NBA 2016-17 Season Thread - Knicks in 6

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Don't see how it will be any worse than this last season was. Maybe if Celtics get someone then at least the East might have a semblance of competition.

Celtics are more than a guy away from competing with Cleveland. Plus, they are going to lose 1 of Bradley, Smart and Isiah before the season starts. All 3 up at the end of the year and they can't afford to pay all 3.

The Celtics plan is to continue to use their lottery picks from Brooklyn and the Lakers, and build a team that is great in 3 years, when Lebron is done.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I don't see Golden State affording this team longer than two more years. The repeat offender tax is going to get mad expensive. They probably won't re-sign Klay.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Nope, because Klay is going to join Paul George with the Lakers next year!

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Wouldn't be next year, Klay is signed til 2019.

But yeah, there's a real chance he goes to the Lakers then no matter how much his dad or anybody says he isn't going to leave. They're going to be able to throw a lot more money at him, obviously LA allure and nostalgia for him, maybe the chance for more shots. And if Ball pans out (and I think he will) that'd also be a sick backcourt.

Those deals the Lakers made last year though... can't be overstated how much they hurt. Still can't believe they used Russell, a 21 YO that was taken #2, to dump Mozgoz only the year after they signed him. And then they still have Deng booked for $20 mill per year until 2020. They may have to dump another asset in the near future to get rid of him too..

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
With us apparently signing Teague to a 3 year 60 million dollar deal. I have no clue how details like that can be out there already. Teams aren't technically even allowed to talk to free agents until midnight tonight.

Talent wise it's kind of a wash. I don't hate Teague and you could maybe argue he's a bit better fit offensively because he's been a more consistent outside shooter. But he's older, will sign to the same contract length as Rubio for more money and is certainly a much worse defender. Still feel like that money could have been better used elsewhere.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Junky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thibs is certainly trying to make his legacy in MN. He got rid of 2 fan favorites. Might be a run for D Rose which is a wash.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, not a fan of Rubio, but I'd be less than excited about replacing him with Teague. Would have rather taken this season to see how much improvement there is with Butler added, try to get the best playoff seed possible, then would still have had the option of trading Rubio next year to try to clear space for a bigger FA. Teague at 20M per would suck.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I don't see how OKC gets Paul to stay, they couldn't keep Durant there, they aren't winning shit with that lineup.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
And then Blake Griffin realized he probably won't win anywhere, so he may as well get paid. 5 years $173m to stay with the Clippers

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, not a fan of Rubio, but I'd be less than excited about replacing him with Teague. Would have rather taken this season to see how much improvement there is with Butler added, try to get the best playoff seed possible, then would still have had the option of trading Rubio next year to try to clear space for a bigger FA. Teague at 20M per would suck.
Our window to spend is really just this offseason unfortunately. Next they'll have to lock up Wiggins on a max deal, then the year after that Towns. This is really our one season to spend. There just won't be any cap room after.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
So much for leaving room for AI.

allen-iverson.jpg

Now he'll never afford that cheeseburger

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user