NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Steph missed a lot of games due to injury, can understand him not getting a lot of votes. Westbrook had nearly the same stats as last year but he didn't get any more wins with Paul George added. Voters gave him the triple double award last year, but this year his stats needed to mean more in the W column for him to get rewarded, and they didn't.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
All-NBA teams came out today. Who are the 37 voters who thought KD wasn't one of the best players in the NBA? And Steph only got TWO first-team votes and 39 second-team votes? Westbrook follows up an MVP season with similar stats and only 24 first-team votes, 13 third-team votes.
Westbrook sucks, I don't care what the stats say.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Westbrook sucks, I don't care what the stats say.

Whatever your opinion is aside, the very same voters who gave him the MVP award last year find him a second-team All-NBA player for a similar campaign. There's always gripes to be made about All-NBA, but Westbrook is in my top 3 complaints about the voting (mostly based on these people outrageously giving him an MVP).

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I honestly don't think the Warriors are going to be able to pull it off this year. I think Houston has their number.

I am actually hoping for a Celtics vs Rockets final. That would be fun

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I honestly don't think the Warriors are going to be able to pull it off this year. I think Houston has their number.

I am actually hoping for a Celtics vs Rockets final. That would be fun

That was my hope as well since FA and trades happened. Still crossing fingers.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
If CP3 misses the rest of the series it's probably over for the Rockets. He's been their best player. Great defense and clutch offense. Harden - as usual come playoff time - has been mostly garbage. Outside of Game 1 (a loss) he's been pretty ineffective.

Now watch Eric Gordon score 45 tomorrow.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Warriors are playing like shit. They don't deserve to win if they play the next two games like this. Durant needs to step up. He has been silent the last two games.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Durant needs to stop playing like Westbrook in close games. He's going all hero ball and forgetting that he has phenomenal teammates that he can share the ball with. Almost every time the ball lands in KD's hands the ball movement stops completely and he goes iso. He has zero assists. Kerr needs to work on getting others involved more. The bench scoring a whopping four points won't earn many wins. Really hope Iggy is back tomorrow. He's such a great facilitator.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Durant needs to stop playing like Westbrook in close games. He's going all hero ball and forgetting that he has phenomenal teammates that he can share the ball with. Almost every time the ball lands in KD's hands the ball movement stops completely and he goes iso. He has zero assists. Kerr needs to work on getting others involved more. The bench scoring a whopping four points won't earn many wins. Really hope Iggy is back tomorrow. He's such a great facilitator.

They need more plays like giving the ball to Quinn Cook when you're down by 1 and playing 5 on 4

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
If Quinn Cook hits that shot everybody is calling Kerr a genius. He seems to have a soft spot for small shooters such as he was that can't do much else, especially underdogs. Last year it was Ian Clark, and there were a lot of times where I really questioned Kerr playing him, but by the end of the run you had to say it was a good choice to keep putting him out there. Of course the difference is Quinn Cook was in the D league for most of the season, hadn't played many significant minutes in the playoffs thus far...

Even with Paul out, not too confident. Harden has had bad games two out of the last 3, he's due to have a monster. Even if Iguodala comes back he may not be as effective. The offense is so ugly, but if Kerr had the answers you'd think he would have shown in last night. Wtb pick and rolls.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Cleveland settling for too many mid-range jumpers. Boston defense is preventing drives. LeBron not attacking.

If Tristan and JR continue to hustle, they might stay close enough to make this a game.

Gonna repost this

2a4c4i.jpg

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Noticed a lot of LeBron resting tonight. He spent some possessions standing close to the half court line.

Game 7 in Boston. Will the young Celtics bounce back to go into the Finals undefeated at home? Might LeBron put up 60?