NBA 2020-2021: The Dubs Empire Strikes Back

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
People thought Clint Capela was a "monster" until they figured out the limitations of his game.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Both Bagley and Ayton are defensible without hindsight. Nobody expected Luka to be this good. I think all three guys were seen as yeah... maybe all stars... but none of them were viewed (by most) as probable superstars. Bagley's main issue has been that he just can't stay healthy - if he can string together a few healthy seasons I think he'd have a shot to be an all-star at some point still.

Of course in hindsight Luka goes #1 and teams would trade everything they could just to be able to move up one or two spots to get him. Nelson Jr. just had to give up one future first to grab him.. i wonder how good he truly thought he would be at that point. Its absurd how good he is right now, kind of annoying :) Its like when Lebron was young and you knew he was going to win a title someday you just didn't want it to happen too soon, wanted to see him struggle to get it. (Even before he was universally recognized as a giant douche.)

Last edited:

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Both Bagley and Ayton are defensible without hindsight. Nobody expected Luka to be this good. I think all three guys were seen as yeah... maybe all stars... but none of them were viewed (by most) as probable superstars. Bagley's main issue has been that he just can't stay healthy - if he can string together a few healthy seasons I think he'd have a shot to be an all-star at some point still.

Of course in hindsight Luka goes #1 and teams would trade everything they could just to be able to move up one or two spots to get him. Nelson Jr. just had to give up one future first to grab him.. i wonder how good he truly thought he would be at that point. Its absurd how good he is right now, kind of annoying :) Its like when Lebron was young and you knew he was going to win a title someday you just didn't want it to happen too soon, wanted to see him struggle to get it. (Even before he was universally recognized as a giant douche.)
Luka will win a championship, just not in Dallas. Cuban is completely incapable of putting championship level free agents around him. He'll go somewhere else to get a ring.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I dont know about that. He is only 22, and will be a RFA next year. I doubt he just jumps ship, I believe he will sign at least one big contract with Dallas, and if they still dont win by the time he is 25 26 then he will go.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah I'd imagine he'll stay for 1 or 2 contracts in Dallas and if it's still a shitshow maybe he goes ring chasing near the end.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I dont know about that. He is only 22, and will be a RFA next year. I doubt he just jumps ship, I believe he will sign at least one big contract with Dallas, and if they still dont win by the time he is 25 26 then he will go.
Nothing what you said contradicts my statement. I expect Luka to sign one supermax deal in Dallas then jump ship for a real championship franchise.

• 1Like

Jozu

Sucks Eaton died.

I was just looking him up on wiki a few weeks ago after being curious about NBA block record holders. He averaged 5.6 blocks PER GAME one year, and leads the NBA in blocks per game, 4th all time in total blocks with over 3,000. Only Olajawon, Motumbo, and Jabbar have more, and look at those guys, they are giant African freaks, this dude was a big gangly white dude who was a car mechanic out of a community college.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Kareem should have more but they didn't start recording blocks as a stat until he was already playing. Wilt and Russell would have preposterous block numbers if they'd been recorded back then too.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Lechild will never be considered better than Jordan.

• 2Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Lechild will never be considered better than Jordan.

That is a PUSSY ass way to act. Way to lead your fuckin team when they need you. Hangs his fuckin head. Didn't even try to get back on D.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
  • 1Truth!

Jozu

Kyrie is the biggest fucking pussy in the NBA.

Right behind LeBron.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This Portland-Denver game is insane. Lillard has been automatic.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Holy shit. Lebron upstaged by Devin Booker of all people? Can the real Lakers MVP make it back to save China Lebron?