NBA 2019-2020 Season: Kawhi Saved Us

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I know its a stretch so early in his career, Im just saying his numbers, if maintained for just, another 7 or 8 years would put him close to that threshold. He has been unbelievable, one of the best starts to a young career in NBA history. I could easily see him getting to All-NBA status every year, the triple doubles, court vision, leading statistically the most explosive offensive team ever, creates a good shot virtually EVER single time he touches the ball.

And like I said, he is so young, he is going to get better. That means he is going to put up better numbers, get better at the line, shooting the 3, etc. He could improve on his slash line, which is almost unthinkable. I am a major Doncic nut hugger but I dont see why he cant be an all time great.

Yeah, just the little thing of keeping it up for 7 or 8 years.

Pretty minor detail, really

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea he could start to fade a bit, but why? He's only 21, 7 more seasons puts him in his prime at 28 going into his 9th season. Unless he suffers injuries he will be locked up in Dallas playing that up tempo style. He could easily have several phenomenal seasons.

Sort of like Harden. He had a great season, EIGHT years ago. He followed that up with 7 more incredible years in Houston. Is he in the discussion for top 20 players all time?

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
The area Luka can really separate himself from say Harden, is his efficiency. He has very obvious, and very obtainable areas to grow in terms of his 3 pt shot selection, and decision making late in games. He has also been a disappointing at the line so far.

I mean he can essentially be a better Harden, with some defensive value in his rebounding (the bar is very low in comparison). And by better I mean a more "winning" player. His efficiency and ability to pass players into easy buckets will really make him Harden on steroids.

The kid has Top 10-15 All-Time talent... He's got a long, long ways to go though.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Shitpost Saturday reminder that the NBA is in league with America’s enemies, and the modern equivalent of Nazi Germany, the CCP. If you watch you’re complicit!

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Shitpost Saturday reminder that the NBA is in league with America’s enemies, and the modern equivalent of Nazi Germany, the CCP. If you watch you’re complicit!

I'll watch the Mavericks, but through means that don't contribute viewership.

• 1Solidarity

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Silence is violence, right?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

babo

Golden Knight of the Realm
babo meme.png

Jozu

Lol Boston has played well but Stevens needs to figure out a scheme to stop Giannis. They shitted on the Celts last year. Boston new pieces should help, and they are healthy, so its possible.

• 1Like

babo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Lol Boston has played well but Stevens needs to figure out a scheme to stop Giannis. They shitted on the Celts last year. Boston new pieces should help, and they are healthy, so its possible.
I know they extended Stevens contract but they never mentioned the years on it. I honestly wanted Stevens out of Boston already pretty much 7 years of failure and his favorite word to use is HOPEFULLY

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

Jozu

He hasn't really done much better than Rivers.

Doc got a chip, I dont see Stevens winning one.

• 1Pathetic

Jozu

Celts take care of business.

Kemba + Tatum + Brown just too good offensively and on defense for just Embiid.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Fuck NBA refs.

Luka started so bad, then turned into prime LBJ. Best 21 year old I’ve ever seen in this league.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Fucking KP ejection was beyond retarded. Stupid fucking league.

Luka though, Jesus. Against Kawhi & George. My God.

Jozu

Luka can't be possibly end up a top 20 player of all time!

Impossible!

• 3Picard

Jozu

Absolutely. But I dont think there is anything wrong with identifying him as a once in a generation type talent that has a chance to be an all timer.

Yea like I said he needs another 6 or 7 spectacular seasons to come close to realizing such heights, but its entirely possible.

Jozu

Is Luca a better player than LeBron was at 20, 21 years old? I say yes.

Better than Durant? I say yes.

Better than Jordan? The stats say yes.

Better than basically everyone who has ever played basketball? Maybe. He is almost averaging 30 8 9 for his career. He is hitting almost 3 threes a game, making only 32% of them, but it allows him to still space the floor at least. And he JUST turned 21.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
  • 1Galaxy Brain

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Is Luca a better player than LeBron was at 20, 21 years old? I say yes.

Better than Durant? I say yes.

Better than Jordan? The stats say yes.

Better than basically everyone who has ever played basketball? Maybe. He is basically averaging 30 9 9 for his career. He is taking almost 3 threes a game, making only 32% of them, but it allows him to still space the floor at least. And he JUST turned 21.

No on all accounts.

Jordan came INTO the league at 21. Was averaging damn near 30 to start. Which was crazy in that era. Had a team with like zero veterans. Basically he had absolute SHIT around him at 21. I can't even name a team mate.

Same for Lebron. Name ONE player on Lebron's teams his 1st THREE years. Which was when he turned 21. He was clearly top 3-5 in the NBA at 21. That includes Dirk, Kobe, Duncan etc...

It's not age that matters, but experience in the NBA man. Again back then dudes came into the league a couple years older. Hell Larry Bird was a grown ass man!

I know you're probably not my age (50) I have seen great starts to NBA careers. He definitely is in the conversation, using one of your metrics of age as the defining best player. Would you take Luka over any YOU mentioned he's better than at 21?

Top 20 in history eventually? Come on man, you see those lists? Who's he going to replace? Those dudes from the 60's that none of us have seen play? I might give you that. Would I take Luka over John Havliceck ? In a heartbeat. But that dude was all world in his era.

The best 21 year old I honestly can say I saw playing was Jordan or Magic. Jordan gets the nod in my book for pure best player. But I would start my team with age 21 Magic.

EDIT: BTW. He's a bad mutha fuckka to be sure. Don't want confusion there.

Last edited:
  • 3Like

Jozu

Fair enough. Jordan had a sensational rookie year, Johnson won a title as a rookie, playing center in the finals to boot.

Im just saying, Luka is the most sensational young player since LeBron. Id take Luka over Zion, Ja Morant, and every other player to come in the league since LeBron. AD is dominant but even then I'd rather build with Doncic.

And Luka could end up a better player at the end of his career than Jerry West, Karl Malone, Dirk Nowitzki and at least a couple others. Esp if he wins a title.