NBA 2016-17 Season Thread - Knicks in 6

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Why the fuck would you take Lowry?

He's far and away a better defender than Irving and on a super team like that, defense is probably more important in that role.

He even had a better 3P% than Irving last year with a lot more attempts per game.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Why the fuck would you take Lowry?

Seriously.

I'd probably go: Conley, Butler, LeBron, Leonard & Davis. Conley because I think he'd be a better fit than other point guards that are BETTER (defense & not ball dominant). I'd strongly consider Embiid if he was fully healthy. Defense, defense, defense.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
That's the thing. Would you really be able to shut down Golden State enough for the win? Or try and match em point for point?

Sterling

El Presidente
That's the thing. Would you really be able to shut down Golden State enough for the win? Or try and match em point for point?
The Warriors do struggle against elite perimeter defense somewhat. Kawhi gives them fits. You're not going to completely stop them obviously, but if they're shooting sub 40 percent instead of close to 50 percent you have a real chance. Also the Spurs won 2 of 3 during the season against them by pretty large margins specifically by doing exactly that.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
What about when CP3 ends up with the Spurs? Are you suggesting that the NBA only having 2 relevant teams is bad?

FTFY.

200.gif

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Completely dismissing the Eastern Conference isn't very nice.

If CP3 goes to the Spurs, the NBA finals will be played between GS and SA. Then the winner has to play 4 more exhibition games to close out the season.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lolwut

The best 5 in the league are easily Draymond Green at C, LeBron at PF, Durant at SF, Harden at SG, Westbrook PG. Not sure if they would have enough shots to go around lol but at a pure athleticism and skill standpoint with each players plus minus and wins replaced looked at, this team would be unstoppable. Durant can defend the rim this is now known. Green can play C for extended stretches and lead the league in steals, so Im not so upset about having Durant and Draymond down low with LeBron providing rotating cover and another elite iso defender of all positions, if not THE best. So you can kind of mitigate how terrible Westbrook and Harden would be on defense (even though Brodie isnt that bad of a defender, having Green, and two headed Kevin Durant/LeBron James defending the interior isnt a reason to be sad).

Offense isnt even a discussion as this team could run any other team in the world off the court with pick and rolls screens and transition basketball. This is one of those discussions that could go on forever, I just cant leave LeBron, Durant, or Westbrook off my all world team. Then its just about who is your center and who is your SG. Green at C works given his defense and 3pt shooting and no one else is better than Harden at SG even tho Di'Antoni put him at PG last year.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
We're talking about building a team that would beat the Warriors in a seven game series. Westbrook is a horrible choice. I'm fully convinced he doesn't really give a shit about winning. He's the Gaige of the NBA. Just wants his stats.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
I'd just call Lebron my PG, Butler at SG, Giannis SF, Kawhi PF, AD.

Yeah, Giannis can't shoot, but with that D and his other playmaking abilities it wouldn't matter. He'd kinda be the Draymond of that offense.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Westbrook is an ultra-ball dominant, stat stuffing machine. You don't win much with that kind of player. No way I'm taking him on my team and stealing all those touches from guys like Lebron & Leonard.

I forgot about Giannis. He's a solid choice because of his athleticism and length.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I miss the Westbrook that played in USA basketball. (I forget which year) They had him come off the bench as the energy bunny defense only monster. And he just relished embarrassing the backcourts of the other countries.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
This awards show is horrible, not sure why I'm watching. It could be worth it though if Kawhi somehow wins the MVP by getting all the vote of those who love winning 2-way basketball while Harden and Westbrook split the ball hog stat-padder fan vote.