NBA 2016-17 Season Thread - Knicks in 6

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wow! I can't believe Thibs pulled it off. Lavine is coming off an injury too. I think we might be getting their #16.

Rubio/Butler/Wiggins/KAT is going to be sick to see!

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Oh thank God. Thank God.

We needed all the upside we can get. Smith Jr. has just massive fucking athletic ability.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I just wish Eastern conference teams would stop making Western conference teams better. That Wolves team is spooky now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
I'm excited for the Bulls to get 20 wins and the 1st pick next year and hopefully everyone involved with the team fired. I don't hate giving away Butler because we aren't winning a title there but it's hard to imagine that was the best deal on the table.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Pretty happy the Warriors were somehow able to get Jordan Bell without even having a pick in this draft, same as they got McCaw last year.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah the draft is awful unless you have a Top 10 pick, and even then it usually sucks unless you're Top 5. This draft was incredibly loaded.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
This was the first NBA draft i was excited for in possibly 20 years. I am still very curious to see what other roster moves happen this Summer.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I guess it was because my Raptors had a pick outside the lottery, but I didn't care. The trades the last couple days have interested me, but unless CP3 or possibly Lowry end up on the Spurs, I don't think anything matters for next year. Just crazy to think that GS could have a season ending injury to either of their best 2 players and still be the favorite to win the title. I can't think of another team in history I could say that about. Maybe one of the Celtics teams that won 8 championships in a row, but even then, they might still have won, but probably aren't favorites without Bill Russell.

Last edited:

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
You could split the team in half and still have two playoff teams.

If you took ANY five players in the NBA, and threw them on the same team. You would still favorite Golden State in that 7 game series. I silly is that? I couldn't think of any combo that could stop or keep up with GS in scoring.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Can't stop Golden state from scoring with that squad. That's a wash IMO. I'd put my money on GS. Close money, but I'd take GS. Though GS probably couldn't stop Davis.

That was my team also, except I took Irving over Lowrey.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, he's only the 2nd best point guard in the NBA...I'd still go with Chris Paul. I feel like there's probably a better option than Porzingis, too. Giannis isn't a good enough shooter, but would fill a lot of roles. KAT/Davis twin towers would be pretty amazing.