NBA 2016-17 Season Thread - Knicks in 6

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Really surprised by that. I've never been high on De'Angelo, but he's still young and has upside for a #2 pick. Giving up on him so soon just to use him for a salary dump is horrible. I'd be so angry if I were a Lakers fan. At the least you'd think they could have used Russell to get George instead of an expiring contract in Lopez. Both are expiring but I don't think they're really interested in keeping Lopez long term.

Supposedly this is to clear cap space for next summer and some far-fetched dream of getting Lebron+PG13. But even if they could do that, seems way premature to burn a chip on that now. If they'd just kept Russell another year they probably could have made the same move later on if a better one didn't present itself.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah especially since the early reports were the Lakers were pretty lukewarm on Ball after his workout.

I don't follow basketball nearly as close as football, but I am just not a huge fan of any of this yet. We will see I guess.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Well, I go and call the Celtics retarded and the Lakers turn around and do this.

That's the best you could get for Russell? Guy is 21 years old. Is the plan really to get Lebron James at 34 fucking years old and give him the Kobe treatment here? How long exactly do they think he'll keep playing at Lebron levels? No fucking one beats father time.

I wasn't a huge fan of Russell's but for his age he's been actually fairly good. Can't believe they want Brook fucking Lopez.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Remember they are getting out of that awful Mozgov salary, which could be a big deal considering all the George talk etc. It's definitely a Moneyball kind of trade which isn't sexy, but I'm not sure it's a bad trade.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
If you're just salary dumping with the former #2 pick I'd think you could get a better deal than that. + again the idea of overpaying old man Lebron and hoping he has several more years left of being the best player in the game reeks of the deals they made to pair Steve Nash/Dwight with Kobe/Pau.

Does the Lakers core with old man Lebron and PG (+whatever they end up giving up for PG if they make that trade this year) beat GS? I'm not so sure.

I hate they're letting these kids come into the league so young, it's almost always a wasted season or two before they get it or they're out in some bad trade.

• 1Solidarity

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Remember they are getting out of that awful Mozgov salary, which could be a big deal considering all the George talk etc. It's definitely a Moneyball kind of trade which isn't sexy, but I'm not sure it's a bad trade.
The part that really bugs me is if you're trying to get PG this year then why are you trading one of your top assets without that deal already being in place? If it is, fine, but as a deal to just dump salary cap I don't like it. I mean shit, at least get their 22nd pick.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
So apparently the Lakers are dangling the #27 & 28 picks in this draft and either Julius Randle or Jordan Clarkson for Paul George, per Marc Stein. Sucks for Indiana, but he's going to be leaving and I'm not sure you could really get much more anywhere else.

And I am also kinda thrown off by not including Russell in a potential deal for PG? Unless the Indiana front office gave some indication that they didn't want the kid. Still hard to believe considering he is probably going to have more upside than who they'd take in the 20's, even in an incredibly loaded draft.

• 1Solidarity

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Yeah, I dunno, I'd think it'd be easier to sell Indiana fans on D'LO being the centerpiece of a PG trade. Now what, you're going to sell them on a worse return than the Nets got for fucking Lopez?

Time for Lakers fans to start *trusting the process? heh

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Likes it in Cleveland? Over LA. Some serious retarding going on in here.

Ya Lakers are going to give up assets for something they have in the bag in one year. Keep diving in to your espn fake news clicks. Tools.

• 2Cutler
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
He may actually like winning. We know it's hard to comprehend.

Why go after PG13 now and try to become relevant sooner? I hate smart decisions also.

Pops

Good for the Lakers. They needed to clean house. Super teams are in. Jeanie and Magic just might be the combo to pull the pieces together.

Pops

Well, I go and call the Celtics retarded and the Lakers turn around and do this.

That's the best you could get for Russell? Guy is 21 years old. Is the plan really to get Lebron James at 34 fucking years old and give him the Kobe treatment here? How long exactly do they think he'll keep playing at Lebron levels? No fucking one beats father time.

I wasn't a huge fan of Russell's but for his age he's been actually fairly good. Can't believe they want Brook fucking Lopez.

The trade wasn't for Lopez. It was to free up money.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Really ready for this draft to be over with. As a Mavs fan, I know they are in love with Frank Ntilikina out of France (as are the Knicks). I don't know, 6'5" plays really good defense at point and can knock down shots. But when I have watched him, he doesn't seem overly athletic, doesn't have the greatest handles and just seems to lack separation. Would die for De'Aaron Fox which won't happen, minus a trade up. Preferring Dennis Smith Jr. or a miracle Johnathan Isaac falls to #9.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Celtics also talking Paul George trade, please let this happen. Can't wait for him to walk to the Lakers for nothing next year and leave the Celtics high and dry.

Kinda pissed they let Josh Jackson fall to the Suns tbh.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Really surprised the Celtics didn't push harder, also it's gotta be a loss for the Cavs. Although I was doubtful they would be able to swing some fantasy-laden 3-team deal for PG or Butler.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Chicago getting that #7 pick could really hurt the Mavs chance at a young point guard. This could suck.