NBA 2021-22 Season Thread - [Insert Whitty Title Here]

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Been a fun run as a Mavs fan. I would've been happy with just one series win. Worst rebounding playoff team I've maybe ever seen, though - and just not enough talent.

Get me an upgrade at center who can rim protect a bit, and rebound, and I'm happy.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Been a fun run as a Mavs fan. I would've been happy with a series win. Worst rebounding playoff team I've maybe ever seen, though - and just not enough talent.

Get me an upgrade at center who can rim protect a bit, and rebound and I'm happy.
And Kidd needs to learn that "Let them play through it" doesn't work in the playoffs. Keep that regular season bullshit where it belongs. He absolutely let the game get out of hand in the 1st quarter.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
And Kidd needs to learn that "Let them play through it" doesn't work in the playoffs. Keep that regular season bullshit where it belongs. He absolutely let the game get out of hand in the 1st quarter.

I think Kidd is a good coach but absolutely needs to learn how to use TOs. Kerr will call a TO sometimes after a 5-0 run. Slow the pace. Reset.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Kidd needs to use time outs early to manage Luka’s emotionality too, especially if he’s not getting calls. If he’s driving and getting no whistles, he tends to get reckless in the paint and becomes very turnover prone.

Maybe he feels like he’d rather let Doncic fume to fuel offensive aggression, but Luka is best when he’s thinking clearly and making good decisions in the half court.

Anyway, they need a roster shake-up. After seeing guys blow by Luka on the perimeter the entirety of the WCF and seeing an ineffective Powell in the paint, I’m warming up to the idea of Gobert. He’s not ideal but at least I think they could make it happen financially… There are some crazy reasonably attainable possibilities out there to pair with Luka (Herro, Beal, Siakam) but I doubt any of those moves get made. Mavs FO just isn’t bold enough.

• 3Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I really disagree with spoelstra rotation for the playoff. He benched duncan even when the rest of the team was struggling shooting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Im just proud of Tatum, him carrying the mantle as the next great, white Celtics player. He is probably the 4th greatest white Celtic of all time behind Bird, Mchale and Havlichek.

Honestly I like Boston in 6. Tatum and Browns perimeter defense is going to give the Warriors problems. Williams and Horford are going to swallow up Wiggins and Green putting more pressure on the Warriors to shoot even more 3's. If they catch fire and are scorching from outside, the Celtics are fucked anyway, but thats pretty much the only way they can win this series. Meanwhile the Celtics can shoot the 3, score inside, and are a better half court team and a much better defensive team.

Tatums defense compared to Curry isnt close, and thats not even figuring in the defensive player of the year who will be Curry's primary defender. Brown can match Klay, if any team is built to defeat Golden State its this Boston team. The Warriors need to be consistent to win not Boston. All they have to do is play defense, they can still win if Tatum has a quiet offensive night, Warriors arent winning if Curry has an off night.

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Im just proud of Tatum, him carrying the mantle as the next great, white Celtics player. He is probably the 4th greatest white Celtic of all time behind Bird, Mchale and Havlichek.

Honestly I like Boston in 6. Tatum and Browns perimeter defense is going to give the Warriors problems. Williams and Horford are going to swallow up Wiggins and Green putting more pressure on the Warriors to shoot even more 3's. If they catch fire and are scorching from outside, the Celtics are fucked anyway, but thats pretty much the only way they can win this series. Meanwhile the Celtics can shoot the 3, score inside, and are a better half court team and a much better defensive team.

Tatums defense compared to Curry isnt close, and thats not even figuring in the defensive player of the year who will be Curry's primary defender. Brown can match Klay, if any team is built to defeat Golden State its this Boston team. The Warriors need to be consistent to win not Boston. All they have to do is play defense, they can still win if Tatum has a quiet offensive night, Warriors arent winning if Curry has an off night.

Warriors are right behind the Celtics in perimeter defense. Threes won't come easy for them either.

And people act like Curry sucks at defense but that's just not the case. He's just not at the same level as Klay, Wiggins, or Green. He's not the liability everyone always makes him out to be.

I think Poole is going to be the difference in these Finals. If Warriors can actually run their small ball lineup in this series Celtics are in trouble.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Fucking painful. Hate all things Boston sports so much and you can't really lose a game 1 in a worse manner than that. At home, dominating through 3 quarters, the other teams best player doing shit, and you just get annihilated by the oppononets role players in the 4th. Open shot after open shot.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Holy shit, that's rough.

1654232991142.png
1654233026200.png

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That sucked. They shot an insane percentage from three. If Horford is going to outperform Klay offensively every game we're done. That lineup with Iggy and Poole was a disaster. Changed the whole tide of the game.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Looks like I was right. Tatum can shit the bed and Boston can still win.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not much you can do about a 100% 3pt FG% in the 4th. Insane shooting. That won't happen again but it fucking sucks to lose after a 15 point lead and blow a Steph performance like that.
Stop being a good sport; you are making it more difficult than it should be to hate the Warriors.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I think this is one of the worst seasons I've seen. It's strange why Boston was able to reach the finals. But most of all, I was disappointed that the Lakers didn't even make the playoff!
Get out of here russian basketball bot.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I think this is one of the worst seasons I've seen. It's strange why Boston was able to reach the finals. But most of all, I was disappointed that the Lakers didn't even make the playoff!

They were the best team in the second half of the season man. Their defense is number one in the league. They have the defensive player of the year. A top 5 player in Tatum. Maybe 10. Top 20 in Brown. They played a shitty Nets team. A hurt Bucks team, and a tired Miami team. Let me not even answer you on the Lakers.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users