NBA 2016-17 Season Thread - Knicks in 6

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Livingston did re-sign for a deal though. 8 years 24 mill. It sounds like Iguodala is not down with giving a deal though. Livingston, whose career earnings were probably more than halved due to his catastrophic injury, was fine taking a discount to stay even though he had every right to try to make this his last big payday. AI, whose earned well over $100M, apparently not down.

If Iggy does jet I hope he goes back to Philly to help jumpstart that team. Not sure he's even going to meet with them, but I did read they were interested, and they definitely have money to spend.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
God damn, that is a whole lot of money to play a fucking game. Good for him

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
allen-iverson.jpg

Now he'll never afford that cheeseburger
HAHA the present day AI will be Laker in 1 year with LBJ, CP3 and Mello and beat GSW in the the WCF! LOL maybe

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
The George, Lebron, Russel to the Lakers thing is happening, and the East will be the Celtics. Great league, fucking thing sucks.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
The George, Lebron, Russel to the Lakers thing is happening, and the East will be the Celtics. Great league, fucking thing sucks.

I agree. Lebron has already come out and said he's not interfering with FA. That means he's already moved on in his mind. Just needs to finish out one more year at 'home' and then it's time to move to new 'home'.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Bye Klay. Can't come soon enough.

lol. Yea he is a swagger-less faggot, with his Chinese "Anta" aquaman shoes. He is the definition of a microwave scorer. He is like an NBA Jam character personified. Once he gets going he can literally break the game with his volume scoring. But outside of that the Warriors obviously werent sold on locking him up long term and securing the "Splash Brothers" legacy.

Whens the last time anyone heard someone even say splash brothers?

Jozu

LeBron can and will probably move on. He has the right, he won a title for that destitute city and doesnt owe them anything.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
lol. Yea he is a swagger-less faggot, with his Chinese "Anta" aquaman shoes. He is the definition of a microwave scorer. He is like an NBA Jam character personified. Once he gets going he can literally break the game with his volume scoring. But outside of that the Warriors obviously werent sold on locking him up long term and securing the "Splash Brothers" legacy.

Whens the last time anyone heard someone even say splash brothers?

For starters, I heard Steph say it two weeks ago when he said Splash Brothers with their second title.

How are they not sold on locking him up long term? They locked him up to a four year extension three years ago. He's absolutely the ideal SG to be a second or third option on a team. These moves in no way indicate they don't want to try to keep him in two years. They're just trying to keep the best team they can around Step/KD/Klay/Dray while they do have them all locked up for the next two years. Worry about 2019 when it comes.

Jozu

Obviously he will be there until his current deal is up. But they still have to pay KD. Im not sold they are going to give Klay a huge contract offer when the time comes. They will be almost 40 million deep into the luxury tax next year already.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
For sure not sold on it either, but its mostly going to be economics and will have little to do with the basketball side of things. The new supermax deals in general seem like they're going to hamper teams from holding 3+ big name stars long term, which should be good for the league. Warriors will be the first team to feel the extreme tax of it.

I'm still a little surprised that Steph went all in on the supermax if you looking at it from the basketball perspective. For sure the Warriors got a huge discount on him for years, but at the same time, dude's getting as much endorsement money now as any player in the league. With all his endorsements and the new deal he's going to be making well over $50 m per. Not like he needed every million of that supermax, he could have easily said I'll take a few mill less if it'll help lock some of these other guys up and give us some more flexibility going forward to keep winning.

On the flip side, if you look at it from an economic perspective Curry has every right to think I don't give a damn how much tax Lacob has to pay. The value of Lacob's investment has probably gone up 6x since he purchased the team around 2010, not even considering any yearly returns he's made. $450 million to well over $2 billion, and a huge chunk of that increase is undoubtedly due to Curry. This is where Lebron's statement about Curry deserving a $400 million contract stems from. Its hard to argue with him taking the full supermax when you look at it like that.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
For sure not sold on it either, but its mostly going to be economics and will have little to do with the basketball side of things. The new supermax deals in general seem like they're going to hamper teams from holding 3+ big name stars long term, which should be good for the league. Warriors will be the first team to feel the extreme tax of it.

I'm still a little surprised that Steph went all in on the supermax if you looking at it from the basketball perspective. For sure the Warriors got a huge discount on him for years, but at the same time, dude's getting as much endorsement money now as any player in the league. With all his endorsements and the new deal he's going to be making well over $50 m per. Not like he needed every million of that supermax, he could have easily said I'll take a few mill less if it'll help lock some of these other guys up and give us some more flexibility going forward to keep winning.

On the flip side, if you look at it from an economic perspective Curry has every right to think I don't give a damn how much tax Lacob has to pay. The value of Lacob's investment has probably gone up 6x since he purchased the team around 2010, not even considering any yearly returns he's made. $450 million to well over $2 billion, and a huge chunk of that increase is undoubtedly due to Curry. This is where Lebron's statement about Curry deserving a $400 million contract stems from. Its hard to argue with him taking the full supermax when you look at it like that.

I don't think him taking a few mil less would have mattered. They'll be so far over the cap when it comes time to reup Klay, he'd had to have taken a massive cut (unless the cap has another massive balloon). The only reason they're able to sign these guys is Bird rights and an owner willing to pay a ton of luxury tax money. It's not like they could sign anyone who isn't on their team to a big deal.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If I was a TWolves fan and they sign Derrick Rose, I think I'd lose my shit.

Thankfully unless he would sign for the vet min there isn't much of a chance of that happening. The Taj signing pretty much caps us out now.

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
LeBron can and will probably move on. He has the right, he won a title for that destitute city and doesnt owe them anything.
That just wasn't nice.

With Lebron not actively recruiting I'm beginning to see the writing on the wall.... The FA drama next summer will be palpable.