NBA 2019-2020 Season: Kawhi Saved Us

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Yes. More than half of it. Talking about how brave the athletes are for wearing pre-approved slogans on their backs. It is asinine.

I haven't been watching, obviously, and assumed it was mostly just pre-game or half-time bullshit and commercials the same way that chatter has always been bullshit. But the propaganda and messaging being that large a part of the commentary? WTF! Didn't know it was that bad. Though they'd at least try not to alter the actual product and viewing experience quite that much.

Might actually start watching now. Same way I only started watching award shows when they started getting very stupidly and ironically political and how True Detective got more entertaining the worse season two got. Sucks for people still thinking they can just enjoy the game and separate the politics, though.

Almost makes me feel bad I've been such a dick about it, because I just thought it was just random dumb things worth teasing about, not a full court press of propaganda and brainwashing.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I haven't watched any NBA but that commentary hasn't been in baseball. At least in the Reds games.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, other than the occasional splash screen, MLB has been fine.

I thought the NBA thing was overblown, but holy shit it is nearly every 10 minutes they talk about it...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
We are in a cold war with China. The NBA is in bed with the CCP while they lecture you about oppression and racism. China is the most oppressive and racist country on this planet of Earth.

Being in bed with China is tantamount to being in bed with Nazi Germany. I strongly urge people to stop watching the NBA until they cut ties with the CCP. Stop buying anything made by Nike while you’re at it.

It’s virtually impossible to go cold turkey when it comes to buying any products from China, but every American should try to limit it as best they can until alternatives become available. Do not use Zoom or any other CCP software.

Fuck the CCP, fuck Xi Jinping, and fuck anyone that supports them.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Earlier this year I finally sacked up and decided to go well out of my way to avoid giving ESPN/NBA money. It might not be much, but it's the least I can do. I plan on doing the same with the NFL, even though it won't be as bad. Going as far to at least really urge people around me to do the same, with some success. Sounds crazy, but it looks like there might be a legitimate response and decline towards these sports.

And it's still, fuck the CCP.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
All sports need to keep politics out of the game. Every day is about BLM and Covid shit. People need an escape. Seeing the same shit in sports is going to cost them viewers.

Fadaar

That guy
The shitty part is these leagues get such an absurd amount of money from TV contracts and advertising that even if we as individuals don't give them a dime they can keep on trucking no problem.

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
China money is so good for the NBA they don't need to care about American fans, or America.

I think merch sales do still matter, though. If the shoe and clothing brands start taking a big enough hit from sports being anti-American BLM propaganda maybe there will be pushback. Probably won't happen, though, people love their stuff and are soft and brainwashed.

If China tensions became a hot war who would all these BLM supporters and hyper liberal corporations and up supporting? What about NBA fans? On the one hand, you have the patriotic struggle. On the other hand China will keep feeding the market their slave-made goods and still pay salaries of your favorite black NBA stars. I

But what am I even saying, it's just sports, right.

Fadaar

That guy
Need a legit plague to wipe China's population by about half to knock them down a few pegs

Zzen

Potato del Grande
It’s tough to imagine ever being able to take this sport seriously again.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Truth!

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Even if you watch the 5 minute YouTube highlights you will get insights to how player Xs message is this - like dudes are only scoring during this highlight reel and announcers are still talking social justice while motherfuckers are reverse dunking

bring back Marv Albert and his leather boys, YUSSS

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Jesus, Luka is just absolutely fucking next level. Dude just absolutely dominated that game against the Bucks with the MVP on the court. It's only a matter of time before he runs rough-shot on this league. Please Cuban, get this guy some starting talent to put around him!

Luka - 36 pts, 19 ast, 14 reb

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Jesus, Luka is just absolutely fucking next level. Dude just absolutely dominated that game against the Bucks with the MVP on the court. It's only a matter of time before he runs rough-shot on this league. Please Cuban, get this guy some starting talent to put around him!

Luka - 36 pts, 19 ast, 14 reb

He was superb tonight, craziest thing about that line is he legit should have gotten like 25 assists minimum. Cold as fuck from 3. Best game I’ve seen from a maverick in.... ever? Against best team and d in league too.

He’s my favorite player in the league to watch. Just fun. Plus he’s a really likeable kid. Still think mavs get rolled by clips, but we have a superstar.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
He’s my favorite player in the league to watch. Just fun. Plus he’s a really likeable kid. Still think mavs get rolled by clips, but we have a superstar.

And he is 21.

Yeah, Clippers will roll them, and that's fine. Clippers really should destroy this league for the next two years.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I just hope the message on his jersey can finally bring equality for African Americans in Slovenia. Or do a lot of BLM speak Slovenian? I dunno, it's confusing having very rich foreign athletes in America kneeling during our anthem. Seems disrespectful, doesn't it, because what relevance does it all have to them? And if they're just doing it to fit in, then sorta proves BLM is just a fad and marketing ploy at this point, no? Most people sell out to get rich, but these dumb fucks don't realize they have enough money to not have to sell out anymore. But yeah, great basketballing, though it all feels a bit exibitiony.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Luka is already a prospect for perhaps top 20 of the best players of all time. Look at his rookie numbers, and now this season, its fucking insane. And he is only going to get BETTER.

He can hit the gym and get shredded, he already has a ton of stregnth for his size. I watched him bowl through Brook Lopez at least 3 times in the paint for a score or an and 1. If he slimmed down and got ripped, he would have better endurance and probably be even stronger. Imagine Luka skill set and vision etc but with a body like Jason Richardson? Imagine if he was able to hit another gear and gain some explosiveness? I dont think he will ever play above the rim, but he doesnt need to.

If he adds a consistent 3 point shot to his game, he will be unstoppable. Who cares if he isnt an all star defender, his stat lines are fucking absurd.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well, praise from Jozu is basically the kiss of death so Luka should probably consider early retirement.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like

Jozu

Is it not a fair assessment though? As much hype as Zion was getting, Im sure every single NBA GM would choose Doncic out of all players 21 nd younger to start a franchise with.

Jozu

I know its a stretch so early in his career, Im just saying his numbers, if maintained for just, another 7 or 8 years would put him close to that threshold. He has been unbelievable, one of the best starts to a young career in NBA history. I could easily see him getting to All-NBA status every year, the triple doubles, court vision, leading statistically the most explosive offensive team ever, creates a good shot virtually EVER single time he touches the ball.

And like I said, he is so young, he is going to get better. That means he is going to put up better numbers, get better at the line, shooting the 3, etc. He could improve on his slash line, which is almost unthinkable. I am a major Doncic nut hugger but I dont see why he cant be an all time great.