NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
After Curry is done we won't even remember Lebran, Lebron, Lonzo, Loubranzo, whatever his name is. He will be just another Olajuwon with an extra ring, more control over his team, and a lot more losses.

GSW win as much without Curry as they do with his injury prone ass. He has already disappeared in the Finals over and over.

Curry is the greatest shooter of all time. That's it. He isn't even the best or more valuable player on his own fucking team.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Pippen thing. Jordan left for baseball...How that go? He left Chicago...how that go?

They went 55-27 (same as 93 with MJ) and were a screwed few calls away from the ECF.

LeBron left Cleveland they were lottery he left Miami they were lottery.

You say Jordan built a team I say he was 1-9 in the playoffs without PJ and Pippen. You say he built a team I say he just waited until the Bad Boys were old and the Lakers were old. Who was Jordan's GS nemesis? What 70 win team did he beat? What multiple MVP having team did he play against? What Big 3 did he play against?

Please. Jordan did shit and nothing without another ALL TIME GREAT next to him with THE BEST COACH OF ALL TIME.

Know why Jordan could score 50 a night? Pippen was doing everything else. Facilitating, rebounding, guarding the other teams best wing player.

LeBron does all the Pippen shit AND the scoring outside of the year Kyrie was healthy and couple Wade were.

Name LeBron's best coach. I'll wait. Name a player with 3 rings whose played for worse coaches? I'll wait.

Jesus. This Jordan shit gets fucking old. He was the beat scorer ever. He had a crazy killer instinct and hated to lose. He wasn't as good at basketball as LeBron. He wasn't a good of a human as LeBron. He wasn't as good of a league ambassador as LeBron.

Flu game? More like hangover game.

Jordan didn't even respect the goddamn game.

Last edited:
  • 1Cutler

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
GSW win as much without Curry as they do with his injury prone ass. He has already disappeared in the Finals over and over.

Curry is the greatest shooter of all time. That's it. He isn't even the best or more valuable player on his own fucking team.

Lmao. I knew you couldn't resist. Lebron 3:6- 'and so the world watched as I gave my all and still couldn't pass the GOAT Amen.

11407133_10204015115090267_6100641318882579862_n.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Someone going around calling themselves King James isn't a huge cunt or anything.

His teammates started calling him that during his sophomore season after he led them to a title as a freshman. The SVSM announcers started calling him that and during his junior season when he petitioned the NBA to let him go pro in 02 and was denied the media started showing up at SVSM games and they started being nationally televised and it caught on. I mean he went to Catholic school it kind of fit.

It's all covered in More Than A Game.

Chosen 1 was given to him from Sports Illustrated when he was the first prep star on the cover.

Witness was part of a Nike campaign.

He has since transitioned it into his social media mantra by calling his wife Queen and kids princess and little kings etc.

He is widely called the King of Akron by residents.

I guess I'll take a guy donating millions to his hometown youth, standing up for social issues and being an amazing family man calling himself King. He has earned it imo. If that is his biggest "cunt" or "douche" move its cool. Better than gambling, raping, divorcing, fathering 20 kids to 20 women, going bankrupt, doing drugs, being alcoholic, etc which is what a lot of his peers and predecessors are known for.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Lmao. I knew you couldn't resist. Lebron 3:6- 'and so the world watched as I gave my all and still couldn't pass the GOAT Amen.

11407133_10204015115090267_6100641318882579862_n.jpg

Redirect Notice

But I mean, why shouldn't he? Durant did. Maybe he'll end up with 7 and close the door on the GOAT talk.

He also isn't 3 and 6 idiot he's only played in 8 Finals.

Only LeBron stat that matters concerning the Warriors is when he came back and beat their 73 win team after being down 3-1 in the Finals.

In 2015 it was a no contest and he still took them 6 and in 2017 they added Durant just to beat him.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
You fellas. Can we back off on shitting on The Dream and Pippen while you argue with Gaige? Cool. Argue away.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Redirect Notice

But I mean, why shouldn't he? Durant did. Maybe he'll end up with 7 and close the door on the GOAT talk.

He also isn't 3 and 6 idiot he's only played in 8 Finals.

Only LeBron stat that matters concerning the Warriors is when he came back and beat their 73 win team after being down 3-1 in the Finals.

In 2015 it was a no contest and he still took them 6 and in 2017 they added Durant just to beat him.

The only reason Lebron beat the 73 win team is because the league GIFTED them 2 wins. No question at all about that. No debate. End of story.

• 4Picard
  • 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 6 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
So they didn't play those two game? It was just marked in the record as a win without playing them? Interesting. I thought for sure I remember watching seven games that year.

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
So they didn't play those two game? It was just marked in the record as a win without playing them? Interesting. I thought for sure I remember watching seven games that year.

You watched 2 of them with GSW having an incredibly stupid league mandated handicap. So yes, 2 GIFTED wins.

• 3Salty
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
His teammates started calling him that during his sophomore season after he led them to a title as a freshman. The SVSM announcers started calling him that and during his junior season when he petitioned the NBA to let him go pro in 02 and was denied the media started showing up at SVSM games and they started being nationally televised and it caught on. I mean he went to Catholic school it kind of fit.

It's all covered in More Than A Game.

Chosen 1 was given to him from Sports Illustrated when he was the first prep star on the cover.

Witness was part of a Nike campaign.

He has since transitioned it into his social media mantra by calling his wife Queen and kids princess and little kings etc.

He is widely called the King of Akron by residents.

I guess I'll take a guy donating millions to his hometown youth, standing up for social issues and being an amazing family man calling himself King. He has earned it imo. If that is his biggest "cunt" or "douche" move its cool. Better than gambling, raping, divorcing, fathering 20 kids to 20 women, going bankrupt, doing drugs, being alcoholic, etc which is what a lot of his peers and predecessors are known for.

None of this negates calling himself King. He's a douche.

Also I look forward to Durant embarressing him again this year in the finals and showing who the best player in the league is once again.

• 2Salty
  • 1Like
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 3 users
I think you have to kind of think a bit deeper about this Bron-Bron business.

Take any superstar, and imagine him with the current team LeBron has surrounding him. Or imagine them surrounded with the injured 2015 Cavs.

How many players in the history of the game could still take that team to the limit? Not many. I would guess the number is <10?

edit: that buzzer beater in game 3. What to even call it? A fade away parallel to the glass alley-oop layup? That shot was freakin not human.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
None of this negates calling himself King. He's a douche.

Also I look forward to Durant embarressing him again this year in the finals and showing who the best player in the league is once again.

Durant is the best beta in the NBA. Steph goes out and all of a sudden he says the Warriors aren't good. Nevermind Defensive POY, offensive rock, and heart of the team Draymond Green; the best SG in the NBA Klay; and the best motion offense outside of San Antonio.

Durant can ball with the best of them, but he's a guy who doesn't want to be the best on his own team. He's the anti-Kyrie Irving – KD has the talent and the game to be his team's #1 option and unquestioned alpha but doesn't want it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
edit: that buzzer beater in game 3. What to even call it? A fade away parallel to the glass alley-oop layup? That shot was freakin not human.

The shot wasn't easy but going for the bank made it pretty reasonable. That is the area on the floor guys practice banking from due to the angle. Fading away made it more difficult, but once you get to that spot you just get a feel for the way you need to get it off the glass. Not to take away from what Lebron's been doing in the playoffs because he has been the best player thus far. I just don't think that shot was as difficult as some are making it out to be.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
They went 55-27 (same as 93 with MJ) and were a screwed few calls away from the ECF.

LeBron left Cleveland they were lottery he left Miami they were lottery.

You're making my point here. He bails when the surrounding cast sucks.

You say Jordan built a team I say he was 1-9 in the playoffs without PJ and Pippen. You say he built a team I say he just waited until the Bad Boys were old and the Lakers were old. Who was Jordan's GS nemesis? What 70 win team did he beat? What multiple MVP having team did he play against? What Big 3 did he play against?

Yeah...Have you been following the NBA the last 30 years? That's the way this league works man. You do NOT beat veteran championship teams. So yup. Just like every other super star EVER (maybe Magic is the exception?) He needed help and wait his turn.

Please. Jordan did shit and nothing without another ALL TIME GREAT next to him with THE BEST COACH OF ALL TIME.

LOL...Dude. NBA is players 1st then coach. You got this backwards. Phil is an all time great because of Jordan and Bryant. Don't fall for the hype man.

Know why Jordan could score 50 a night? Pippen was doing everything else. Facilitating, rebounding, guarding the other teams best wing player.

Again Basketball 101. You do NOT put your best player on their best player? Know why? You wear out your best player. And how many SG's were the best player on the team bro? This was the 90's. PF's and Centers ruled still. Also will have you know Jordan SHUT DOWN his man. He played defense like a mutha. Michael Jordan, Gary Payton, Garnett and Bryant share the record for most NBA All-Defensive first team selections with nine. Did you REALLY see Jordan play Gaige?

LeBron does all the Pippen shit AND the scoring outside of the year Kyrie was healthy and couple Wade were.

Are we looking at the same games man? PLUS you said it yourself here...he defers to others WAY too often if he can.

Name LeBron's best coach. I'll wait. Name a player with 3 rings whose played for worse coaches? I'll wait.

League is about players 95% and coach 5% man. Stop with the coach thing.

Jesus. This Jordan shit gets fucking old. He was the beat scorer ever. He had a crazy killer instinct and hated to lose. He wasn't as good at basketball as LeBron. He wasn't a good of a human as LeBron. He wasn't as good of a league ambassador as LeBron.

Lebron absolutely is a better person. Will give you that. I like that he speaks up when he has the platform he has. But dude is still a dink.

Flu game? More like hangover game.

Come on man...These are world class athletes with microscopes on them. You think that was REALLY the case man?

Jordan didn't even respect the goddamn game.

Yeah...he was a stark raving evil drunkard that associated with mobsters that killed his father. And he hated the game of basketball.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Only knocks against Jordan in the Lebron debate (other than him being a douchebag irl) are that Pippen was better than anyone Lebron has played with (in my opinion) and the league was kinda watered down during Jordan's era due to expansion.

Pros for Lebron are that he has played a fucking shitton of basketball in his career and is still going strong.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Only knocks against Jordan in the Lebron debate (other than him being a douchebag irl) are that Pippen was better than anyone Lebron has played with (in my opinion) and the league was kinda watered down during Jordan's era due to expansion.

Pros for Lebron are that he has played a fucking shitton of basketball in his career and is still going strong.

Its not like LeBron has not played with superstars. Wade and Irving immediately come to mind.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
The league's defense wasn't watered down during the Jordan era. You sure as hell didn't see pussy shit like Harden has done for the past few years at any point. People seem to be looking past Brahma's big point. Defense was dirty, rough and constant. Guys didn't take 'rest days' and you sure as hell didn't run down the floor like Lebron just did. Lebron was covered one on one with the game on the line. WTF Raptors? This is how you try to contest the best player on the other team.

Last edited:
  • 1Like