NBA 2016-17 Season Thread - Knicks in 6

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Chris Paul is 32, MDA hasn't won shit with his style, and you are trying to pair two guys that had the ball in their hands almost every possession together? I don't think this is going to work personally. I mean, they'll make the playoffs, but then what? I don't think that team beats a healthy Spurs team either.

They obviously are planning to add another piece like Paul George, maybe that'll change that equation but it still won't put them over GS.

Man, why can't some fucking EC teams make some moves to get better? WTF are you doing in Boston with all these assets?

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Nothing makes me happier than seeing the colossal fuck up that was the Clippers. Hope DeAndre has fun being a loser in that LAC uniform. Where does Blake go? Celtics if the PG13 plan falls through, maybe.

The league is such an incredible pile of shit right now with players & agents being able to build their own super teams, but do keep in mind CP3 does give the Rockets fan base some type of hope, even if it's false because of how dominant the Warriors are. It brings in money, and its worth a shot, even if it doesn't change much landscape wise.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
It's really sad for the next few years how incredibly bad of a product the NBA's actual season is going to be.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Chris Paul is 32, MDA hasn't won shit with his style, and you are trying to pair two guys that had the ball in their hands almost every possession together? I don't think this is going to work personally. I mean, they'll make the playoffs, but then what? I don't think that team beats a healthy Spurs team either.
This logic only holds true for players that aren't good shooters. You act like you take the ball out of either of their hands and then they're a detriment to the team. CP3 is arguably the best defensive PG in the league and he shot 41% (!!!) behind the arc last year. This isn't like putting Russell Westbrook next to Harden.

To the second part, I still have the same reaction. So what? The Rockets shouldn't improve their team unless it makes them better than the Warriors? Using that rational no team in the league should do anything but punt the next 5 years.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Logic only holds if what? Chris Paul pounds the rock all game and so does Harden. Yeah, they're great players, but they've both been chokers in the playoffs and one of them plays zero defense.

No, I don't think it's really going to work. I'd be surprised if Chris Paul doesn't injure himself tbh.

Also, are they going to supermax Paul until he's 37 or whatever? Or when this fails will he be moving on?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
CP3 isn't a choker. His playoff stats are really solid. He's not why they lose.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I always enjoy when someone says "so-and-so is a choker" because their team sucks balls. Really amuses me.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

He's trying to recruit Lowry to come to the Wolves. I wish we could see how Ricky would work with the Big 3 before dumping a pile a cash on another PG.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
A big signing like that would be exciting but scary at the same time. I'm not sure about paying Lowry 30 million when he's 36. It also puts Wiggins AND Butler's futures with the team as uncertain. You can't max out Towns, Lowry, Wiggins and Butler.

But the worst thing about it is still how much it seems like Thibs just doesn't like Rubio. Ricky has improved every season. He shot 35% from behind the arc after the deadline last year. And on a team with Butler, Wiggins and Towns it's not like you need tons of scoring from the point guard. Add in his vision, defense, the fact that he's only 26 and on a very reasonable contract for the next 3 years and I just have a hard time seeing PG as a position of need for us. If you have to go after an older veteran with big money why not target Millsap? A stretch 4 next to Towns is a much bigger need for us.

Either way, exciting things for the wolves this coming season.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
A big signing like that would be exciting but scary at the same time. I'm not sure about paying Lowry 30 million when he's 36. It also puts Wiggins AND Butler's futures with the team as uncertain. You can't max out Towns, Lowry, Wiggins and Butler.

But the worst thing about it is still how much it seems like Thibs just doesn't like Rubio. Ricky has improved every season. He shot 35% from behind the arc after the deadline last year. And on a team with Butler, Wiggins and Towns it's not like you need tons of scoring from the point guard. Add in his vision, defense, the fact that he's only 26 and on a very reasonable contract for the next 3 years and I just have a hard time seeing PG as a position of need for us. If you have to go after an older veteran with big money why not target Millsap? A stretch 4 next to Towns is a much bigger need for us.

Either way, exciting things for the wolves this coming season.

Yeah, I'm not keen on it either. Rubio should be fine especially with the contract he has. Thibs just needs to adjust to his players strengths and he seems to be very reluctant to do it with Ricky. Yeah, his shooting has always been a problem till the second half of last season. They money they want to spend on Lowry should be spent elsewhere on this team this off-season.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It's really sad for the next few years how incredibly bad of a product the NBA's actual season is going to be.

Don't see how it will be any worse than this last season was. Maybe if Celtics get someone then at least the East might have a semblance of competition.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Don't see how it will be any worse than this last season was. Maybe if Celtics get someone then at least the East might have a semblance of competition.

True, it can't be much worse. Just scared it's going to be like this for an extended amount of time.