just really like this guy and if you pair him with Russell, they would be deadly. He fits our nobody under 6'5 system too. I'm probably just in fantasy land thinking we have a chance getting him as well.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Pucks out of the top 5 have almost no value when it comes to getting picks inside the top 5. No one cares about getting a rotational player when they feel they can get a franchise guy.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Pucks out of the top 5 have almost no value when it comes to getting picks inside the top 5. No one cares about getting a rotational player when they feel they can get a franchise guy.
stephen-curry1-e1351754311576.jpeg

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I never said picks outside the top 5 are worthless, just that teams won't give up a real asset for one unless it's going to be a potential high pick. Guys get picked in the second round and make it too but that doesn't mean 14 seconds will get you a top 5 pick.

Anyway, the Hawks look good but Lebron is Godzilla. Still feeling the Hawks in the series but Lebron is 100% capable of just winning this series by himself.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
This feels like fools gold for Cleveland. If JR shoots these shots the rest of the series that's good for Atlanta, he's just unconscious at the moment.

Leadaas

Dindu Nuffin
I'm worried about Kyrie. That knee buckled on the last drive before they rushed him out. Cavs are gonna make the finals and have four guys plus Ty Lue suiting up.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Lebron is a fucking basketball machine. The second they switch Millsap onto him he immediately ISOs 4 possessions in a row and gets 6 points and a foul.