NBA 2015 Playoffs Thread

Jovec

?
The only thing Kobe has is more rings and there's some validity to that, but you certainly have to do look at the teams he played on.
As a Lakers and Kobe fan I have no problem with saying that LeBron is arguably the better player (especially if LeBron gets a third ring), but somehow Kobe gets skewered for playing with Shaq and Gasol and having Phil Jackson as a coach while LBJ orchestrates a "big-three" in Miami (with Riley at the helm and plenty of underpaid vets chasing rings) and then going back to the Cavs and theirthree #1s, #2, and #4 pick over 4 years (loaded with trade assets if not young talent) that somehow gets spun as "going home" instead of "going to a younger, better team that could trade for anyone not named Durant."

Edit: LBJ is also going to have a 2 and 4 Finals record, was a miracle Ray Allen 3 away from being 1-5, and has logged a shit-ton of minutes. His window is going to start closing, especially if he needs to log 45+ minutes in any meaningful game.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I'm heavily in the rings trump all campas any good bulls fan should be. Great numbers are the icing on the cake for me when you need to go beyond the trophies. A contender for best ever cannot have double the championship losses as he does wins.

Edit:

Bron bron doesn't quite have that inglorious stat yet.
Good to see you're in the Bill Russell for GOAT brigade.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
rrr_img_100387.jpg

sebur

Bronze Squire
I lurk in this thread and don't normally post since I don't know as much about basketball but I wanna know about Daezuel's post. Is that saying that LBJ doesn't beat good teams or that he hasn't face good teams or am I misunderstanding that graphic?

edit: looks like Ambi beat me too it before I could ask.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
And still I'd take Kobe over Lebron every time ... down the stretch of any game that mattered.
Do you have anything factual to back this up? I really think the "Kobe is clutch" mantra is so unsupported. Hopefully you've never said "facts over feels" because you'd be doing the opposite of that. It kills me because so many actual players think that way too and yet there's almost nothing to support it in terms of any normal or advanced metrics. Is it just because Kobe really desperately wants to take the last shot and be the hero regardless of it's the best play for the team? I just don't get it.

This link doesn't include last season or this season but Kobe's numbers haven't changed in that time and I doubt Lebron's would have changed too much either way to make the conclusions erroneous:Kobe vs LeBron; Whos more clutch? | Swish NBA. Stuff like PER is also higher for Lebron in those time slices.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Statistically it's not an argument that can be made. Not by overall performance. Not by clutch statistics. Not by playoff clutch statistics. We've all just seen Kobe on the most popular team of the 00s win 5 championships. There is just a ton of attention around him and any big shots he's made.

The only thing Kobe has is more rings and there's some validity to that, but you certainly have to do look at the teams he played on.

It's not that you can't hold the opinion that Kobe is better. You're just wrong.
Nobody said Kobe is better. If fact, you seething fucking retard, I specifically said Lebron is the better individual player. Unfortunately, if winning were all about stats and individual effort Lebron would have more than two heavily-assisted championships. Sure, Kobe had 3 with Shaq (they were both amazing, but those teams weren't exactly stacked otherwise), but more importantly Kobe built the Lakers into a contender again with some pretty shaky teams. Explain how a player we both acknowledge isn't as individually good as Lebron, won as many championships with teams one could very easily argue were never as good as even the worst Heat teams?

Trying to say Kobe has simply had more attention around him than Lebron fucking James? Bitch, you dumb? I guess maybe if Lebron made a few more big shots things would be different...?

In short, your boy Lebron is a loser yet again. Time to bring on more excuses. Sure, Lebron is the best player ever, and pretty much runs the team, dictates who he wants signed or traded... but.... but... but it's just not fair that he doesn't have access to the same fucking NBA talent everyone else is and just can't seem to win a championship without buying one in Miami.