NBA 2015 Playoffs Thread

Four or more for real consideration. Hard to get over losing three to four finals regardless off your supporting cast when stacked against someone who never lost a finals appearance.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Comparing Kobe to LeBron in a favorable light is taboo on this board blitz. I'm sure slaythe, Gilg, and company will be along to slay you with data and loud opinions shortly.

Anyway, as a player in their primes I much prefer Kobe to bron bron
Mostly because he was MJ light.
If Lebron cared as much as Kobe about winning he'd have a fist full of championships and all with the Cavs. Lebron is one of the best individual players of all time and a beast to watch, but he just doesn't have that desperate need to win. He never needed it. He could show up, be better than everyone, be treated like royalty, and win or lose be told he was the greatest of all time.

So no doubt I consider Lebron to be the better individual talent than Kobe, and he's right when he proclaims in press conferences to be the best in the world. And still I'd take Kobe over Lebron every time while building a team and down the stretch of any game that mattered.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Fuck me Shumpert should be nowhere near ANY NBA teams starting 5. That mother fucker should be playing ball in Latvia with Brian boddicker.

Badabidi_sl

shitlord
If Lebron cared as much as Kobe about winning he'd have a fist full of championships and all with the Cavs. Lebron is one of the best individual players of all time and a beast to watch, but he just doesn't have that desperate need to win. He never needed it. He could show up, be better than everyone, be treated like royalty, and win or lose be told he was the greatest of all time.

So no doubt I consider Lebron to be the better individual talent than Kobe, and he's right when he proclaims in press conferences to be the best in the world. And still I'd take Kobe over Lebron every time while building a team and down the stretch of any game that mattered.
Kobe's contract has definitely kept the Lakers in contention the past few years. Good call man.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Chumpert needs to go to the D league. Dude is horrible and looks like he doesn't even know the basics.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Comparing Kobe to LeBron in a favorable light is taboo on this board blitz. I'm sure slaythe, Gilg, and company will be along to slay you with data and loud opinions shortly.

Anyway, as a player in their primes I much prefer Kobe to bron bron
Mostly because he was MJ light.
Statistically it's not an argument that can be made. Not by overall performance. Not by clutch statistics. Not by playoff clutch statistics. We've all just seen Kobe on the most popular team of the 00s win 5 championships. There is just a ton of attention around him and any big shots he's made.

The only thing Kobe has is more rings and there's some validity to that, but you certainly have to do look at the teams he played on.

It's not that you can't hold the opinion that Kobe is better. You're just wrong.

I'm heavily in the rings trump all camp as any good bulls fan should be. Great numbers are the icing on the cake for me when you need to go beyond the trophies. A contender for best ever cannot have double the championship losses as he does wins.

Edit:

Bron bron doesn't quite have that inglorious stat yet.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Ugh, JR Smith was such a horrible acquisition. They need to find a way to dump everyone but Love, Irving, James, and Mozzy. Basically what they have been playing with anyways. Well, productively that is.

Oops, forgot Tristan.