NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I said it when it happened and I'll say it again.. I wish the Cavs would have traded Lebron over Kyrie. Such is the NBA.
Pretty sure he has a no trade clause in his contract, so he would have had to agree to it. Who knows how much more of a pain that may have been

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
Russell Westbrook recorded 42 triple doubles last year.

Forty two.

Just wanted to leave that here and let it marinate a little longer because I still feel like it didn't happen.
I got sucked into the Oscar Robertson watch and watched a bunch of Thunder games last year. What a bunch of bullshit.

It was comical watching Kanter and the rest of his teammates box out so Russ could vulture defensive rebounds. Dude finished 5th in the NBA in DRBs and sticks out like a sore thumb amidst a sea of 4s and 5s in the top 20.

Harden was the offensive MVP last season and you could've made a strong case for Kawhi overall if you considered both offense and defense.

I'm not sure Westbrook is even the best player on his own team - George is easily better defensively - and I'm not surprised OKC is still a lower-seed team (currently 7th) despite adding 2 "all-stars" (quotes for Carmelo) given the nature of Westbrook's game.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What if Rose was able to handle 38 minutes a night and turned in a vintage performance down the stretch?

That's the only thing that could have been going through Thibs' mind for him to bring him in.

Junky

Lord Nagafen Raider
U can tell how much the Wolves miss Butler...Wiggins is complete trash atm. KAT needs to take the diapers off and man the fuck up. Thibs really is burning the house down with the D Rose signing.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
U can tell how much the Wolves miss Butler...Wiggins is complete trash atm. KAT needs to take the diapers off and man the fuck up. Thibs really is burning the house down with the D Rose signing.

You need to ask Thibs that because he just loves to let Wiggins have free reign and if that isn't working he'll try to run the offense through Teague/Crawford. Another problem is Teague has problems feeding KAT the ball. He's very piss poor at it.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I think one of the saddest things about Rose's game is that even with all that injury and rehab time, his three point shot hasn't gotten any better.

DickTrickle

Some fun stuff, this season. Who would have expected the Blazers at #3 and the Pelicans missing Boogie half the season at #4? I realize there's not much separation between #3 and #10, but that's still a pretty big surprise.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm already scheduled to be in NOLA for Jazz Fest the first weekend of May. Very possible for Pelicans and Warriors to be matched up against each other for the second round. I would absolutely go see the Warriors in NOLA for a playoff game. Going with a friend who is a Warriors season ticket holder as well.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Issue with saying LeBron isn't making it out of the East is the fact that Toronto and Boston usually suck complete assholes in the playoffs. It might be different this year but I doubt it.

DickTrickle

For the moment, the Spurs are out of the playoffs. Sure, they're two games back of fourth place, but still... shows you just how valuable Kawhi was.

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
This kid is amazing. Simmons will win ROTY, but my god Mitchell just does magic almost every night.

First this the other night:

And then this tonight:

• 1Solidarity

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Chris Paul just needs 7000ish more assists to get to Stockton's assists. Let's check steals.

Oh.

skrala

Silver Knight of the Realm
This kid is amazing. Simmons will win ROTY, but my god Mitchell just does magic almost every night.

They've both been pretty incredible. Simmons last night became the third player in NBA history to have 1000/500/500 in his rookie season, joining Magic and Oscar Robertson.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
I dunno, maybe Chris Paul will play to the age of 48 and break these records.

Love checking young NBA fans on this particular stat(s). A majority of fans old and young can ID Stockton as the assist leader but don't know he is leader in steals too. To be an all time leader in 2 of the 5 major statistical categories is not appreciated enough.

• 1Like