NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
"Maybe Lions or Cards in football"

Uhhh...Browns? Cleveland sports are brutal.

Even with things being different, they won one in 1964. They are close to the Lions but not quite as long of a drought.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider

Can't imagine Phoenix wanting to do that. With the #1 pick they have their choice of a couple guys that I think will be as good as Towns. The big difference is the guy you get with the pick will be under the first year of their rookie contract. Towns is a restricted FA next offseason, same time as Booker. So their payroll flexibility would die in one summer. Not bad players to build around, I just think you'd much prefer to take the younger guy and stagger things out for flexibility.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'd say you are a bit retarded but I've seen your posts in the NFL thread and already know it. Just to get this out of the way first. The jersey you wear...doesn't affect wins. We've seen in the past decade...Red Sox win it all, Cubs win it all, Cavs win it all. If you want to talk long droughts... talk to the Kings, Suns, or Hawks. Maybe the Lions or Cards in football. Definitely the Indians. Cavs were no where close in that discussion of snake bit, desperate teams. Next...

Thankfully, James didn't just hang his hat or we'd miss maybe another decade of brilliance. He didn't think that one was enough either...or the two previous. So why would we? You don't get to be GOAT from one season. That's....whew boy. What can I say? The current Warriors team is better for one. Four superstars always trumps three. Two, one championship(or even three) is hard to hang your hat on when one guy has over 10. Or one guy never lost, etc, etc, etc. You can put him in the discussion but your statement tops the cake in not only this thread...but competes for the whole site. Now, that's EPIC!

How about the Caps or even the Blues in hockey

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Can't imagine Phoenix wanting to do that. With the #1 pick they have their choice of a couple guys that I think will be as good as Towns. The big difference is the guy you get with the pick will be under the first year of their rookie contract. Towns is a restricted FA next offseason, same time as Booker. So their payroll flexibility would die in one summer. Not bad players to build around, I just think you'd much prefer to take the younger guy and stagger things out for flexibility.

Good chance that Ayton can be a similar player to Towns -- really good offensive player, great rebounder, and not a great defender. That being said, even if it appears likely, you never know. KAT is still a big-time young player, who should be one of the best players in the game for many years to come. Plus he plays with a great motor, something Ayton has been knocked for, a questionable motor. Not to mention Towns has proven to stay healthy, which is always a concern for big men coming into the league.

Towns is the sure thing, Ayton is not. But the better contract situation etc are major points as well. I don't think the Suns can go wrong either way. I also don't think it'd be crazy to see them opt for a sure young superstar in Towns over an ultra-talented prospect you are hoping will be Towns.

Still throw my chips that the Suns hold onto the #1 pick, because Towns ultimately, won't be available. But interesting development nonetheless.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
It would appear that Boston forgot they were in the playoffs. This is going to be a blowout

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Both these teams play better at home.

Cavs are shooting well (after a terrible first two games, they had what a 45% eFG on UNCONTESTED SHOTS?), playing good defense, and hustling on both sides of the ball.

Celtics are missing shots, making bad decisions, and getting out-hustled.

Not a big surprise to see as both teams regress to the mean. Home team is playing well, away team isn't – it's the same we saw in Boston.

If the Cavs can maintain this energy it'd be a shock if they didn't return to the Finals.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
A fully engaged Cavs team would be fun to see go against Houston. No amount of energy or hustle would make the Warriors series fun. Maybe if Curry goes out with an injury and one of their other dudes gets a nagging injury it could be competitive for 6 games.

Tonight's game is how I expected the series to go. Cavs haven't played great, just embarrassing the talent differential between the rosters. Times like this also have me wondering if Ty Lue might be one of the game's better coaches.

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users
Wow. I was out all night and work (SEAL support) meant I could not check in on game. WTF happened to the Celtics? Carriage turned into a pumpkin?

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
They suck on the road. They don't have a superstar to lean on in those situations. Shooting %s regressed more towards the averages.

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Im talking about Lebrons legacy.

His 2016 triumph pretty much makes his credentials bullet proof, whether he adds to it or not. What the fuck is hard to understand about that?

• 1Solidarity

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Im talking about Lebrons legacy.

His 2016 triumph pretty much makes his credentials bullet proof, whether he adds to it or not. What the fuck is hard to understand about that?

Its not hard to understand. Its just retarded like most of your statements.

• 2Worf

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Most of the critics I listened to had the Cavs winning at home and the Celtics doing the same thing to take the series.

Also I have about as much interest in seeing the Cavs in the finals as I do the Warriors. Wouls be great if neither team made it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I feel like Cavs vs Rockets has the potential for the most interesting matchup, though I'm not sure that's saying much.

I still think the Celtics end up winning this series, but I don't think they'll compete too well against either West team.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How is that statement retarded? LeBron has played FIFTEEN seasons.

His career is in its final stages, his resume is almost figured out, the pieces of the puzzle are almost all in place.

He has one final act after he signs somewhere this summer, but if he doesn't win this year, or ever again, his legacy is still secured.

He will still go down as the 2nd best player of all time and will forever be known for vanquishing that epic Warriors team and lifting Cleveland to a title.

Instead of coming with some pussy ad hominem shit why don't you argue against my statement with some actual reasoning why I'm wrong?

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
How is that statement retarded? LeBron has played FIFTEEN seasons.

His career is in its final stages, his resume is almost figured out, the pieces of the puzzle are almost all in place.

He has one final act after he signs somewhere this summer, but if he doesn't win this year, or ever again, his legacy is still secured.

He will still go down as the 2nd best player of all time and will forever be known for vanquishing that epic Warriors team and lifting Cleveland to a title.

Instead of coming with some pussy ad hominem shit why don't you argue against my statement with some actual reasoning why I'm wrong?

Good post

• 2Like