NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sterling

El Presidente
Lebron shoots 16/29, 42/10/12, but he went 5/10 from the stripe. He hits 3 more FTs and they only lose by 10!

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's come full circle where the LeBron haters are now more annoying than the LeBron dickriders.

I'm sure someone will say today "Michael Jordan never would've let that happen!"

• 2Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
It's come full circle where the LeBron haters are now more annoying than the LeBron dickriders.

I'm sure someone will say today "Michael Jordan never would've let that happen!"
Yeah, there's some fucked up shit happening if people are making me take a position in the NBA thread that's closer to Gaige's side. That's not right.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Lebron played really well last night but I feel like the Cav's gave up and the Celtics kept fighting in the 4th. We will have to see how they respond in game 3 but I would not count Lebron out yet even though I would love for him to get swept. He would then bounce to his 3rd team for another chance to win while his fans shit on Durant for following in his footsteps like the hypocrite retards they are.

• 1Solidarity

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I don't think Lebron ever went to a team that was good as the one KD went to. Still, either both should be criticized or neither should.

• 3Like

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
It literally looked like outside of Bron, Love, and Korver, no one on the Cavs really cared or understood the situation they're in. Which is honestly pathetic.

• 3Like

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Lebron played really well last night but I feel like the Cav's gave up and the Celtics kept fighting in the 4th. We will have to see how they respond in game 3 but I would not count Lebron out yet even though I would love for him to get swept. He would then bounce to his 3rd team for another chance to win while his fans shit on Durant for following in his footsteps like the hypocrite retards they are.

No trolling no bullshit honestly tell me what you think he should do?

Just lose, resign with Cleveland and keep losing? Put up efficient triple doubles and lose. Lead both teams in every stat that matters and lose.

What can he do to all his haters that will shut them up? Anything?

Sterling

El Presidente

Just lose, resign with Cleveland and keep losing? Put up efficient triple doubles and lose. Lead both teams in every stat that matters and lose.

He should go to the Spurs and convince Chris Paul to go as well. Would get to play with an alltime great coach and give those shitbirds in Oakland a taste of their own medicine.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>

I honestly do not care where he goes and never have. It is the double standard and pass he gets because he is Lebron that bothers me. He can go to the Spurs and make yet another super team, like he did in Miami and back in Cleveland. It does not bother me at all. Just don't bitch about Durant when Lebron was doing that for years before him. Not to mention the Warriors got a ton of their talent through the draft unlike the Cav's. I also think the Warriors would beat the Cavs even with Curry or Durant out. They are just better. The Cavs have gotten lazy and are no longer hungry. You could see it in the way they played last night. Lebron was garbage tier in the 3rd quarter. This kind of checking out makes me wonder if Lebron is honestly even as good as Kobe was. Kobe had that fire and was not lazy because it was hard to win. That is how you get 5 championships with out bouncing from team to team.

• 3Like

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
RE JORDAN,,, i remember a playoff game against the Celtics that jordan scored 63 and Lost (double over time in 1986) Bird also was great in that game(36 points)..just not as good as Jordan was. one stretch at the end they were going shot for shot...bam jordan, bam bird --like 5-6 shots in a row each.

wilt chamberlain scored 78 points in a loss vs the lakers in 1962 he also scored 100 in a win vs knicks in 62.... regular season though.
kobe did 81 one game in 2005-2006

damn david robinson had a 71pt game...

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
He should go to the Spurs and convince Chris Paul to go as well. Would get to play with an alltime great coach and give those shitbirds in Oakland a taste of their own medicine.

Whats their own medicine? Growing a great team in as organic a way as you can, after 30 years of shit to mediocrity, and finally landing a big FA for once in their history? Cry me a fucking river. Landing Duncan the year Robinson went down was one of the greatest gifts any franchise ever had, and it was only followed by 15+ years of more fortune. Enjoy a few years of the shit coming your way like all fans should have to endure from time to time.

• 3Like

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider

Wouldn't know because Jordan Bulls teams never played like this during their nineties run. Natch. The problem with Lebron isn't really anything on the court aside from the fact that these Cavs teams have to play ISO ball with him (also see Harden and the Rockets), but rather that he is playing mini GM in Cleveland and basically put the Cavs in the spot that they don't have a functional team without him playing his A game. Hell they don't even have a functional team sometimes when he is playing up to snuff. Stuff like him lobbying for TT and JR to get overpaid.

edit: The Warriors are how you do things right. Draft well, develop well, pull the trigger on a coaching change when you know that your guys are almost there but something is just missing. The Durant signing for both him and the Warriors isn't some dirty NBA ruining conspiracy. He just followed in Bron's footsteps. Luckily for KD Curry/Klay/Green are even better then Wade/Bosh were respective to the teams they are playing against.

• 1Like
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I think he should have fought harder to have Kyrie stay. Personally I'd like to see him stay in Cleveland and keep trying there, but I'm not sure how much of the current team he'd want to blow up and/or who you get to replace.

• 1Like

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Celtics are another team doing it right..

kyrie & Hayward healthy With this Current Crop of Players = VERY VERY good for several years (depending on injuries & signing kyrie long term)

they have a Very good shot at beating cleveland, and a decent chance at beating the warriors...not a great chance, but decent...

DickTrickle

Lol, they have zero chance of beating the warriors. But as I said before the series, I think they take the Cavs.

DickTrickle

Wouldn't know because Jordan Bulls teams never played like this during their nineties run. Natch. The problem with Lebron isn't really anything on the court aside from the fact that these Cavs teams have to play ISO ball with him (also see Harden and the Rockets), but rather that he is playing mini GM in Cleveland and basically put the Cavs in the spot that they don't have a functional team without him playing his A game. Hell they don't even have a functional team sometimes when he is playing up to snuff. Stuff like him lobbying for TT and JR to get overpaid.

edit: The Warriors are how you do things right. Draft well, develop well, pull the trigger on a coaching change when you know that your guys are almost there but something is just missing. The Durant signing for both him and the Warriors isn't some dirty NBA ruining conspiracy. He just followed in Bron's footsteps. Luckily for KD Curry/Klay/Green are even better then Wade/Bosh were respective to the teams they are playing against.

The one time he had a strong coach was when he was most successful (Miami). Lue is too enamored with his star to develop a functional full team system.

The bulls always had that. It's why they still won 57 games without Jordan. All the players have a role. The Lue and Brown LeBron teams did too much standing and watching and that's on the coach the most. The isolation shit can take you far but there are limits, as the rockets are also seeing.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I honestly do not care where he goes and never have. It is the double standard and pass he gets because he is Lebron that bothers me. He can go to the Spurs and make yet another super team, like he did in Miami and back in Cleveland. It does not bother me at all. Just don't bitch about Durant when Lebron was doing that for years before him. Not to mention the Warriors got a ton of their talent through the draft unlike the Cav's. I also think the Warriors would beat the Cavs even with Curry or Durant out. They are just better. The Cavs have gotten lazy and are no longer hungry. You could see it in the way they played last night. Lebron was garbage tier in the 3rd quarter. This kind of checking out makes me wonder if Lebron is honestly even as good as Kobe was. Kobe had that fire and was not lazy because it was hard to win. That is how you get 5 championships with out bouncing from team to team.
Let's not romanticize Kobe's relationship with the Lakers. He went on the radio and demanded a trade because his organization had fallen into complete shit. They just refused to and happened to build a decent team around him for him to make another 2 runs at the chip. If Kobe was surrounded by this current cast you really think he wouldn't be bitching to the media about it? Stop.

And what LeBron did and what KD did were two different things. Even so, I don't really care that KD went to the Warriors. Fuck, I'd want to win championships too. The main problem with KD now is this tough-guy act he's putting on while being the skinniest dude in the league. The technicals and the barking, etc. makes him so fucking unlikable since he joined the Warriors.

Harden is worse, though. He's literally the least enjoyable star I've ever watched. I want him to lose just because I don't want to be forced to watch him play anymore. Does anyone else feel like this? I hate everything about his game.

• 1Solidarity

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Let's not romanticize Kobe's relationship with the Lakers. He went on the radio and demanded a trade because his organization had fallen into complete shit. They just refused to and happened to build a decent team around him for him to make another 2 runs at the chip. If Kobe was surrounded by this current cast you really think he wouldn't be bitching to the media about it? Stop.

And what LeBron did and what KD did were two different things. Even so, I don't really care that KD went to the Warriors. Fuck, I'd want to win championships too. The main problem with KD now is this tough-guy act he's putting on while being the skinniest dude in the league. The technicals and the barking, etc. makes him so fucking unlikable since he joined the Warriors.

Harden is worse, though. He's literally the least enjoyable star I've ever watched. I want him to lose just because I don't want to be forced to watch him play anymore. Does anyone else feel like this? I hate everything about his game.
Yes KD went to a team that was developed. LeBron came and picked who he wanted to play with him. What is your point?

Kobe was a bit of a twat and I never said he was a better person than LeBron but he has certainly gotten to the top of the mountain more often. So uh..thanks for the input and stuff.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
And what LeBron did and what KD did were two different things.

The differences being, one guy did it first, and set the standard for the "super team" idea. That same guy left the team with the best record in the NBA two years running, which happened to be his home town team that drafted him #1 overall. Neither move is one a guy makes who thinks he can be "the man" and lead a team to a championship on his own. But those are the major differences between the two moves.

I dislike watching Harden as well, but was really hoping they could at least push the Warriors. We'll see but it's not looking good.

• 1Like