NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Anyone else feel like the 7 game match up is bullshit for ad revenue? Both teams alternated throwing out those first three games. What a waste of my time. Either team could win tonight and it won't matter dick. It'll go 3-3 like it has damn near every year, with every match up.

• 2Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I think anyone counting out the Rockets already are totally crazy. Of course I still think it is likely that the Warriors win, but the Rockets have shown they can clearly hang with them.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
With the Finals MVP injured, the talent discrepancy get smaller.

Best 2 out of 3 now as the series moves to Houston.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Anyone else feel like the 7 game match up is bullshit for ad revenue? Both teams alternated throwing out those first three games. What a waste of my time. Either team could win tonight and it won't matter dick. It'll go 3-3 like it has damn near every year, with every match up.

There were like 2 game 7s all of last year and like 2 this entire playoffs, so no. Unless the teams are somewhat evenly matched its usally 5 games, but im sure most figured this series was 6 games at the very minimum from the start. If you dont think the rockets taking one from gs at home matters then idk what to tell you.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Houston's defense was lockdown in the fourth. The lack of ball movement in the losses has been telling. Warriors are not an iso team and they keep going to it when down so far in this series. And that only works when Durant is unconscious. Concern has moved from slightly to moderately. I called Dubs in six at the start and I'm going to stick by that. But it's the Houston defense - not the offense - that has me worried.

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
Great game last night. If things end up like they probably will I hope Lebron ends up in Houston next year.

Here's some Gaige bait.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Great game last night. If things end up like they probably will I hope Lebron ends up in Houston next year.

Here's some Gaige bait.

His argument is nonsensical all he's pointing out is defenses were vastly more effective back then that you could make teams around it

hand checking and no defensive 3 second foul there's no argument it was easier to defend people then.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
People waking up to the true power of the three point shot forces defenses to be stretched way more than they used to be. You could add back hand checking and remove defensive three seconds and defenses would still be worse because of that.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hand checking was over-rated anyway, I remember the year they changed it to a forearm, and instead guys would just do the ol' touch and push, where they quickly put a hand out, barely grazing the offensive player, (refs wont call that) and then giving him a forearm shiv if he turned his back to post up(again, refs dont call that). If a guy with the ball goes ISO time on your ass, hand checking doesnt make any fucking difference as you need both arms out to defend properly.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
The zone/help defenses teams run today were illegal defense back then. Most possessions now involve most players when back then you had 2-3 dudes standing around. You'd have people draw their bigs out of the paint and then have people posting up on guards and shit. People talk about how much better defense was back then, but points per possession is basically the same in both eras.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
1000%. He'll never be Lebron (at 250 or 265 lol), but he can definitely put on a solid 10-20 pounds in the offseason imo (maybe 2 offseason, but still).

He came into the league at 225 and is 240 now. A guy that tall and lanky would have to put on around 25lbs before you'd even notice. There's also not much to gain with his style of basketball where being bigger/stronger will help him vs the extra fatigue of carrying that extra weight around.

• 3Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I think anyone counting out the Rockets already are totally crazy. Of course I still think it is likely that the Warriors win, but the Rockets have shown they can clearly hang with them.

People underestimate how big of a role random chance plays on teams that rely on deep shooting like Hou and GS do. Both teams have been blown out because one team was hot or cold.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Boston defense is on point tonight. Cavs with some unforced turnovers and missing shots they should make and Celtics have been hot offensively. Home Boston team meets Away Cleveland. There isn't a glaring effort discrepancy tonight so that's something for the Cavs to be proud of?

Not fun basketball.