NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread

Most of Cleveland understands he is already gone. And a fair amount of us will not blame him. Will not see people burning jerseys this time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
So the Cavs trade Isaiah Thomas and his expiring contract after acquiring him in the Kyrie deal as the main asset. Somebody doesn't know how to do their job. Or maybe a lot of people. As a Hornet's fan I am pretty happy about it. Just doesn't look like the Cavs got much at all today. If Lebron leaves, they'll have some cap space, but not really a roster that anyone is going to want to watch night in and night out.

Also, good on the NBA for finally adding Kemba to the Eastern All-Star team.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
So the Cavs trade Isaiah Thomas and his expiring contract after acquiring him in the Kyrie deal as the main asset. Somebody doesn't know how to do their job. Or maybe a lot of people. As a Hornet's fan I am pretty happy about it. Just doesn't look like the Cavs got much at all today. If Lebron leaves, they'll have some cap space, but not really a roster that anyone is going to want to watch night in and night out.

Also, good on the NBA for finally adding Kemba to the Eastern All-Star team.
They have Brooklyn's 1st round pick though don't they?

• 1Solidarity

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
LeBron is going to the Lakers. Its not hard. He is never going to Houston. Texas is a great state and all, but I just dont see him wanting to play there, especially with them already having 2 superstars. I get it on paper that would be an incredible team, but Harden is basically an MVP player right now, and any championship that they win with LeBron on the team, Harden will get an equal amount of accolades, if not more. I dont think LeBron wants to play under the shadow of a player of Hardens magnitude at this point.

The Clippers no way, no talent, they are in rebuild mode. He isnt going to leave Cleveland, a small market team, and make a lateral move to another small market team just for money. Salary isnt really the problem anyway, as he will get maxed out regardless, but with all of that said there leaves only one possible destination, the Lakers. He is leaving Cleveland, no doubt about it. He won them a ring, and carried them to 3 straight Finals, losing 2 to one of the greatest teams ever, whilst beating the best version of that historically elite team. (2015 Warriors). And he might get them to a 4th this season, which would be his 8th consecutive Finals appearance...lol.

So he will go to Los Angeles, Lonzo Ball is basically a non factor at this point as they will look to bring in another big name through free agency. If Ball gets healthy and turns into an asset thats great, because it allows them to offload IT or cut him before they sign LeBron as LeBron wont want to play with Thomas. He will end up closing out his career with LA most likely, battling the Warriors for the rest of his career.

• 1Cutler

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
LeBron is going to the Lakers. Its not hard. He is never going to Houston. Texas is a great state and all, but I just dont see him wanting to play there, especially with them already having 2 superstars. I get it on paper that would be an incredible team, but Harden is basically an MVP player right now, and any championship that they win with LeBron on the team, Harden will get an equal amount of accolades, if not more. I dont think LeBron wants to play under the shadow of a player of Hardens magnitude at this point.

The Clippers no way, no talent, they are in rebuild mode. He isnt going to leave Cleveland, a small market team, and make a lateral move to another small market team just for money. Salary isnt really the problem anyway, as he will get maxed out regardless, but with all of that said there leaves only one possible destination, the Lakers. He is leaving Cleveland, no doubt about it. He won them a ring, and carried them to 3 straight Finals, losing 2 to one of the greatest teams ever, whilst beating the best version of that historically elite team. (2015 Warriors). And he might get them to a 4th this season, which would be his 8th consecutive Finals appearance...lol.

So he will go to Los Angeles, Lonzo Ball is basically a non factor at this point as they will look to bring in another big name through free agency. If Ball gets healthy and turns into an asset thats great, because it allows them to offload IT or cut him before they sign LeBron as LeBron wont want to play with Thomas. He will end up closing out his career with LA most likely, battling the Warriors for the rest of his career.

How are the Clippers a small market team when they play in the same building as the Lakers? Their market is LA just like the Lakers. Like, do you even understand what market means here?

And when you consider Ballmer bought them for something like 2 billion, they definitely weren't treated as small market when they were available.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
How are the Clippers a small market team when they play in the same building as the Lakers? Their market is LA just like the Lakers. Like, do you even understand what market means here?

And when you consider Ballmer bought them for something like 2 billion, they definitely weren't treated as small market when they were available.

They're not...but I get what he means. If your not going to Los Angeles, Chicago, NYC, maaayyybe Boston (Boston for market not team)...why bother leaving for a sidegrade in teams. True small market teams, he would never bother with because his brand wouldn't come close to the exposure he would want.

Lebron in either LA or NYC would be HUGE. We are going to get bombarded with this fuck when he gets to LA.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
LeBron is chasing rings he isn't going to the Lakers.

Then he has to consider Houston or San Antonio. No one in the east has a shot at beating Golden State besides Boston (and they will get stomped)...and we know THAT aint happening. Maybe Toronto with Lebron, but he aint going there, let's be real.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
lbjphilly.png

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I never said The Clippers were a small market team, I said they are in rebuild mode so he isnt going to go there and spend years trying to build something when he is going to be 34 this year.

And why the fuck couldnt he win with the Lakers? Did you see how fucking bad the Cavs were before he returned, even with Kyrie? They were a lottery team. They havent missed a Finals since he came back.

Any team LeBron goes to instantly becomes a championship contender, cmon man. And I dont buy the LeBron has to control the ball thing to win. The guy can play the point and tally 13 assists on accident, or he can play off the ball and take advantage of mismatches and fuck defenders up off of pick and rolls, can finish at the rim, can spot up, he doesnt just become ineffective because he doesnt dominate the ball.

Also, Lonzo Ball is more of an ideal fit with LeBron than Thomas. Lonzo can also play defense.Go back to politics thread fana.

edit: People have short memories. Remember when the Cavs won the title when Lebron and Kyrie played on the same team? Kyrie, the same ball dominant player who has the best ball handling skills in the league, and thrives as a player by controlling the ball. Yet LeBron still found a way to make it work by alternating at the point, with Kyrie turning into a knock down shooter (thats how they won that game 7, a Kyrie 3 off of LeBrons defense). And when Kyrie ran the floor LeBron still was averaging a triple double damn near that year in the playoffs, dominating with the ball or without it.

And at the end of the day Lonzo doesnt even matter. If he turns out to be a complete bust LeBron will have another star player to play with (George) that the Lakers bring in through FA. If he doesnt develop an outside shot he will be useless, unless he bulks up and becomes an elite defender and can relieve Lebrons defense assignments and be able to still run the offense when LeBron is resting.

So the Lakers could have a nucleus next year of

Lonzo
LeBron
George
Kuzma

Even if Lonzo doesnt work out they still have Kuzma.

Last edited:

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Only way LeBron leaves at all is if someone superstar caliber goes to the Lakers and I don't see anyone making that jump, except maybe Paul George. I just don't see it though, I think its way more likely he signs a 1+1 with Cleveland and does this again when he is 35.

Houston has money issues, which might work themselves out but I don't think so. Lakers aren't that great at all, and they just traded away a bunch of their upside to clear space lol.

I'd say the Spurs if Kawhi wasn't being retarded, that and him and LeBron basically play the same position.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I hope you're right about LeBron, because the only way I see PG going to the Lakers is if LeBron goes.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
What advantage in chasing rings is there going from the 1 or 2 in the east to the 4th in the west? I find it hard to believe that in year 17 LeBron is interested in building a championship team in the west.