NBA 2021-22 Season Thread - [Insert Whitty Title Here]

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
They were the best team in the second half of the season man. Their defense is number one in the league. They have the defensive player of the year. A top 5 player in Tatum. Maybe 10. Top 20 in Brown. They played a shitty Nets team. A hurt Bucks team, and a tired Miami team. Let me not even answer you on the Lakers.

Tatum is a top 10 player when he's confident. Dude gets rustled easily.

Sterling

El Presidente
Tatum is a legit top 10 type guy for sure. Brown is not a top 20 player though. That would make him the best player on about half the teams in the league.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
NBA is stupid with their scheduling, especially for the Finals. Why so many days in between games?!

During the Mavs series, I thought the East winner had no chance. After it ended, though, and looking at it objectively, I really thought Boston's length and athleticism would give them real issues. The Cavs in the past did the same thing, pre-Durant. Looks like it will be a good series - Although I'm sure I'll miss 85% of it because game 4 will be next Friday or something stupid.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Warriors have been down 2-1 before. Celtics D is intense. But they did face this before and come back. A number of times. Celtics can just get on insane shooting streaks. Gotta clean up those rebounds. Need more Looney.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
AL Horford is a dirty bitch. Two dirty plays in one game on Steph and the 2nd may have ended the series. Curry says he feels the same as he did when thta piece of shit Marcus Dumb dove on his leg 4 months ago, sending Curry to the injured list for weeks.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Im shocked by Horford. When the Celtics resigned him I was like lol, good pickup! The guy is washed, he looked broken in OKC, healthy scratch type guy. Suddenly he emerges around the halfway point of the season and is leading the team in plus minus on multiple nights, is a defensive stopper, and is a legit scoring and passing threat. Wut. Somone drug test that man.

Then you add in Marcus Smart becoming a 40% 3 point shooter who also happens to be the best perimeter defender in the league, and you have maybe one of the best 1 through 4 lineups in the NBA. Timelord is leading everyone in plus minus in the Finals though, so perhaps they are just the best team 1 through 5. Thats with a rookie head coach.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
AL Horford is a dirty bitch. Two dirty plays in one game on Steph and the 2nd may have ended the series. Curry says he feels the same as he did when thta piece of shit Marcus Dumb dove on his leg 4 months ago, sending Curry to the injured list for weeks.
ROFL. This coming from a fan of a team with DreFlop Green on the roster. Cope and seethe.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Come on man. It was a loose ball. Both were on the ground.

• 1Like

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Horford was behind Curry, sat on his leg, stayed on his leg and knew he was there, then rolled over putting even more weight on it. Not long after he tried to roll Curry's ankle on a 3 which he got the flagrant for. Btw, Horford gets like $7 million extra if the Celtics win the finals, he has a lot of incentive for a hit, especially when he hasn't done much else after the first game.

• 1Moron

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Horford was behind Curry, sat on his leg, stayed on his leg and knew he was there, then rolled over putting even more weight on it. Not long after he tried to roll Curry's ankle on a 3 which he got the flagrant for. Btw, Horford gets like $7 million extra if the Celtics win the finals, he has a lot of incentive for a hit, especially when he hasn't done much else after the first game.

?????

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Celtics guaranteed that bonus before the finals started I'm pretty sure.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Boston the one time I want to cheer you, you lose. FML

I really hate how the NBA live and die by the 3, and Adam Silver is willingly dumb about it. It's bad for the game.

• 1Truth!

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

I really hate how the NBA live and die by the 3, and Adam Silver is willingly dumb about it. It's bad for the game.
Yeah, figure they'll eventually have to get rid of the corner 3. These playoffs have really struggled with how lopsided some of these games are. Plus, less action and what not.

• 1Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>

No, it's not.

It is great that they finally addressed the kicking and landing space area this season. It was beyond retarded.
It is great to see three points. Basketball is about shooting the basketball, not dunking and pushing.

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Perimeter defenders with loads of endurance are becoming more and more valued because of the 3.

Marcus Smart winning dpoy shows how the league is trying to recognize and encourage these efforts, as the only way to address the 3 is to defend the 3, not fucking take it out of the game or alter it fundamentally.

Look at the Celtics. The reason they were the number 1 defense and are in the finals is directly linked to their outstanding perimeter defenders, and will be the reason they win this series.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
No, it's not.

It is great that they finally addressed the kicking and landing space area this season. It was beyond retarded.
It is great to see three points. Basketball is about shooting the basketball, not dunking and pushing.
The corner three being available, practically makes any emphasis on athleticism and driving, as mute as possible. Eliminating the corner 3 would do a lot to make the game more interesting again.

• 1Like