NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Now we get to watch the Cavs crush Boston back in Cleveland in Game 6. Never seen a team like Boston in how their play swings so much home v. road.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Tatum might be better than Donovan Mitchell.

Mitchell is more explosive, and a better athlete, but thats about it. Tatum lead the league in 3pt shooting % for a stretch of the season, can create his own shot against ANY defender in the NBA, is better defensively (just slightly, because of his length) gets to the FT line more often, and is cold blooded, as he doesnt seem to feel pressure or look rattled on the biggest stage.

I think Tatum would have went 1 overall if they redid the draft, with Mitchell 2. I feel bad for Fultz, but Ainge could of took him, seen something he didnt like, traded out of that spot, and then lands the true number 1 in the draft. Ainge is a wizard.

• 1Solidarity

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Tatum might be better than Donovan Mitchell.

Mitchell is more explosive, and a better athlete, but thats about it. Tatum lead the league in 3pt shooting % for a stretch of the season, can create his own shot against ANY defender in the NBA, is better defensively (just slightly, because of his length) gets to the FT line more often, and is cold blooded, as he doesnt seem to feel pressure or look rattled on the biggest stage.

I think Tatum would have went 1 overall if they redid the draft, with Mitchell 2. I feel bad for Fultz, but Ainge could of took him, seen something he didnt like, traded out of that spot, and then lands the true number 1 in the draft. Ainge is a wizard.
I really like them both. The amount of talent thats been infused into the league over the last 2 years is pretty unreal. I feel like there are more teams now that have the starting pieces to be contenders than there have been in a while.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I feel like you're splitting hairs with Mitchell and Tatum, especially in their rookie seasons. Couldn't have gone wrong with either guy. Fultz is another story, but again just a rookie -- plenty of time for him to develop.

He really knows how to play up the moment. He knows exactly what he's doing. Media gobbles that shit up.

There is a part of me which thinks, you and Ameraves are of course 100% correct.

But there is another part of me which knows, Bron-Bron has a lot of miles on those legs, and even a player as disciplined and focused as him is going to get .... old.

Either way, whenever I am feeling down, I just go on youtube and watch LeBron clips. They work better than pictures of kittens and puppies to me.

Szlia

This is the most bizarre match of "basketball." Houston is at what? 876 3 points attempts in one half?

• 1Picard

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Warriors finally got back to ball movement halfway through the second. Need a classic third quarter explosion and actually keep the lead this time. Shit is nerve wracking.

Golden State Warriors are America's Team. I'll you what, Tom Landry would have been proud to coach 'em. Drew Pearson himself said he liked Draymond Greene. Good enough for me.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Straight outcoached. Can't even win with Harden hitting zero threes. Garbage.

• 2Like

Szlia

A bit cruel for Green to be the guy to fumble after putting his team in contention with a couple great plays.

• 2Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Pretty crazy to have those possessions with under a minute left and neither Durant nor Curry has an attempt.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Great series, great game. Will be fucking pissed if CP3 is out for the series, he balled out tonight. His shimmy in stephs face was amazing

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
All-NBA teams came out today. Who are the 37 voters who thought KD wasn't one of the best players in the NBA? And Steph only got TWO first-team votes and 39 second-team votes? Westbrook follows up an MVP season with similar stats and only 24 first-team votes, 13 third-team votes.

• 1Solidarity