NBA 2020-2021: The Dubs Empire Strikes Back

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
The whole sequencing of the Mavs front office stuff is pretty wild. Really interesting was how Carlisle was all about Kidd publicly, while Luka seemed to want Mosley promoted who was there under Carlisle. Wonder if that means there's some kind of issue between Mosley and Carlisle. Maybe they should Thunderdome on PPV.
Tim MacMahon said Carlisle and Mosley weren't really getting along. I personally would've rather promoted Mosley over Kidd, but Kidd is absolutely loved around the league by players... The league is pretty much all about player management now, so whatever.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Tim MacMahon said Carlisle and Mosley weren't really getting along. I personally would've rather promoted Mosley over Kidd, but Kidd is absolutely loved around the league by players... The league is pretty much all about player management now, so whatever.
Right, but at least Kidd does have some coaching experience. I just kind of thought him leaving Dallas last time wasn't under ideal circumstances. Guess sometimes those bridges get rebuilt.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I really like the Kidd hire exactly because he is so well loved by players.

On to current games, I'm really pulling for the Suns and hope Leonard stays in his suit. Leonard is probably the most delicate 6'7" player in the league. It's surprising an injury prone, smaller, older CP3 is still playing while conserve my body Leonard can't stay healthy at 29 but I'll take it. Sit just one more game dude. Just one more. I don't think the Suns can beat the Bucks either way but I'd love it if CP finally gets a ring.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They will just say they didnt want their opponent to think Khawi would be unavailable the entire series, so they kept the possibility of his return on the table, even though they and he knew he was done for the year. It must be a semi serious injury, as he would have tried to play. He did it in Toronto, I remember watching him hobble around but still balling on the way to a title. So he will play hurt, but he just must be too hurt.

Sterling

El Presidente
Consistent and frequent leg issues doesn't bode well for a long career. It doesn't seem very likely that he'll be able to keep it together into his mid/late 30s.

• 1Like

Jozu

Yeah, Khawi is an old 29. He doesnt have anything left to prove to be honest. I mean, what are the chances he would bring a title to two moribund franchises, and a 4th ring overall? He would be one of the greatest players in NBA history at that point.

If he truly is done being a top level player he had a great run and I would argue is a HoFer. Two finals MVPs....

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah Spurs once and Raptors once. He's definitely better than a lot of dudes already in the HoF. Basketball HoF is pretty notorious for how easy it is to get in compared to the other sports.

Last edited:

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Jay Williams would be a better motorcycle instructor than NBA analyst

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Jozu

I thought Khawi won 2 with spurs my fault.

Also, Trae Young doesnt even know how to do a shimmy lol. He is shrugging his shoulders.

Sterling

El Presidente
Hawks just aren't very good aside from Young.
hawksg3.PNG

Preposterous.

Jozu

Bogdanovic 2-10 from 3 isn't gonna cut it.

And he hit more 3's than he did 2's lol.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I'm shocked the Hawks are this far along. Now don't get me wrong, I think these playoffs are very opportunistic of them (considering what teams are out, or injuries). If they DeAndre Hunter healthy, they'd have a legitimate shot at beating the Bucks. Very surprised by that.

babo

Golden Knight of the Realm
I wanted the Clippers to win it all but its over for them. I honestly feel bad for PG because all Clipper fans are shitbags and use him as the scapegoat. No Kawhi but im not surprised too much load management might do that to you.
Trae got too cold and is now frozen.
My fire Brad campaign paid off.
Giannis is too dumb to be trusted and gets stage fright, even Coach Bud knows it.
Who ever comes out the east wont have enough fire power to compete with the Suns (Suns in 4!)

• 1Picard