NBA 2021-22 Season Thread - [Insert Whitty Title Here]

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
The corner three being available, practically makes any emphasis on athleticism and driving, as mute as possible. Eliminating the corner 3 would do a lot to make the game more interesting again.
Guard the guy shooting the ball.
There, I have solved the 3 point problem vs anyone not named Stephen Curry. Only a handful of players in the league can shoot a contested 3 consistently.

The corner 3 is to punish you for doubling someone.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Look at the Celtics. The reason they were the number 1 defense and are in the finals is directly linked to their outstanding perimeter defenders, and will be the reason they win this series.

If this goes to 7 I don't think the Dubs will lose that last game at home. Have a feeling Curry would have an even better game than last night.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If this goes 7 Celtics are fucked. They need to win the next 2 or its over for them. It will come down to Game 6. They havent lost 2 in a row since March so I believe they will get their shit together and win game 5, so they then need to close out in Game 6. Im not sure they have the juice in order to come back from that let down at home and then win with everything on the line in California. I mean, if they lose Game 5 its over over, but again, even if they tied it up to make it 3-3 by winning at home in game 6, taking the deciding game 7 is a TALL task.

Anything could happen, but if the Celtics can win this next game, they have a good chance at pulling it off.

taebin

Same trailer, different park
Hold on Jozu. Let me double check that hot take. In a 2-2 series, if Boston goes to San Fran and wins Game 5 on the road, and is a single win away from the championship with the next game on their home floor..... they then have a chance at pulling this off? Are you sure about that?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Im simply saying that is there only path forward....lol? Do you think they would win a game 7?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Wiggins stepping the fuck up in these playoffs. With the way this series has gone I never would've thought we could have snagged a double digit win with Curry not making a single three.

Jozu

Welp....the Celtics made it this far....but I think its over now. They still couldnt win with Curry doing nothing.

If someone said Curry will not hit a single 3 in game 5 but the Warriors will still win they would of been laughed at.

Celts just cant make shots. They will win game 6 but taking 7 is a task too tall.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Welp....the Celtics made it this far....but I think its over now. They still couldnt win with Curry doing nothing.

If someone said Curry will not hit a single 3 in game 5 but the Warriors will still win they would of been laughed at.

Celts just cant make shots. They will win game 6 but taking 7 is a task too tall.

This. And Tatum playing a good game.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This. And Tatum playing a good game.

Last night was his best game of the Finals and he missed way too many FTs and was tired af by the end of the game. Ime needs rely on the bench a bit more because Brown and Tatum have been falling apart in the fourth quarters.

People always overlook the Warriors defense and I don't get it. They've been a defensive-minded team since the Mark Jackson days. I think they just see the offensive superstars and assume all they do is score points. They're good on both sides of the ball.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Tatum is either going to capture greatness over the next 2 games or fade into mediocrity.

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yes, his career will be totally defined by these two games and he'll never have another chance at a final again if he doesn't win this one. Just like that time the 49ers folded as a franchise.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Jozu

Well he could definetly make it back. But im sure you understand its not easy making it to the finals. Boston one trip in last 11 years. My point is the difference in his career legacy will be massively different if he leads the Celtics to win the next 2 games.

And you guys act like I wasnt joking, but thanks for continiously thinking about comments I made 3 years ago.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Tatum has been pretty middling this entire finals, don't see him randomly stepping up now.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Really cool with this. There is definitely an element of "stat-stuffer" with Wood, but he's definitely another good offensive weapon, who should give Luka a good pick & pop, and rim-runner on pick & roll. His athleticism will be welcomed. In a contract year, with Kidd & Sweaney, solid chance he might learn to play some defense. I would've preferred a Capela-type, but for one asset this works.

Really good get for just the 26th pick, and 3 bench pieces they wanted to move anyways. Also brought him in with matching salary, so they still have the $11.9mm trade exception, and the $6.9 mid-level to use. Re-sign Brunson, and find a rotation vet wing for the MLE.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That's a great move for the Mavs. Their problem down the stretch was no reliable secondary scorer.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
As long as he doesn't become another Clint Capela. Strong in the regular season and can't score in the playoffs. At least Wood has a jump shot.