NBA 2021-22 Season Thread - [Insert Whitty Title Here]

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Dallas needs to give more space between the court and fans. This is silly.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Dinwiddie the only player in these three games to reach double-digits from Dallas' bench. Damnit, lol.

C'MON ADAM SILVER HELPPPPPP CALL IN HELP haha

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Of course a decade later Wiggins actually wants to turn into a good player for a game.

• 1Worf

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Of course a decade later Wiggins actually wants to turn into a good player for a game.

Wiggins has been so good in these playoffs. Probably the second best player on the team behind Curry.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Now Mavs have to seriously be worried about getting swept. This should have been the Mavs best chance at a win and they completely botched it.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I was always a truther for Wiggins. I mean, he never turned into an elite player, and won't - but there was always a better player in there on the right team, than he showed with the Wolves.

I keep forgetting the Mavs are without Tim Hardaway Jr. Not a perfect player, but could absolutely use his firepower off the bench. Regardless, this team WAY overachieved these playoffs. Hard to beat good teams when you can't rim protect, or rebound at all, then your role players decide to shoot under 29%. It's a miracle we beat the Suns. Warriors definitely dodged a bullet there.

Warriors have to be to smelling another title. They're not quite the team they used to be, but with a banged up Butler in Miami, I just don't see them losing in the Finals. At least we didn't lose to the Suns, I can stomach losing to the Warriors - outside legitimately 80% of Warriors fans being undeniable band wagoners.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Warriors have to be to smelling another title. They're not quite the team they used to be

They're obviously no KD Warriors, but I think this team is a little better than the 2015 championship team. Wiggins is a much better Harrison Barnes and Looney is a more spry and versatile old man Bogut. And that's not even including what Jordan Poole brings as there was no comparison on the 2015 team. Only thing this team is missing a prime Iguodala - who hasn't played since the first round.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
They're obviously no KD Warriors, but I think this team is a little better than the 2015 championship team. Wiggins is a much better Harrison Barnes and Looney is a more spry and versatile old man Bogut. And that's not even including what Jordan Poole brings as there was no comparison on the 2015 team. Only thing this team is missing a prime Iguodala - who hasn't played since the first round.
I respectfully disagree. Iguodala, Livingston, Bogut, I think that was a deeper team that offered higher defensive upside. Iguodala was really intricate to how good that GS team was. I think Looney really benefits from his match up this series. I get the argument, but I'd go with 2015, because I believe the versions of Klay & Iguodala you get are better. That team did win 67 games.

I always felt whoever won the title this year, it was going to be a very opportunistic championship with how many prominent teams are injured. Denver, Clippers, Bucks, Lakers (maybe) are all going to be a better version of themselves.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I respectfully disagree. Iguodala, Livingston, Bogut, I think that was a deeper team that offered higher defensive upside. Iguodala was really intricate to how good that GS team was. I think Looney really benefits from his match up this series. I get the argument, but I'd go with 2015, because I believe the versions of Klay & Iguodala you get are better. That team did win 67 games.

I always felt whoever won the title this year, it was going to be a very opportunistic championship with how many prominent teams are injured. Denver, Clippers, Bucks, Lakers (maybe) are all going to be a better version of themselves.

Yeah but the Warriors also overcame a ton of injuries in the regular season. Klay, Steph, and Dray shared the court for a grand total of 12 minutes in the regular season. That explains their regular season record a ton. They were short handed at least one major player all season.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
I'll refrain from comparing this team to 2015 too much... this team has had a ton of potential to be great, has been slowed by injuries,..... looking good at the moment but that comp can't really start unless 5 more wins take place.

Right now just hoping to close out by game 5 at least to get some extra rest, and hoping the Heat can somehow find a way to beat the Celtics so Marcus Dumb doesn't have any more chances to roll over on our legs in the finals.

• 1Like

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Just kind of fell out of basketball but as a Heat fan I hope it's the Heat-Warriors (obviously). Warriors definitely have the edge against either Miami or Boston, but I don't think Boston has the potential to rise to the challenge of facing Golden State in the finals. They're just young and don't seem mentally tough. In game 3 they got outscored in the paint 48-34 but had free throws in their favor 30-14. It was 30-5 until the last 90 seconds of the game when they had to start fouling intentionally. Then Jaylen Brown says this:

Yeah ok buddy you had as many FT's as the whole Miami team.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
These ECF fucking suck. Teams are so damn inconsistent.

• 2Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That 3 ball. It's why I hate todays NBA.

Can't all be the Warriors. Although funnily enough they've been way more of a drive inside the paint team in the Mavs series.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That 3 ball. It's why I hate todays NBA.

NBA really needs to readjust the line, and make it farther out. I'm not sure that'll totally solve the issue, but it's a start.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
NBA really needs to readjust the line, and make it farther out. I'm not sure that'll totally solve the issue, but it's a start.
Doing away with the corner 3 would be a start. Since the 3 line there is the shortest distance to the bucket. Make the arc go out of bounds where it would naturally end rather than cutting it short and running it along the sideline.

• 2Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
These playoffs have been, for the most part, boring as all get out. If the Mavs didn't make it as far as they did, I wouldn't be watching outside of checking box scores. There are no more truly "scary teams", and on top of that everyone shoots 3's and always will from here on out.

Average point margin for the last 17 playoff games: 19.8 points LOL

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
These playoffs have been, for the most part, boring as all get out. If the Mavs didn't make it as far as they did, I wouldn't be watching outside of checking box scores. There are no more truly "scary teams", and on top of that everyone shoots 3's and always will from here on out.

Average point margin for the last 17 playoff games: 19.8 points LOL

GSW-MEM was the most entertaining and it still didn't really live up to the billing.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Mavs up 29, I look up with the audio off - up 8.... Lol. Falling asleep at the wheel. Tsk tsk.

Kidd's been great all year, outside of Game 2 this series, and whatever that 4th quarter was.

Last edited:

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Heat shit 7-45 from 3 at home in Game 5 lol. I was going to correct the typo but realized it's better that way.

• 2Worf