NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I doubt that will happen. Too much money locked up in two players. Plus I don't think LBJ would buy in on the Warriors culture.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
The second part I don't agree with. He totally would. He's the ultimate team player. The reason I think he won't, is because I doubt KD wants him there taking away from him? I dunno though, who knows with today's NBA.

Any person who talks shit about his lack of rings and Finals record has themselves to blame that this is even in the realm of possibility lol.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
The second part I don't agree with. He totally would. He's the ultimate team player. The reason I think he won't, is because I doubt KD wants him there taking away from him? I dunno though, who knows with today's NBA.

Any person who talks shit about his lack of rings and Finals record has themselves to blame that this is even in the realm of possibility lol.

The people to blame are the people who want to say he's not as great as Jordan based SOLELY on the fact that Jordan has 6 rings. Every other measurable metric shows Lebron to be the better player. So if rings are all we care about, then doing everything humanly possible to attain them becomes the goal. Which will include the creation of noncompetitive super teams. Max Kellerman hit it on the nose in his rebuttal to Steven A.

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Ya agree Max was spot on. Apparently this isn't as crazy as people are saying salary wise. If he signed they could trade him to GSW for Iggy/Young/Livingston/Pachula.

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

If I'm the Warriors, in that scenario I do it no contest. If only to keep him from signing with the Rockets or the Spurs.

If I'm Lebron I do it for 3 reasons: 1) People talk shit no matter what he does. 2) Rings 3) Legit shot at becoming #1 scorer before he turns 40. He could get 20 a night being 6th man in GSW.

That said a starting unit of Curry/Klay/Lebron/KD/Draymond is the real death lineup omg. Or like I said even having LBJ come off the bench.

• 1Like

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
NBA would be a mockery if lebron went to golden state.

It is already? What would change really? Who has a LEGIT shot of knocking off GSW this year? One team maybe? This wouldn't change the dynamic of the NBA much at all tbh. That bathwater was thrown out when KD signed with them.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
That said a starting unit of Curry/Klay/Lebron/KD/Draymond is the real death lineup omg. Or like I said even having LBJ come off the bench.

Klay (along with Iguadala) would probably have to be moved for it to work. But still, who cares who the 2-guard is when you have the best shooting guard in history, the most dominate player in history, and one of the best defensive players in history... plus KD. I could start in the 2-guard spot and the Warriors would win multiple championships.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Other than trolling, how is LeBron not a team first guy? If he wasn't, he'd be scoring 50 a night?

I already said for it to really work it's an opt-in trade like CP3 to Houston, in that scenario they keep Klay and Green:

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

I don't think it's that far fetched. GSW would do it simply to prevent him from going somewhere else. Him and Draymond are supposedly tight, he trains with KD in the offseason and picked him first for the All-Star team, Steph is from Akron, he values a competent HO and an owner who will spend.

It's whatever. It's shaping up like the KD to GSW stuff that people easily dismissed as well.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
It is already? What would change really? Who has a LEGIT shot of knocking off GSW this year? One team maybe? This wouldn't change the dynamic of the NBA much at all tbh. That bathwater was thrown out when KD signed with them.

Rockets and Spurs with a healthy Kawhi both worry me.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Other than trolling, how is LeBron not a team first guy? If he wasn't, he'd be scoring 50 a night?

I already said for it to really work it's an opt-in trade like CP3 to Houston, in that scenario they keep Klay and Green:

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

I don't think it's that far fetched. GSW would do it simply to prevent him from going somewhere else. Him and Draymond are supposedly tight, he trains with KD in the offseason and picked him first for the All-Star team, Steph is from Akron, he values a competent HO and an owner who will spend.

It's whatever. It's shaping up like the KD to GSW stuff that people easily dismissed as well.

Is that using this year's max number or next year's? Cause the max is going up...

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Rockets and Spurs with a healthy Kawhi both worry me.

I don't have a ton of faith in D'Antoni's system winning 4 out of 7. Also CP3 and Harden have no showed playoff series before.

Kawhi and the Spurs, maybe? All signs pointing to Kawhi not wanting to be there. It's some sort of weird DRose situation were the team says he is healthy and gtg and he has this mystery quad thing that no one can figure out how to fix?

Is that using this year's max number or next year's? Cause the max is going up...

That's if they were to do the trade right now. LeBron could sign a 3 year extension in February for like 36, 40, 42? Some shit like that. In that scenario KD gets his supermax as well.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I don't have a ton of faith in D'Antoni's system winning 4 out of 7. Also CP3 and Harden have no showed playoff series before.

Kawhi and the Spurs, maybe? All signs pointing to Kawhi not wanting to be there. It's some sort of weird DRose situation were the team says he is healthy and gtg and he has this mystery quad thing that no one can figure out how to fix?

That's if they were to do the trade right now. LeBron could sign a 3 year extension in February for like 36, 40, 42? Some shit like that. In that scenario KD gets his supermax as well.

But you go over the cap restrictions.

Taking the sign-and-trade approach is similar to James opting into his $35.7 million contract, but it would cost him less in salary and subject the Warriors to the hard cap. The hard cap restricts the Warriors from exceeding the luxury-tax apron.

With the tax projected to be $123 million, Golden State would not be allowed to exceed $129 million. As currently constructed, the Warriors have $128.3 million in committed salary next season and that does not factor in their first-round pick and seven open roster spots.

Trading a combination of Thompson, Iguodala and Livingston has the Warriors with $124 million in salary (including the Durant option), $5 million below the hard cap. This scenario would force Durant to opt out of his contract and sign for a significant discount (think $20 million) and have Golden State fill the remaining nine spots with minimum contracts. The cap gymnastics have the Warriors with $127.9 million in salary, about $1 million below the hard cap.
How would LeBron even get to the Warriors? These three paths work

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider

The fact that he constantly talks shit about his teammates and GM.

• 1Like
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
How about his constant passive aggressive bullshit on Twitter when things aren't going his way. How about every season, whatever team he is on, has to have a team meetings to get everyone on the same page.

The dude is drama and only cares about himself and his legacy.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 4 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I also don't know if he could handle being on a team and not being "the guy". Yes, he would be the best player on the team. But it's still Steph's team. Everything offensively flows through him. KD is the best player on the Warriors, but Curry makes the whole system work. And that wouldn't change by adding LeBron.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
How about his constant passive aggressive bullshit on Twitter when things aren't going his way. How about every season, whatever team he is on, has to have a team meetings to get everyone on the same page.

The dude is drama and only cares about himself and his legacy.

100%. Dude breeds unnecessary drama. Teams want his talent, not his "leadership". Duncan, Dirk etc are real examples of "all-time team players".

Hopefully even LeBron can draw the line and see the level of fucking cop out that would be to get some more rings.

Also, NBA is already a joke.

• 1Like