NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Warriors playing like they don't want to be there except Durant.

Szlia

I guess the question is: Can the Rockets choke that lead? Strangest things have happened in playoff basketball.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I really feel like winning tonight only has a bearing on whether Golden State sweeps or not. I don't think Houston has a chance to win the series.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Lol @ "thanks to Paul Gasol" (Btw its Pau, not Paul.) You have to be truly retarded to think Gasol was a bigger part of those championships than Kobe. Which we already knew you were, but hey, thanks for confirming it pretty much every time you post.

Meaning if they don't get gifted that trade Kobe probably isn't a Laker.

• 1Solidarity

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I guess the question is: Can the Rockets choke that lead? Strangest things have happened in playoff basketball.

I think this is probably about as good as Houston can expect things to go.

And yet it still feels like the Warriors have a 50% chance of winning.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I don't see Warriors shooting that poorly from three again. Eric Gordon and PJ Tucker won't combine for 50 points or whatever again either. Warriors will win both in Oakland and Houston might win Game 5.

Szlia

I always find that dribbling for 18 sec and shoot a random 3 is a dumb way to maintain a lead even when there are just a few minutes remaining and you have a 20 points lead.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
You using the "Heat weren't good since Shaq" bit is hilarious. That doesn't give justification for them constructing that team. Basketball is 5 starters. Hey lets take two of the absolute best players in the world and add a borderline Top 10 guy! That is a completely different squad, and one they threw together for obvious reasons. LeBron didn't magically go there to build up some team. You wording makes it seem like LeBron expected to go there and build a team and organization up.. They fully expected to walk into that season and win a title. "Not one, not two, not three..."

And that Miami "big 3" is the first completely player-driven scenario where a team like that was created. Nothing but Free Agency, no trades or anything (at least regarding LeBron & Bosh). At least the Celtics had to involve trades. So yeah, those fuckers get some blame in why the way the league is currently. Was always destined to happen, but they did it first. Congrats, you get some of the blame.

"He has never lost in the first round guys".

In generally, a super-shitty Eastern Conference. Congrats. Good accomplishment, but let's not act like that's some sensational feat.

Btw, I think LeBron is the best player in the world, and quite possibly the 2nd best ever. But damn, the nuthugging is almost religious at this point haha.

Technically Bosh and LeBron were sign and trades.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I don't see Warriors shooting that poorly from three again. Eric Gordon and PJ Tucker won't combine for 50 points or whatever again either. Warriors will win both in Oakland and Houston might win Game 5.

Name that player!

37 minutes, shot 3 for 11, 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 8 points.
Klay
36 minutes, shot 7 for 9, 4 rebounds, 6 assists, 19 points.
Trevor Ariza
33 minutes, shot 8 for 15, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 27 points.
Eric Gordon
27 minutes, shot 2 for 4, 6 rebounds, 5 assists, 5 points.
Andre Igoudala
36 minutes, shot 8 for 9, 7 rebounds, 4 assists, 22 points.
PJ Tucker
37 minutes, shot 2 for 5, 6 rebounds, 6 assists, 6 points.
Draymond

Steph shot 1 for 8 from 3.

This is just the type of game that Houston needed. Maybe they'll get their swagger and the series will be competitive, but I still find it easier to believe this series ends in five games.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Well it's not an NBA playoff series until one game is completely taken over by the refs. Looks like Game 2 was it this series.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Was looking at ESPN today and they reminded me of sports highlights on May 17 in the past. I had to share with my buddies here.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes KD went to a team that was developed. LeBron came and picked who he wanted to play with him. What is your point?

Kobe was a bit of a twat and I never said he was a better person than LeBron but he has certainly gotten to the top of the mountain more often. So uh..thanks for the input and stuff.
Like I said, I really don't care Durant went. But they're not the same thing.

As for Kobe, my point is he called out his organization for not doing what they should've done in surrounding him with reliable talent to compete for a championship. Lebron simply left an organization who never provided him anyone better than Mo Williams. The only reason Kobe remained on the Lakers is because they refused to trade him and eventually got him the talent he so desperately pleaded for (Pau, Odom, Bynum). Who did more with less, LeBron or Kobe? Cause I'm pretty sure LeBron has dragged multiple teams who didn't belong in the finals to the finals.

You're just whitewashing history and trying to diminish LeBron because he left Cleveland. I'm just calling you on your bullshit. And before you even say it, wah wah wah eastern conference, yeah I know.

• 2Solidarity

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Like I said, I really don't care Durant went. But they're not the same thing.

As for Kobe, my point is he called out his organization for not doing what they should've done in surrounding him with reliable talent to compete for a championship. Lebron simply left an organization who never provided him anyone better than Mo Williams. The only reason Kobe remained on the Lakers is because they refused to trade him and eventually got him the talent he so desperately pleaded for (Pau, Odom, Bynum). Who did more with less, LeBron or Kobe? Cause I'm pretty sure LeBron has dragged multiple teams who didn't belong in the finals to the finals.

You're just whitewashing history and trying to diminish LeBron because he left Cleveland. I'm just calling you on your bullshit. And before you even say it, wah wah wah eastern conference, yeah I know.

Its easier to bounce from one good team to another. Its not as easy to win repeated championships with the same team.

As for whitewashing I dont care that LeBron left and your entire argument about Kobe basically comes down to what if. The fact is he won 5 championships on the same team which is harder.

If you want to talk about the land of make believe and role play where Kobe leaves and LeBron is the greatest we can.

• 2Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
You using the "Heat weren't good since Shaq" bit is hilarious. That doesn't give justification for them constructing that team. Basketball is 5 starters. Hey lets take two of the absolute best players in the world and add a borderline Top 10 guy! That is a completely different squad, and one they threw together for obvious reasons. LeBron didn't magically go there to build up some team. You wording makes it seem like LeBron expected to go there and build a team and organization up.. They fully expected to walk into that season and win a title. "Not one, not two, not three..."

And that Miami "big 3" is the first completely player-driven scenario where a team like that was created. Nothing but Free Agency, no trades or anything (at least regarding LeBron & Bosh). At least the Celtics had to involve trades. So yeah, those fuckers get some blame in why the way the league is currently. Was always destined to happen, but they did it first. Congrats, you get some of the blame.

"He has never lost in the first round guys".

In generally, a super-shitty Eastern Conference. Congrats. Good accomplishment, but let's not act like that's some sensational feat.

Btw, I think LeBron is the best player in the world, and quite possibly the 2nd best ever. But damn, the nuthugging is almost religious at this point haha.

You're forgetting LeBron went to Wade's team, proving he was beta to not even the top shooting guard at the time

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Its easier to bounce from one good team to another. Its not as easy to win repeated championships with the same team.

As for whitewashing I dont care that LeBron left and your entire argument about Kobe basically comes down to what if. The fact is he won 5 championships on the same team which is harder.

If you want to talk about the land of make believe and role play where Kobe leaves and LeBron is the greatest we can.

Bill Russell won 11 on the same team. GOAT by your standards.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Actually, there was a trade with LeBron going to the Heat. He did a sign and trade from Cavs to Heat so the Cavs could get some draft picks and trade exemption compensation. Of course, it was for picks 2 years down the road from when the trade happened, but they did at least get some compensation for him. It just seemed like they wanted a little window first without giving anything up.

Technically Bosh and LeBron were sign and trades.

Post-Free Agency decision trades, they were going regardless. Not quite the same, but duly noted.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider

Except that's not really true, as most teams who have won a chip over the last 30 years went on to win multiple titles. Even if we ignore the 80s Celtics/Lakers/Pistons dominance, you get Bulls, Rockets, Spurs, Lakers, Heat, Warriors. The only non-dynastic teams (one-and-done let's say) were the 04 Pistons, 06 Heat, 08 Celtics, and 11 Mavericks, with the Heat and Celtics both having major superstars join an already established superstar to win a title. So if anything, it's easier to win multiple championships with the same core team than to move from one team and win again, wouldn't you say? The only other superstar that immediately comes to mind is Shaq winning with the Heat in 06, but I could be wrong here.

And you're completely missing the point regarding Kobe. But that's fine.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Except that's not really true, as most teams who have won a chip over the last 30 years went on to win multiple titles. Even if we ignore the 80s Celtics/Lakers/Pistons dominance, you get Bulls, Rockets, Spurs, Lakers, Heat, Warriors. The only non-dynastic teams (one-and-done let's say) were the 04 Pistons, 06 Heat, 08 Celtics, and 11 Mavericks, with the Heat and Celtics both having major superstars join an already established superstar to win a title. So if anything, it's easier to win multiple championships with the same core team than to move from one team and win again, wouldn't you say? The only other superstar that immediately comes to mind is Shaq winning with the Heat in 06, but I could be wrong here.

And you're completely missing the point regarding Kobe. But that's fine.

Kareem Abdul-Jabaar. Bucks 1971 Champions. And then, of course, Show Time.
Wilt Chamberlain. Sixers and Lakers.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
You missed my poiny about Kobe. He won more chips.

LeBron clearly disagrees with you that its easier to win on the same team or he would not have moved so much.

• 1Like