NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Michael Jordan was so good he became an American icon. I wanna be like Mike! LeBron will never be that.

6-0
No teams with Jordan got bronze.
Lebron is going to have to win out for the rest of his career if he wants to match those wins.

• 2Worf
  • 2Cutler
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Career playoff PER will tip into LeBron's favor after this season. Good argument though. You're comparing a guy whose career is over against a guy who is still playing at an MVP level.

Best PER post-seasons (ignoring 2017-2018)
1. LBJ - 37.39, MJ - 32.04
2. MJ - 31.67, LBJ - 31.11
3. LBJ - 30.34, MJ - 30.06
4. LBJ - 30.12, MJ - 29.90
5. LBJ - 29.98, MJ - 28.35
6. LBJ - 28.56, MJ - 28.06
7. LBJ - 28.12, MJ - 27.24

Assuming LeBron finishes this postseason without a drastic drop-off, of their respective 8th best playoff PER stats, Jordan might never "win" head-to-head.

Nice media circus. It's widely known? How many years has LeBron had two superstars on his teams? Kevin Love's been All-NBA 2nd team twice in his career. Chris Bosh was All-NBA 2nd team once. Hardly superstars.

Nothing in this debate always ends the same way unless you're committed to your conclusion before making your argument. I grew up in MJ's era. This era belongs to LeBron. An older era was Wilt's. They're all-time greats, each the best of their generation.

I was basing this last argument on PER stats. I also think Bosh and Love were definitely the third wheel and under-achievers but they still were better than Jordan's next option after Pippen. Just like Wade, Irving, and whoever is next on his list are( and will be) better than Pippen was. Pippen was an elite defender and very versatile when these abilities were a more meaningful part of the game. He still couldn't affect the game like Wade or Kyrie. I agree with the last part. LBJ is the best of this generation and one of the best ever.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Pippen was the second best player in the entire league in the 90s. That's why when MJ went to play baseball they barely missed a beat.

• 3Cutler
Reactions: 2 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Pippen was the second best player in the entire league in the 90s. That's why when MJ went to play baseball they barely missed a beat.

You obviously didn't watch any basketball during the 90s. Barely missed a beat by losing in the second round? You know they also upgraded talent with Kukoc and Kerr right? Hell, the Heat didn't miss a beat without LBJ then in 2015-16. Still finished 3rd in the East. I could do this all day because you don't have a fucking clue. Youtube up some more arguments.

Edit- Actually, I'm done with this.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
So Pippen is clearly better than Olajuwon, Robinson, Oneal, Barkley, Malone etc? Good to know.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
So Pippen is clearly better than Olajuwon, Robinson, Oneal, Barkley, Malone etc? Good to know.
Gaige only knows two things. The legal age to avoid statutory rape and that he loves Lebron.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Cavs cruising to a sweep.

And this same argument is old and tired.

Gaige, the problem with arguing with you about Lebron is you have literally no objectivity when it comes to him. So while it may be true that there are some haters out there, you are such a nut hugger that no matter what is said it won't change your mind either. It's a pointless argument to have with you, and anyone who does it should feel bad about themselves.

• 2Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
There's a few reverse LBJ nut-huggers here too. Just as annoying as LBJ's scyophant. However, anyone who thinks Kyrie was better than Pippen is kind of retarded. Defense does matter.

In non faggotry basketball news, I guess it's time for Toronto to declare their current team dead and go for a major shakeup, unless they're actually happy with the last three years. Regardless of where LBJ goes, I think Boston will be clearly better than them next year and possibly Philly too.

I also think Boston will win this series against LBJ, or at least take it to seven. The coaching divide between the Cavs and Celtics is immense and the Cavs mostly play an LBJ offense while the Celtics actually have a genuine system, which has helped them weather the injuries.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile

Pippen has 6 rings and never lost a Finals.

O'Neal has 4, Barkley 0, Malone 0, Akeem 2, etc etc rings matter being undefeated in the Finals all that.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Shit changes. That's why you can't compare eras. Look at the NFL now compared to the 80s.

It's about protecting the players.

On topic: I hope we get the Cs and not the Sixers.

Sterling

El Presidente
The dude at the end of the bench on the championship team is the 12th best player in the league.

• 2Worf

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
None of this negates calling himself King. He's a douche.

Also I look forward to Durant embarressing him again this year in the finals and showing who the best player in the league is once again.

Is this something a douche would do?

lebron.jpg

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Know what's great about this vid? Dudes are getting fouled hard as shit, and don't say shit, just retaliate on the other end. I forgot about the Ralph Sampson era!

This is the pussy era we live in.

He runs like the little bitch he is.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Lebron is a generational talent. Anyone who denies that does not know basketball.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users